• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southminster_Shrimper

Sir Kevin Betsy Fan Club
Not been to Colewe before (well apart from the Zoo) so having read that no parking restrictions are put out quite late for side roads, is there plenty of industrial estate parking usually available for a fee?

Welcome back Gaz, been far too long an absence! Parking available at the Park & Ride across the A12 apparently, then just walk back over.

I hear there is only around 1000 spaces is that true?

Yep, according to ECC website info, there are 1000 spaces. We have about 8 or 9 coaches coming plus there will be those who travel from Colchester town or who park on the industrial estate anyway. I hope it will be fine. I wish we could pay in advance though, I reckon the queues at the machines will be horrendous as the kick off gets closer.

Parking will be fine - there is 1000 at the park and ride - another 600 at the stadium (sold out weeks ago) and another few hundred at various points around the industrial estate. Bear in mind that a lot of local fans still use the shuttle buses from near the train station up to the stadium. Entirely up to you lot but I would advise you to avoid parking on side of road etc as parking wardens seem to get dropped off to do a sweep just after kick-off the quicly bugger off leaving a trail of ticketed cars.

As it's Boxing day there will be less traffic around than normal but Junction 28 off the A12 can get fairly busy and given that the majority of your supporters will be coming by road & the generally high attendance I'd expect some delays getting into P&R/area in general.

OBL - not sure if the ticket machines will be in operation - generally on match day there has been some bloke standing at entrance taking cash off cars as they come in, that said I haven't used it for a couple of months so may have changed now (but that can also slow down flow of cars getting into car-park so may well be different for Boxing Day)

Plenty of fields nearby. Just gently shoo away the sheep with that haunted look on their faces......

I hear there is only around 1000 spaces is that true?

Yes "only" 1000 spaces but the club has nearly 700 (Although now sold out), there are hundreds more on the nearby industrial areas I mentioned on the tickets thread and 1350 at Colchester North railway station where you can park all day on a Saturday for £2.20 however you will either have a fairly lengthy walk up to the WHCS or you can catch shuttle buses to the ground just around the corner near BIG Yellow Storage.

Yep, according to ECC website info, there are 1000 spaces. We have about 8 or 9 coaches coming plus there will be those who travel from Colchester town or who park on the industrial estate anyway. I hope it will be fine. I wish we could pay in advance though, I reckon the queues at the machines will be horrendous as the kick off gets closer.

The secret is to arrive nice and early OBL I am trying to find out if there will be entertainment on that day if there is I will let everyone on here know. If they do put on the normal stuff it would be easy to while away an hour or so, having a drink/something to eat, listening to the band, having a chat with others, watching the televised game, killing a few Col U etc etc!

The secret is to arrive nice and early OBL I am trying to find out if there will be entertainment on that day if there is I will let everyone on here know. If they do put on the normal stuff it would be easy to while away an hour or so, having a drink/something to eat, listening to the band, having a chat with others, watching the televised game, killing a few Col U etc etc!

As I understand in Colchester's most famous son is dusting off his banjo....

banjoboy.gif

I'll stop now. :smile:

CaP and NEWS, why don't you just accept the inevitable and cross over to the dark side which is SUFC permanently? After an initial trial period as a Shrimper you would be entitled to all the numerous benefits such as Col U baiting............er hang on, that won't work will it, because if you cross over there will be nobody left to take the **** out off. Forget it!!!!

CaP and NEWS, why don't you just accept the inevitable and cross over to the dark side which is SUFC permanently? After an initial trial period as a Shrimper you would be entitled to all the numerous benefits such as Col U baiting............er hang on, that won't work will it, because if you cross over there will be nobody left to take the **** out off. Forget it!!!!

That will never happen I'm afraid - I'm stuck with supporting Col U now - it's bloody painful most of the time - in my time following I've seen us relegated to the conference from Division 4, then promoted back into League 2, back to League 1, breif stint in Championship and now flirting with relegated again for the last few seasons - it may be a poorly supported small club with no realistic prospects of winning anything but it's my club and I would rather suffer than pretending to support a Premier League team (by watching games on Sky Sports) - hell, I'd rather even support you lot than be a plastic prem fan!! (god that makes me feel a bit sick even thinking of it)

That will never happen I'm afraid - I'm stuck with supporting Col U now - it's bloody painful most of the time - in my time following I've seen us relegated to the conference from Division 4, then promoted back into League 2, back to League 1, breif stint in Championship and now flirting with relegated again for the last few seasons - it may be a poorly supported small club with no realistic prospects of winning anything but it's my club and I would rather suffer than pretending to support a Premier League team (by watching games on Sky Sports) - hell, I'd rather even support you lot than be a plastic prem fan!! (god that makes me feel a bit sick even thinking of it)

Respect to you :thumbsup:

Got to agree with most of that - you sound just like most of us (except with more digits!) :winking:

Parking will be fine - there is 1000 at the park and ride - another 600 at the stadium (sold out weeks ago)

Note to Ron Martin. This illustrates 803 (or however many it is) spaces will be nowhere near enough for a 21,000 stadium - especially without the benefit of 1,000 more spaces at a nearby park and walk.

Note to Ron Martin. This illustrates 803 (or however many it is) spaces will be nowhere near enough for a 21,000 stadium - especially without the benefit of 1,000 more spaces at a nearby park and walk.

I don't think there is much/if anything he can do about it to be honest - can't remember the exact details but the amount of car-park spaces permitted at a new stadium is fixed based on a seats to space ratio so even if there were space/money availabe to provide more spaces you couldn't (unless those restrictions have been changed in the last few years of course)

I beleive it was intended to ensure clubs promote the use of public transport which in turns is then linked to local planning views on impact on infrastructre/congestion etc.

Back