• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Good luck with the planning permission guys, it could be a very rocky road but I hope you win through in the end. I see some of you boys are taking a slight interest in our new stadium (yes I know its too small!), but if you would like to see how its coming along please see the link below to a site a couple of our young fans have set up to keep everyone up to date with the build.
Its very early days yet, but the stadium and their web site are coming along at a decent pace. I note one of your lads says you will be able to get away quickly from a game at the new stadium via the A12, unfortunately that is not scheduled to be built for several years yet so getting away from the stadium will be worse than Layer Road! There is no pub very near to the new facility and no supporters bar planned, so it will be posh corporate stuff, or a draughty (no pun intended) pint on the concourse areas :(

http://www.cuckoo-farm.co.nr/

Are the club going to stick with the name Cuckoo Farm?
It doesn't really conjure up an intimidating image like, say The Den or, er, Fossetts Farm, does it?

Can I endorse this. The Trust have not only attended as frequently as it can but also made a submission to the inspector. One thing was clear and that is he sees the community aspect of the ground as a central theme.He is impressed by people turning up and showing support. In fact he counted the exact number of fans on the first day. So what I am saying is that it will be noticed if there is a good turn out tomorrow. However the opposite is true. A couple of people will not look good. If you can - turn up. It really is important. Thanks.

Yep I think thats correct.

I was at the part where the trust 'presented' and the inspector pretty much steered the Trust guy into commenting on how much the club meant to the town as a whole rather than just Southend.

I took that to be a good sign.

Its very early days yet, but the stadium and their web site are coming along at a decent pace. http://www.cuckoo-farm.co.nr/

Yes its surprising how quick they go up once they start.

The good thing about Cuckoo farm is it sets a precedent for getting grounds agreed. With so many new stadium being built hopefully ours will too.

What, as in Uncle Ron is going to email individual people as a thank you or collate the ones that impressed him & send out a generic email much like tonight's one?

Don’t under estimate the passion Ron has for Blues supporters........he has personally e-mailed me twice this season and txt me from his Blackberry....this is not a Look at me I got an e-mail form Ron post, i just wanted to let it be known that he does take the time to respond to us supporters on a lone to one basis.....

Although I must agree Glasgow, i would imagine that it will be a generic "Thank you for your support" e-mail.

Are the club going to stick with the name Cuckoo Farm?
It doesn't really conjure up an intimidating image like, say The Den or, er, Fossetts Farm, does it?

Sorry for the delayed answer TS, I have only just come back to this thread.
No Cuckoo Farm is the original name of the farm that was on that part of the site, no name has been agreed for the new stadium yet, but it will almost certainly be named after a sponsor. Word is it may be named after the club owners company Jobserve, but of course if someone comes in with a big bid they will be relieved of their cash!
There are several big names interested in having their name on the stadium given its close proximity to the A12, but please not The Tesco (every little helps) stadium :D

No Cuckoo Farm is the original name of the farm that was on that part of the site, no name has been agreed for the new stadium yet, but it will almost certainly be named after a sponsor. Word is it may be named after the club owners company Jobserve, but of course if someone comes in with a big bid they will be relieved of their cash!
There are several big names interested in having their name on the stadium given its close proximity to the A12, but please not The Tesco (every little helps) stadium :D

nah that's gonna be Everton's new ground! :hilarious:

I can understand clubs using a sponsor's name to get the cash in though I think it helps if there is some continuity when sponsor changes, eg, up here Middlesbrough have always retained 'Riverside' somewhere in the name.
At the other extreme, I've driven past a sign to the Galpharm Stadium on the way over to the north west a couple times this season and wondered what it was, found out the other day its what Huddersfield's ground is now called.

To guys and gals who went to Clivic Centre today - How the Public Inquiry went? Any positive about and any chance the Inspector at Clivic Centre will give an favourable thumb up and give us the new stadium ..... its be horrible to think about it, if the plan get rejected. Another 2 and half month before we hear "YES" for new stadium.

At the other extreme, I've driven past a sign to the Galpharm Stadium on the way over to the north west a couple times this season and wondered what it was, found out the other day its what Huddersfield's ground is now called.

Galpharm are a pharmaceutical company. Before the Huddersfield stadium was called the McAlpine stadium (they built it I believe & it was part of the deal!)

To guys and gals who went to Clivic Centre today - How the Public Inquiry went? Any positive about and any chance the Inspector at Clivic Centre will give an favourable thumb up and give us the new stadium ..... its be horrible to think about it, if the plan get rejected. Another 2 and half month before we hear "YES" for new stadium.

Try the Fossetts Farm Forum? :rolleyes:

Report now up in the Fossetts section

Back