• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Lead article on back page re planned protest

What exactly do people hope to achieve by protesting?

For answers? Probably best to wait and see what comes of tonights proceedings... There could well be an answer for all of this, whether we're tightening the purse strings to pay for the tax bill so we can survive until the Sainsburys payment comes in, or we're waiting for Geoff to win the lottery.

For action regarding GK? Doubtful that anything will happen to The Spin King, instead of making a spectacle out of it, which is likely to affect the players mentality and draw attention to the problem, voice your concerns to the club. eMail is a wonderful thing...

For an explanation on signings? Again, wait for what comes of the AGM tonight... It could well be we were drastically unlucky in attempting to bring someone in, we might've been turned down at the last or, as I suspect, Premiership teams were waiting to see what shape their squads are in after the window closes before sending anybody out on loan.

What's been said before on this thread I completely agree with, I'd much rather have an open Chairman like Ron Martin, who'll talk to the fans and accept questions, than somebody else who hides behind a shroud of secrecy. RM has been showing signs of anger and impatience with fans in recent months, probably best not to push him out when the future of the club hangs in the balance.

A really fantastic post.

If only more people on here were as rational as that.

Ok Luke, you got me I hold my hands up. I have been posting on here under the name of Dave the Shrimper for the past 7/8 years purely for a day like today when I can support the club against a backlash against the fans.

You have caught us fair and square. Uncle Ron and I will disappear from the club as you wish by later today and you can have you club, massively in debt, no hope of a new stadium and with limited playing assets back.

Good luck as new chairman Luke. I am sure with your vast business accumin and contacts in the council you will have no problems at all funding a new stadium, balancing the finances of a fairly poorly supported lower league club and spending the million odd pounds a season on players that fans like you demmand.

Thanks for the ride guys - Its been fun while it lasted.....

DtS - Sorry.................Geoff King.

I suppose this means Dad Of Dave The Shrimper is really Dad Of Geoffrey King.

No Dad of DtS is in fact Chris Ramsey and Richard Youngs love child.

Blimey Dave, you are right.

Ewalker.JPG

:stunned:

everyone bought the ron martin excuse then.

everyone forgets about the promises of new signings and investment. not to mention the huge amount of money we owe. none of this mentioned in the monthly chairmans statement trying to save his skin!

chuck in a few long words and confusing sentences and everyone believe him again.

funny how he missed a lot out on his statement though.

everyone bought the ron martin excuse then.

everyone forgets about the promises of new signings and investment. not to mention the huge amount of money we owe. none of this mentioned in the monthly chairmans statement trying to save his skin!

chuck in a few long words and confusing sentences and everyone believe him again.

funny how he missed a lot out on his statement though.

I think the problem is that we, as fans, want everything. In your second sentence you have a pop at Ron for both not spending money on players and for us being skint. Surely those are two criticisms which are at the end of the same scale. Either we're not making signings when we could be, in which case we're not skint, or we're skint and therefore shouldn't be making signings.

I don't think anyone has forgotten about the promises of new players coming in. The problem, IMO, is that those promises were made at a time when the Club should have been trying to dampen down expectations and getting us used to the idea of having a very small squad this year.

On the specific issues of the money supposedly owed to Spencer Prior and to the departure of Alex Revell being down to money and not being down to him not scoring 20 goals last season, Ron's statement was fine. The underlying issues remain though and we'll all have to see how they play out after tonight's AGM and in the weeks ahead.

I think the problem is that we, as fans, want everything. In your second sentence you have a pop at Ron for both not spending money on players and for us being skint. Surely those are two criticisms which are at the end of the same scale. Either we're not making signings when we could be, in which case we're not skint, or we're skint and therefore shouldn't be making signings.

I don't think anyone has forgotten about the promises of new players coming in. The problem, IMO, is that those promises were made at a time when the Club should have been trying to dampen down expectations and getting us used to the idea of having a very small squad this year.

On the specific issues of the money supposedly owed to Spencer Prior and to the departure of Alex Revell being down to money and not being down to him not scoring 20 goals last season, Ron's statement was fine. The underlying issues remain though and we'll all have to see how they play out after tonight's AGM and in the weeks ahead.

its actually not myself making these criticisms its just me pointing out what rm promised and failed to deliver and now we are clearly skint as.

personally i just feel the statement was a list of excuses. but thats what i always think of his statements. maybe thats just me but i am no more convinced when actually speaking to him personally as i have done on a couple of occassions.

as someone else said which i thought was a great point was that as soon as we play a chelsea or a man u or whoever he's the first out there walking around the pitch taking the applause. but when times get tough will he be doing the same. don't think so some how!

i didnt....but then nor do i agree with protesting during a game that may have a negative impact on the team and their performance.

i am all for answers to very valid questions being asked and points being made. i am not in favour of a protest during the game, then the team maybe suffering as a result of the negativity in the ground. i would much rather the protest, if thats what people feel is necessary, is aimed and targeted at those people who are responsible and can provide the answers sought, and as i see it them people are the directors.

i also find it strange that so many people are experts on how to both manage a football team and also run a football club all of a sudden. some on here are worried if tilly goes unyet when the team underperforms there are experts pouring out of the woodwork....when RM doesnt quite do what everyone else would of done, they can all of a sudden run the club better than he can. i wonder tho, would these people who complain so much and make out like everyone else is crap at their job could actually do a better job or would even have the balls to take it on. probably not....hindsight tho is a bloody fantastic ability to have

for me, i could do neither....although if you ask me late tomorrow i might well be an expert in all manner of things after an afternoon on the booze.

(and if your wondering i do tho agree that GK should never be quoted again and should do his job in silence)

Protest?! Are you serious?! And as for choosing to stage this protest so near to TBV, you seem to mis-understand something, TBV SUPPORT the players and the managers, not hold mass protests yelling stuff like "King Out" and other stuff, in fact, I am with Smiffy here, and if I hear the words "King Out" chanted at the match on Friday, I will do my absalute upmost to 'oust' the negativity, with the support of TBV.

Oh, and I cant wait to hear some threads on here come Saturday saying that TBV were a disgrace as they were negative throughout the whole game, because I will be doing nothing else tomorrow but supporting the blues, throughout the match, and NOT ONE NEGATIVE CHANT will pass through my lips tomorrow, I simply will not let it happen.

Maybe Blue Voice should move to the South tomorrow.
Why should we move for some so-called "Fans" of this club are going to protest and be negative, isnt the right thing to do in my mind. Stay in Block W TBV, and drown out the noise from the protesters with our drums, and our positive support!

Why should we move for some so-called "Fans" of this club are going to protest and be negative, isnt the right thing to do in my mind. Stay in Block W TBV, and drown out the noise from the protesters with our drums, and our positive support!

Sincerely hope this is the case, i'll be singing up in the East.
I really hate fa''ing Orient. Success Fri night would not be any sweeter.

Sincerely hope this is the case, i'll be singing up in the East.
I really hate fa''ing Orient. Success Fri night would not be any sweeter.
I second that, cannot stand Orient, they are complete scum imo. I want to us to get a win tomorrow, and I will be supporting the team as much as I can!

Back