• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Options

• Boo him as I would any returning player

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • Would have cheered him but will now boo after his celebrations

Votes: 20 45.5%
  • Good servant will cheer him.

Votes: 21 47.7%

• Total voters
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mr. Benedict @ June 29 2006,23:18)]I thought 750k was vastly overpriced.

1.2 million is a scandalous waste of money on Palace's part. Do they really want a Leeds-style financial crisis?
As I said though, they've got the Andy Johnson (plus now the One Size Fitz Hall) cash burning a hole in Taylor's pocket

Shame Corty left us on a Bosman & there's no sell-on clause!

£1 million, palace def have more money than sense
tounge.gif

Ha ha ha.

Another Peter Taylor special.

Nice bloke, but can't differentiate between average lower division footballers (julian Hails, Mark Hone, Junior Lewis, Ade Akinbiyi etc) and players with the class to step up a level. Its not the first time he's tried to build a defence around completely the wrong player - I'm still trying to blank out Keith Dublin's 'defending' from my memory.

The best thing I could say to a Palace fan is that if he takes you down, he knows how to get a team promoted from league one.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wardy @ Sep. 12 2006,13:03)]always felt he loved southend but after his celebration he will get booed with every touch at roots hall when palace come to town
Spot on......

Get what he deserves....

yes you are the only person he scored in the goal with the palace fans behind it but still run over in front of us to celebrate lets give him some stick when palace come to the hall

With Leon due back at the hall tomorrow what sort of reception will he get.

He was one of my fav players at the hall for a good few years but really let himself down by celebrating infront of us when he scored at Selhurst.

So will you boo or cheer his return.

I'm willing to forgive his idiocy at Selhurst Park. But if he sticks it to us again he goes in the bad books.

I don't think he did that much wrong.

He didn't do that much right but then he always did as a player. I don't believe this perceived bad feeling he has to the club, particularly given an interview he did with SOL a year or two ago.

None of the above!

I will ignore him. He isn't a Southend reject but nor is he a Southend legend. He was average and his contribution is a mere footnote in the history of Southend United.

I shall instead try and cheer the eleven players currently wearing Southend shirts, all of whom have represented the club at a higher level than Cort did and probably all of whom have achieved more success in a Southend shirt (champions and/or beating Man U).

I never rated him that much either...but then again I dont rate Peter Taylor as a good Manager either.

He's black, hes strong, he's c*ck's not very long Leon Cort, Leon Cort.

It could have been huge, but he was stupid in the summer.

He might not be a legend but he was the standout player in that team and stuck around in for a few years in spite of this.

Back