• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stan,

You are without a doubt a legend in 90% of our eyes, as has been stated football is opinionated, and some people just dont like certain players, its life!

I would love to see you back in football, I think the game is crying out for the good ol' days (not trying to make you sound old, but as you said yourself you have been out for 5 years), and players like yourself.

Lets see you pull on the blue shirt Stan, you know you want to, plus you would not get a crap number, the number 9 is free, as I am sure you have read on here/heard through the grape vine.

Please come back and help save us from the drop, you have done it before, do it again
biggrin.gif

All the best in whatever you do decide to do Stan, thank you for holding the club we hold so dear in our heart in yours as well!!

Shrimper2thecore

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper2thecore @ Oct. 17 2006,11:39)]plus you would not get a crap number, the number 9 is free, as I am sure you have read on here/heard through the grape vine.
that should swing it should he have had any doubts
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Angell Delight @ Oct. 17 2006,12:22)]As for Mike he really does have a lot of respect for you as proved by your telephone conversation a few years ago when he was singing your praises on here (along with everyone else) - in terms of Shankly/Best though yes they were here a lot longer but to say they were greater players to play for Southend United I really can't believe that and I DON'T have to see them play to make that decision, not in your case.
Foiled ...

Dear Stan,

Bit of a side issue but I met you in the fans park in Munich before the T&T game. You saw my mates in the loos before the England game and they said I was Southend and you said come over. I was part of "the flying pig" stag party

I helped you with your cannock flag and we had a few snaps taken (Which sadly I dont have as some German git nicked the camera).

Just wanted to say thanks for all your kinds words about the club and for inviting me to join you and your mates. Cant see many  premier ex players would ever have done that.

You really changed all my mates opinions of you that day and I just wanted to say your a top man and regardless of what you do or where you end up I whole hearted wish you the best.

Sorry if this sounds a bit hero worshipy but there you go,

All the best -  Dave

PS - If you get bored come to the pub section. I have started about 100 topics in there I am sure you could add your two pennies worth too.  
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southender @ Oct. 17 2006,12:28)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper2thecore @ Oct. 17 2006,11:39)]plus you would not get a crap number, the number 9 is free, as I am sure you have read on here/heard through the grape vine.
that should swing it should he have had any doubts
rock.gif
And if Stan changes his name to Ricketts by deed poll then we already have shirts ready for him, and the fans who had Ricketts printed wont have wasted their money.

Sounds like a clincher.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Oct. 17 2006,12:56)]PS - If you get bored come to the pub section. I have started about 100 topics in there I am sure you could add your two pennies worth too.  
laugh.gif
Would certainly make some of the posts even more interesting!!

laugh.gif

Stan,

If you really feel the need to get some match fitness then I suggest you come along to ShrimperZone FC where we can probably give you a runout on a sunday morning in Southend Sceptre League Divicion 6.

If you feel that might be too high a level for you, feel free to come training on a wednesday night at Boots & Laces and help our team find the back of the net on a more regular basis!

PM me if you're interested.

Dave

[b said:
Quote[/b] (blues_r_best @ Oct. 17 2006,13:07)]Stan, if you're looking to get some match fitness, you would be welcome at SZFC.

smile.gif
OMFG. Just imagine that. Bye bye Wooly and James.

laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Flying Scotsman @ Oct. 17 2006,13:12)]If you really feel the need to get some match fitness then I suggest you come along to ShrimperZone FC where we can probably give you a runout on a sunday morning in Southend Sceptre League Division 6.
biggrin.gif

How far do you want to take not changing a winning team??

[b said:
Quote[/b] (blues_r_best @ Oct. 17 2006,13:07)]Stan, if you're looking to get some match fitness, you would be welcome at SZFC.

smile.gif
You know it makes sense Stan. Bang in a few goals to get that confidence up
biggrin.gif

Stan,

I wasn't fortunate enough to see you in action for Southend United, but I've seen you play at Liverpool, Forest, Leicester and Bradford and are my all time footballing hero.

I would love to see you playing football for Southend United again, even if its only a short term thing with the intent of attracting interest from some of the bigger teams. I have no doubts in my mind that you could make a successful comeback at whichever level you come back at, but I really hope it is with us.

I go along to Roots Hall with my younger brother who idolises you, and 3 older mates who have witnessed you first hand at the Hall and we would all love you back.

Just imagine Freddy Eastwood and Stan Collymore up front for Southend United. Surely you'd like to play alongside such an emerging talent as Eastwood, and be able to guide him, similair to Goater did last season, to fullfil his potential and go on to play at the highest level. Something like that, you'd be able to take away from the game long after you retired, how you brought Eastwood along to the Premiership and beyond.

All the best mate, take care.

Mike

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Oct. 17 2006,10:30)]Stan, surely a short term agreement with SUFC would be a good way to show your intent to Premiership clubs understandably hesitant to sign you. You could do us a favour as well as a favour to yourself by proving you really are back by banging in the goals for the Mighty Shrimpers.

rock.gif
This has got to be the way forward.
Southend need a boost to get us going again and Stan needs to put himself in the shop window and prove to the world he is as good as ever.
Stan could call Tilly / RM, come to Southend and train with the team to improve his fitness, give Freddy some coaching on how to destroy defences single handed. Then when everyone agrees about fitness, Stan puts on the shirt, bangs in a few dozen goals and offers himself to the premiership. Southend stay up and sell load of Stan shirts, Stan gets a nice contract in the Prem and everybody is happy.

I was previously sceptic about a return as the reality very rarely lives up to the dream, but Stan's very positive posts have me converted

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Oct. 17 2006,13:08)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Oct. 17 2006,12:56)]PS - If you get bored come to the pub section. I have started about 100 topics in there I am sure you could add your two pennies worth too.  
laugh.gif
Would certainly make some of the posts even more interesting!!

laugh.gif
I thoroughly endorse the original sentiment.
biggrin.gif
Drag some of them back up, eh Dave?

To be honest fellas,ive decided aginst the premiership,and even SUFC.The thought of ousting Woolly and James is too good to miss out on but i'd need to be convinced that SZFC doesnt have any disruptive influences,and that in no way does Spanish Shrimper have a hand in team selection.If im to travel all the way down from God's promised land to darkest Essex on a Sunsay morning,i think you'll agree that i'm guaranteed a start,i captain the side,take free kicks,penalties and corners,and generally run the show from start to finish.Afterwards i want the VIP room at Tots(or it's modern day equal) for ale and sandwiches with the lads,or on my own(as fits with mythology),and then waved off down the a127 with oh Stanley Stanley(ad nauseum,literally) ringing loudly in my ears.oh,and i wont be turning up for training(no suprises there) either on tuesdays or thursdays,ok?

Deal or no deal?

Stan

[b said:
Quote[/b] (stan collymore @ Oct. 17 2006,13:46)]To be honest fellas,ive decided aginst the premiership,and even SUFC.The thought of ousting Woolly and James is too good to miss out on but i'd need to be convinced that SZFC doesnt have any disruptive influences,and that in no way does Spanish Shrimper have a hand in team selection.If im to travel all the way down from God's promised land to darkest Essex on a Sunsay morning,i think you'll agree that i'm guaranteed a start,i captain the side,take free kicks,penalties and corners,and generally run the show from start to finish.Afterwards i want the VIP room at Tots(or it's modern day equal) for ale and sandwiches with the lads,or on my own(as fits with mythology),and then waved off down the a127 with oh Stanley Stanley(ad nauseum,literally) ringing loudly in my ears.oh,and i wont be turning up for training(no suprises there) either on tuesdays or thursdays,ok?

Deal or no deal?

Stan
who is this **** taker?
biggrin.gif

Back