• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Collymore and Eastwood up front? That would have to be our best striking partnership (with all due respect to Neville Roach and Neil Campbell) since Collymore and Angell. Cue memories of Stanley marauding down the left crossing it in and there's Brettie to smash it home from all of 4 yards out. Ahhhh, magic and take that hamster scum.

I'm not going to comment on a potential return to Roots hall for Stan, for fear of turning myself into a gibbering teenager at a Take That concert. But I will say that wherever Stan turns up (with the exception of Wet Sham, Col Ewe or Franchise FC) - even SZFC - I'll be willing him to turn on the magic.

Oh Stanley, Stanley,
Stanley, Stanley, Stanley Collymore.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (stan collymore @ Oct. 17 2006,13:46)]i think you'll agree that i'm guaranteed a start,i captain the side,take free kicks,penalties and corners,and generally run the show from start to finish.
we already have one of those - called Kev

[b said:
Quote[/b] (stan collymore @ Oct. 17 2006,13:46)]To be honest fellas,ive decided aginst the premiership,and even SUFC.The thought of ousting Woolly and James is too good to miss out on but i'd need to be convinced that SZFC doesnt have any disruptive influences,and that in no way does Spanish Shrimper have a hand in team selection.If im to travel all the way down from God's promised land to darkest Essex on a Sunsay morning,i think you'll agree that i'm guaranteed a start,i captain the side,take free kicks,penalties and corners,and generally run the show from start to finish.Afterwards i want the VIP room at Tots(or it's modern day equal) for ale and sandwiches with the lads,or on my own(as fits with mythology),and then waved off down the a127 with oh Stanley Stanley(ad nauseum,literally) ringing loudly in my ears.oh,and i wont be turning up for training(no suprises there) either on tuesdays or thursdays,ok?

Deal or no deal?

Stan
Quality!

Colly and Wooly. Has a nice ring to it...

smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (stan collymore @ Oct. 17 2006,13:46)]If im to travel all the way down from God's promised land to darkest Essex on a Sunsay morning,i think you'll agree that i'm guaranteed a start,i captain the side,take free kicks,penalties and corners,and generally run the show from start to finish.Afterwards i want the VIP room at Tots(or it's modern day equal) for ale and sandwiches with the lads,or on my own(as fits with mythology),and then waved off down the a127 with oh Stanley Stanley(ad nauseum,literally) ringing loudly in my ears.oh,and i wont be turning up for training(no suprises there) either on tuesdays or thursdays,ok?

Deal or no deal?

Stan
You sound like Einstein.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Oct. 17 2006,09:11)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (stan collymore @ Oct. 17 2006,05:36)]Hi everyone,its been a long time!!! Nice to see that the Spanish shrimper is still a miserable tw&t,harking for the days of a Billy Best & Jimmy Shankley.As for the guys i chatted to a couple of years ago,i hope you are all well!
Stan, I am the very same "tw&t" you spoke to on the phone a couple of years ago ... with all due respect, my opinions (for that is what they are) did not extend to cheap jibes about your mental state. I merely queried whether a return would be right for the club.  As for Best and Shanks? Merely a comparison, my friend.
So Mike, how is it that you get to be the lucky one being called names by famous people!
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (stan collymore @ Oct. 17 2006,14:46)]... i'd need to be convinced that SZFC doesnt have any disruptive influences,and that in no way does Spanish Shrimper have a hand in team selection ...
I'm not Jurgen Klinsmann ...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andu @ Oct. 17 2006,14:58)]So Mike, how is it that you get to be the lucky one being called names by famous people!  
laugh.gif
It's not the first time ... Mark Lawrenson once called me a "to$$er" here in Javea just because I was encouraging his kid to be disruptive in this cocktail bar as revenge for calling Southend United a "two-bob club with no fans". I think Stan's more famous though so I'm honoured. I'm just getting a T-shirt done with "Stan The Man Thinks I'm A tw&t!" on the front and "He May Be Right!" on the back ...

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]This has got to be the way forward.
Southend need a boost to get us going again and Stan needs to put himself in the shop window and prove to the world he is as good as ever.
Stan could call Tilly / RM, come to Southend and train with the team to improve his fitness, give Freddy some coaching on how to destroy defences single handed. Then when everyone agrees about fitness, Stan puts on the shirt, bangs in a few dozen goals and offers himself to the premiership. Southend stay up and sell load of Stan shirts, Stan gets a nice contract in the Prem and everybody is happy.

I was previously sceptic about a return as the reality very rarely lives up to the dream, but Stan's very positive posts have me converted

I agree with Andu, I feel the same about this. I did'nt watch Stan play for Southend in 1992/93 season as I used to live in USA that time. I would loved it if you come back and play an part in helping Southend in the Championship. We need an goalscorer to take the burden off Freddy, you would be the answer to our problem as you used to play at this level before that would help alot.

Gary Speed and Teddy Sheringham has showen they can play at Premiership level as they keep themselve fit & avoid injurys as well, there is no reason my you can do it as well.

You deserve an 2nd chance at football, if you cannot get the chance to play for Southend, I hope you get a club in Premiership or Championship who will give you the chance to prove yourself & their fans should give you the support you need. Some players are not lucky to get an 2nd crack at playing football at whatever level, make sure you take your chance & we will be rooting for you to have an deserved success on the pitch. I don't think you are crazy to make an comeback, just go for it.

PS: Best of luck Stan, I saw the Suns last week when I saw the headline, the photo of you training in Tenerife, you look better & look fit as well, I really hope you can give Tilson an call if you need training.

Surely this is a no brainer!!

Stan needs a club! (once fit, can you be ready by Christmas Stan?)

We need a Striker who can run at defenders and shoot on target to play alongside Freddy!(or replace him if he goes)

Duhh!!!
tounge.gif
 What is the problem??? It will be like someone getting back together with their first love after years of trouble and divorce with others that just weren't right
love.gif

love.gif

We need to set up an "accidental" meeting with Ron, Tilly & Stan and lock them in a room until they get everything signed
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southender @ Oct. 17 2006,12:28)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper2thecore @ Oct. 17 2006,11:39)]plus you would not get a crap number, the number 9 is free, as I am sure you have read on here/heard through the grape vine.
that should swing it should he have had any doubts
rock.gif
Its called a joke, you should give it a go somethime  
tounge.gif

I am 26 and still have a massive poster of Stan up in my house.
Is that normal?
No, it probably isn't.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Oct. 17 2006,14:02)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andu @ Oct. 17 2006,14:58)]So Mike, how is it that you get to be the lucky one being called names by famous people!  
laugh.gif
It's not the first time ... Mark Lawrenson once called me a "to$$er" here in Javea just because I was encouraging his kid to be disruptive in this cocktail bar as revenge for calling Southend United a "two-bob club with no fans". I think Stan's more famous though so I'm honoured. I'm just getting a T-shirt done with "Stan The Man Thinks I'm A tw&t!" on the front and "He May Be Right!" on the back ...
Mike, I did say famous people, your just bigging Mark Lawrenson up to make you feel better!
cool.gif

Like the idea of the T-shirt, if he ever plays at Southend again you would have to fly to the UK and wear it for his first game!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (stan collymore @ Oct. 17 2006,13:46)]To be honest fellas,ive decided aginst the premiership,and even SUFC.The thought of ousting Woolly and James is too good to miss out on but i'd need to be convinced that SZFC doesnt have any disruptive influences,and that in no way does Spanish Shrimper have a hand in team selection.If im to travel all the way down from God's promised land to darkest Essex on a Sunsay morning,i think you'll agree that i'm guaranteed a start,i captain the side,take free kicks,penalties and corners,and generally run the show from start to finish.Afterwards i want the VIP room at Tots(or it's modern day equal) for ale and sandwiches with the lads,or on my own(as fits with mythology),and then waved off down the a127 with oh Stanley Stanley(ad nauseum,literally) ringing loudly in my ears.oh,and i wont be turning up for training(no suprises there) either on tuesdays or thursdays,ok?

Deal or no deal?

Stan
In the words of Noel Edmonds, there really is only one question!!

Reading the start of that though Stan, can I ask why you have decided against the prem? and more importantly us?

Does this mean you are ruling out England all together, as surely you do not see yourself in league 1, and surely you would not go to any other Championship clubs?

Where are you looking at?

Quick point Stan, surely you would love to partner Freddy?

Just imagine the goals you two could bang in, the boys at the back could carry on letting in 3 a game, and we would still win 4-3 with you two gods upfront!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper2thecore @ Oct. 17 2006,14:13)]
[b said:

Deal or no deal?

Stan

Reading the start of that though Stan, can I ask why you have decided against the prem?  and more importantly us?

Does this mean you are ruling out England all together, as surely you do not see yourself in league 1, and surely you would not go to any other Championship clubs?

Read it again. Unless Shrimperzone have moved abroad, he is staying in England.

[b said:

Deal or no deal?

Stan
Stan,

I am Statski aka Matt Driver, manager of SZFC, formerly of the SUFC 05/06 Championship winning squad now retired.

The thought of signing you for SZFC has got the camp in boyant mood, a few of the lads got the stan collymore collection on the box at lunch, reliving your spell at the hall.

The SZFC supporters would also love you to sign for us, I've been telling the supporters & football league that I would sign someone who would make the league sit up and take note, now I believe it can be done.

Our opening game of the season saw us attract a crowd of 400 over at Garon Park, with you joining the ranks you could put and few more on the gate which would then able us to Groundshare with SUFC when they move to Fossetts Farm. (I personally think they shall call it the SVC Arena)

We at present have a very promising young side but lack a bit of experience. Wooly and James are 2 strikers with a lot of potential but would benefit greatly playing alongside a seasoned pro like yourself.

I can confirm that we have no disruptive influences in our ranks, the last one who tried to kick up a stink we managed to ship off to Holland. Einstein is his name, he posts on here, his views are normally very right wing and cause lots of controversy.

After length discussions with my capt (Bambi) he is happy to stand down and let you take the armband. He grew up watching you from the terraces and would be honoured to learn from the master (even though he is a centre half), just make sure he doesnt venture too far forwards!!

I have spoken to my free kick and corner expert (Shrimpersarmy) and once again he is happy for you to take all corners and free kicks as long as he can stand next to you when you take them.

However I am disappointed that my penalty taker (The General) hasnt taken to our new potential signings requests and has refused to give up the penalties. I have therefore had no option but to put him on the transfer list. I wont have players like him trying to ruin my plans!! He's a loose cannon anyway.

Only problem with Sunday football Stan is that no clubs will be open after the game when it finishes at 12.25pm. I can however offer you the very nice upstairs room at the spread eagle where sandwiches and the finest essex ales will be available to you and any guests you wish to invite along.

With regards to your send off I can also confirm that ORM will drive you away from the game or pub in his luxury Subaru. He'll lord you up from here to kingdom come with his tales of watching you in your prime at the hall and of his nowadays hero Kevin Maher. Also he'll do doubt tell you about his love for Emma Bunton, you've probably met her before if you have ORM will be in his element.

I have picked ORM's car as its the fastest car at the club and will get you back to where you need to be in quick time.

I hope that I have addressed your requests adequately and look forward to opening discussions further

Kind Regards
Statski
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper2thecore @ Oct. 17 2006,14:13)]
[b said:

Deal or no deal?

Stan

Reading the start of that though Stan, can I ask why you have decided against the prem?  and more importantly us?

I think he was joking, mate...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (stan collymore @ Oct. 17 2006,13:46)]. . . that i'm guaranteed a start,i captain the side,take free kicks,penalties and corners,and generally run the show from start to finish
are you sure you're not Thierry Henry pretending to be Stan . . . . anyhow, i'd have either of you in my starting line-up

wink.gif

Al

Back