• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Lead article on back page re planned protest

Perhaps you've not been paying attention to the use of capital letters. Some people have said it's a FACT, which means it's true, whereas others have used lower case which, as you rightly point out, constitutes hearsay.

Does this mean she is D.I.S.C.O?

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to the "Blue Voice are a disgrace" messages on here after the game....

:doh:

So are the blue voice going with cheers for the team, or sack the board geoff king out stuff?
hoping its the former.

Where can i get this rose tinted specs because i wish i could be as happy as some on.

I seriously do think some of you should wake up and realise what is going on. i know for a fact players have not been paid on time aswell!

If that is the case though, then what is protesting going to achieve? Ron isn't going to suddenly find a load of cash behind the sofa. If we're skint then we're skint and that's the framework that we all need to understand and work within. If we're not skint then we need to sign two defenders right away.

If that is the case though, then what is protesting going to achieve? Ron isn't going to suddenly find a load of cash behind the sofa. If we're skint then we're skint and that's the framework that we all need to understand and work within. If we're not skint then we need to sign two defenders right away.

So Mr Kings constant awful PR is acceptable is it? the protest is mainly to get the point across of him, he is causing extra unneeded trouble with his mindboggling comments

dave the shrimper? are you perhaps mr King? what a load of bolleax!

Ok Luke, you got me I hold my hands up. I have been posting on here under the name of Dave the Shrimper for the past 7/8 years purely for a day like today when I can support the club against a backlash against the fans.

You have caught us fair and square. Uncle Ron and I will disappear from the club as you wish by later today and you can have you club, massively in debt, no hope of a new stadium and with limited playing assets back.

Good luck as new chairman Luke. I am sure with your vast business accumin and contacts in the council you will have no problems at all funding a new stadium, balancing the finances of a fairly poorly supported lower league club and spending the million odd pounds a season on players that fans like you demmand.

Thanks for the ride guys - Its been fun while it lasted.....

DtS - Sorry.................Geoff King.

So Mr Kings constant awful PR is acceptable is it? the protest is mainly to get the point across of him, he is causing extra unneeded trouble with his mindboggling comments

Then the protest will also be terrible PR as it may put off families coming to the hall and distract players. Write in to Ron expressing your displeasure instead - I reckon 1000 letters into the club will do more than 1000 people singing King out.

What exactly do people hope to achieve by protesting?

For answers? Probably best to wait and see what comes of tonights proceedings... There could well be an answer for all of this, whether we're tightening the purse strings to pay for the tax bill so we can survive until the Sainsburys payment comes in, or we're waiting for Geoff to win the lottery.

For action regarding GK? Doubtful that anything will happen to The Spin King, instead of making a spectacle out of it, which is likely to affect the players mentality and draw attention to the problem, voice your concerns to the club. eMail is a wonderful thing...

For an explanation on signings? Again, wait for what comes of the AGM tonight... It could well be we were drastically unlucky in attempting to bring someone in, we might've been turned down at the last or, as I suspect, Premiership teams were waiting to see what shape their squads are in after the window closes before sending anybody out on loan.

What's been said before on this thread I completely agree with, I'd much rather have an open Chairman like Ron Martin, who'll talk to the fans and accept questions, than somebody else who hides behind a shroud of secrecy. RM has been showing signs of anger and impatience with fans in recent months, probably best not to push him out when the future of the club hangs in the balance.

Of course it isn't and I've been as critical of it as anyone lately, but as someone else said a protest needs to be clear on what it is about and I don't think this one is. You're protesting against Geoff King saying nasty things about Alex Revell, matty is protesting about us being skint, someone else will be protesting about us only having 16 players, I'm unhappy about the continued lack to bacon rolls, the list goes on.

What exactly do people hope to achieve by protesting?

For answers? Probably best to wait and see what comes of tonights proceedings... There could well be an answer for all of this, whether we're tightening the purse strings to pay for the tax bill so we can survive until the Sainsburys payment comes in, or we're waiting for Geoff to win the lottery.

For action regarding GK? Doubtful that anything will happen to The Spin King, instead of making a spectacle out of it, which is likely to affect the players mentality and draw attention to the problem, voice your concerns to the club. eMail is a wonderful thing...

For an explanation on signings? Again, wait for what comes of the AGM tonight... It could well be we were drastically unlucky in attempting to bring someone in, we might've been turned down at the last or, as I suspect, Premiership teams were waiting to see what shape their squads are in after the window closes before sending anybody out on loan.

What's been said before on this thread I completely agree with, I'd much rather have an open Chairman like Ron Martin, who'll talk to the fans and accept questions, than somebody else who hides behind a shroud of secrecy. RM has been showing signs of anger and impatience with fans in recent months, probably best not to push him out when the future of the club hangs in the balance.

No sooner did I post this than a statement from RM confirm all of these answers...

I'll pm you the player that told me...also the circumstances, for obvious reasons i wont put the players name up on sz lest he goes same way as Revell!.

I also know for a fact (FACT) that they haven't always been paid on time. There was a meeting with the players today to discuss this and other things concerning the clubs finances. However, if it was such a big and regular issue, then the club would be in breach of contract and players would hand in transfer requests.

At the very least, Revs would have been pleased to join a team which might pay his wages on time. (He also might have mentioned it to the Echo, to back up his statement re the club's financial woes).

So, there might be an issue with wages, but I believe it to be a minor issue, which has to be resolved (or already has been) but is not the end of the world.

Just let the club sort it out and don't stress about things you cannot do anything about. In fact the only bad thing we could do is to create a negative atmosphere at tomorrow's match. This could affect the players on the pitch, even if we are not directly criticising them.

mars_protest.jpg

So are the blue voice going with cheers for the team, or sack the board geoff king out stuff?
hoping its the former.

Well, I will be doing my bit and getting behind the lads and encouraging all to do the same. But, what everyone else in the vicinity does is another matter. We have no membership scheme and no "official" section, so anyone can be seated in Block W. I cannot control it and have no right to. It is a free country after all.

Last edited:
Back