• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

united we stand

Life President⭐
Planning Application extention+ Changes to plans /council meeting report 26 Jan 2012

I couldn't see this mentioned anywhere else, I can't remember now exactly where we are and whether this was expected /old news or what , so apologies if old/non news

Andrew Meddle Head of Planning and Transport
Our ref:
Telephone:
01702 215004 ext 5326
Your ref:
Fax:
01702 215672
Date:
27th January 2012
E-mail:
planningregistrationteam@southend.gov.uk
Contact Name:
Charlotte Galforg
DX 2812 Southend

NOTIFICATION OF DEVELOPMENT CONTROL COMMITTEE DATE

APPLICATION 11/00538/EXTM

Part Of Fossetts Farm And SUFC Training Ground Eastern Avenue Southend-On-Sea Essex SS2 4DU

Demolish Nightclub And Training Facilities; Erect 22, 000 Seat Football Stadium Including 114 Bedroom Hotel, Conference Floorspace, Players Hostel, Food And Drink Concessions, Bars And Other Ancillary Facilities; erect 67 flats with basement parking, erect retail units (Class A1) totalling 16,400 sq metres of floorspace of which at least 20% shall be restricted to bulky/DIY goods, erect restaurant (Class A3) comprising 279 sq metres of floorspace, erect health club (Class D2) totalling 3205 sq metres of floorspace, lay out parking and cycle spaces and associated landscaping and form vehicular accesses onto Eastern Avenue and Fossetts Farm Link Road (application to extend the time limit for implementation following planning permission 06/01300/FULM granted 30/06/2008)

You recently wrote and expressed an interest about this planning application.

I am now writing to inform you that the application will be considered at the meeting of the Development Control Committee on 31st January 2012 at 2pm.

I couldn't see this mentioned anywhere else, I can't remember now exactly where we are and whether this was expected /old news or what , so apologies if old/non news

Andrew Meddle Head of Planning and Transport
Our ref:
Telephone:
01702 215004 ext 5326
Your ref:
Fax:
01702 215672
Date:
27th January 2012
E-mail:
planningregistrationteam@southend.gov.uk
Contact Name:
Charlotte Galforg
DX 2812 Southend

NOTIFICATION OF DEVELOPMENT CONTROL COMMITTEE DATE

APPLICATION 11/00538/EXTM

Part Of Fossetts Farm And SUFC Training Ground Eastern Avenue Southend-On-Sea Essex SS2 4DU

Demolish Nightclub And Training Facilities; Erect 22, 000 Seat Football Stadium Including 114 Bedroom Hotel, Conference Floorspace, Players Hostel, Food And Drink Concessions, Bars And Other Ancillary Facilities; erect 67 flats with basement parking, erect retail units (Class A1) totalling 16,400 sq metres of floorspace of which at least 20% shall be restricted to bulky/DIY goods, erect restaurant (Class A3) comprising 279 sq metres of floorspace, erect health club (Class D2) totalling 3205 sq metres of floorspace, lay out parking and cycle spaces and associated landscaping and form vehicular accesses onto Eastern Avenue and Fossetts Farm Link Road (application to extend the time limit for implementation following planning permission 06/01300/FULM granted 30/06/2008)

You recently wrote and expressed an interest about this planning application.

I am now writing to inform you that the application will be considered at the meeting of the Development Control Committee on 31st January 2012 at 2pm.

Good stuff united we stand, have been wondering about the stadium, all the info recently has been about the roots hall development. As I understand it the extension would be for another 3 years, surely the first brick should have been laid by then:unsure:

This is good news.

It means SUFC have got their *** in gear and have finally submitted all the required info re: changes to retail units, landscaping etc etc.

I believe there was a meeting yesterday re: Prospects CPO as well.

So moving in the right direction at last, after grounding somewhat to a halt.

All

I think this is actually a much bigger deal, I have looked at the Council website and have found a very interesting/long/IMPORTANT document from a meeting that took place yesterday. Only I can't navigate back to it !!!!
I have saved to a word document. is there someway to laod this up here, or can I email to someone who can do it . There are 14 pages so I don't really want to cut/paste

There is mention to CPO's , Peospects, Sainsburys invovlement which I believe is all new news . There a re a lot of attachemnts that I can't get to as I don't know where I was ......AHHHHHHHHH. I need to actually get back to some work now so can not read all now.
Can someone change the title of the thread, as it appears not just to be an extention now - I have no idea how to do it
front page of report below.

[h=1]
Agenda
Item No.

Southend-on-Sea Borough Council[/h]

[h=2]Report of Corporate Director of Support Services[/h]

to

[h=6]CABINET[/h]

on

26[SUP]th[/SUP] January 2012

Report prepared by:
Alan Richards – Group Manager Asset Management
John Williams – Head of Legal and Democratic Services

[h=2]Southend United Football Club[/h][h=2]Variations to the agreed land transaction terms at Roots Hall
and Fossetts Farm and revised Compulsory Purchase Order Authorities
[/h]
[h=3]Economic and Environmental Scrutiny Committee[/h][h=3]Executive Councillor: Councillors J. Lamb and A. Moring[/h]
[h=4]A Part 1 Public Agenda Item (Save for Part 2 Appendices 1-3)[/h]

1. Purpose of Report To report on requests by Ron Martin, Chairman of Southend United Football Club and Roots Hall Limited, in connection with the Club’s relocation proposals. These requests are for the Council to: § Agree the disposal of Council land forming part of the development site at Roots Hall (“the Roots Hall Site”) pursuant to the revised commercial Heads of Terms attached to this report. These Heads of Terms reflect the direct involvement of Sainsbury Superstore Limited (“Sainsbury’s”) and resultant changes to the proposed development and funding arrangements; § Agree the disposal of Council land forming part of the development site at Fossetts Farm (“the Fossetts FarmP Site”) pursuant to the revised commercial Heads of Terms attached to this report, to reflect changes in the proposed development and funding arrangements. Again these Heads of Terms reflect the direct involvement of Sainsbury’s and resultant changes to the proposed development and funding arrangements;

§ Pass new resolutions to use compulsory powers under Section 226 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990 to: (a) Acquire all land forming part of the Roots Hall Site not in the ownership of the Council, Roots Hall Limited or Sainsbury’s necessary to facilitate the development of the area; and

This is good news.

It means SUFC have got their *** in gear and have finally submitted all the required info re: changes to retail units, landscaping etc etc.

I believe there was a meeting yesterday re: Prospects CPO as well.

So moving in the right direction at last, after grounding somewhat to a halt.

yes there was a meeting yesterday, re your two points,
'It is understood that further amendments to the proposed development are in the pipeline and these will be the subject of a fresh planning application'

but it does look like we are asking for a CPO for ProspectsRevised Compulsory Purchase Orders 5.1 Roots Hall 5.1.1 As explained in 3.1 above, the Council has already resolved to use its compulsory purchase powers to facilitate the development of the Roots Hall Site. However, this authority did not extend to the Prospects Site fronting Fairfax Drive which was at that time the subject of an Option to Purchase Agreement between Roots Hall Limited and Prospects. The CPO has not yet been made, although preliminary steps have been taken. 5.1.2 Ron Martin has confirmed to the Council that: § The Option to Purchase Agreement has since expired and was terminated. At the present time Roots Hall Limited / Sainsbury’s have been unable to secure a further option from Prospects; § Sainsbury’s are not in a position to purchase the Prospects Site immediately, as the purchase needs to proceed in tandem with the rest of the scheme and so they require a fresh option; § This impasse represents a significant risk to the delivery of the development of the Roots Hall Site and also the development of the Fossetts Farm Site, since the two schemes are inextricably linked. 5.1.3 Accordingly Ron Martin has requested that the Council resolve to make a fresh CPO extending to all land forming part of the Roots Hall Site not in the ownership of the Council, Roots Hall Limited or Sainsbury’s (as shown hatched black on the plan at Appendix 4) necessary to facilitate the development of the area, subject to Roots Hall Limited and Sainsbury’s indemnifying the Council in full in respect of all the costs and compensation involved. They have supplied advice from a leading QC to confirm that this is a reasonable approach in the circumstances and that the CPO should therefore be successful.

'

Report to SBC Cabinet - Thursday 26th January

A thread has been started over on "chit chat" but I think this is a more appropriate home for it.

A link to the report in question is here:

http://minutes.southend.gov.uk/akssouthend/images/att20606.doc

There are also two plans appended:

http://minutes.southend.gov.uk/akssouthend/images/att20607.pdf

http://minutes.southend.gov.uk/akssouthend/images/att20609.pdf

I have had a brief look through - brief highlights as follows:

On the 24th June 2011 the Council granted outline planning permission for the redevelopment of the Roots Hall Site for a superstore, associated filling station and residential development (SOS/07/01111/OUT). A S.106 Agreement was completed immediately prior to the issue of the planning permission and requires, amongst other things, that the demolition of the existing stadium be linked to the prior completion of the north, south and west stands and the provision of a minimum of 13,663 and a maximum of 14,221 seats at the new stadium at Fossetts Farm.

An application for approval of reserved matters was submitted on 9th November 2011 (SOS/01540/RESM), but remains to be determined. A separate full application to replace St Mary’s Court has also been submitted and remains to be determined (SOS/11/01548/FUL).

An application to extend for the life of the permission remains to be determined (SOS/11/00538/EXTM).

An application for a revised form of stadium with 3 sides and a more extensive retail element remains to be determined (SOS/11/00965/FULM). However as its meeting on 25th May 2011 the Development Control Committee did agree the variation of the 2007 S.106 Agreement so that key milestones (including the opening of the retail units) be linked to the prior completion of the north, south and east stands and the provision of a minimum of 13,663 and a maximum of 14,221 seats in the new stadium. This variation has not yet been formalised.

It is understood that further amendments to the proposed development are in the pipeline and these will be the subject of a fresh planning application.

Negotiations have been ongoing between Roots Hall Limited and Sainsbury’s in respect of both sites, since Sainsbury’s are not only building the superstore on the Roots Hall Site, but also acting as joint employer for the building contract for constructing the New Stadium on the Fossetts Farm Site. Sainsbury’s is also very heavily involved in the funding of the developments on both the Roots Hall and Fossetts Farm Sites.

Also, the commercial arrangements in respect of the proposed development at Fossetts Farm have progressed.

Revised terms for the Roots Hall and Fossetts Farm Sites have now been negotiated

The revised Heads of Terms include conditions which are considered to be of critical importance so as to ensure that:

• The New Stadium is built before the existing stadium is touched; and

• There is no retail development on either the Roots Hall or Fossetts Farm Sites without a completed stadium.

These safeguards are in addition to the strong controls in the S.106 Agreements referred to in 3.3 and 3.4 above.

Relevant provisions in the S.106 Agreements will be replicated in the sale contracts and the Heads of Terms provide for this.

Most importantly, before any Council land is transferred, Roots Hall Limited and Sainsbury’s must have entered into a building contract for the new stadium and also covenanted with the Council to ensure the delivery of that building contract.

...the Council has already resolved to use its compulsory purchase powers to facilitate the development of the Roots Hall Site. However, this authority did not extend to the Prospects Site fronting Fairfax Drive which was at that time the subject of an Option to Purchase Agreement between Roots Hall Limited and Prospects. The CPO has not yet been made, although preliminary steps have been taken.

5.1.2 Ron Martin has confirmed to the Council that:

• The Option to Purchase Agreement has since expired and was terminated. At the present time Roots Hall Limited / Sainsbury’s have been unable to secure a further option from Prospects;

• Sainsbury’s are not in a position to purchase the Prospects Site immediately, as the purchase needs to proceed in tandem with the rest of the scheme and so they require a fresh option;

• This impasse represents a significant risk to the delivery of the development of the Roots Hall Site and also the development of the Fossetts Farm Site, since the two schemes are inextricably linked....

....5.1.6 It is still hoped that terms will be agreed with all land owners without the need for the Council to actually make a CPO. However to demonstrate its strong support for the development proposals and particularly to assist Southend United to relocate to a new Stadium on the Fossetts Farm Site, it is recommended that the Council agrees to the request.

5.2.1 Ron Martin has also requested that the Council resolve to make a CPO extending to that part of the Fossetts Farm Site not in the ownership of the Council or Roots Hall Limited (shown hatched black on the plan at Appendix 5) necessary to facilitate the development of the area

So the land deals are not yet complete, we already knew about Prospects, but 3 shops on Victoria Ave are still holding out too.

Some sneaky person has also retained a ransom strip around the edge of the training ground site too!

We also learn that there are to be further amendments to the plan (yawn!)

For those of us that dont really undertsand planning jargon can someone put this in leman terms

For those of us that dont really undertsand planning jargon can someone put this in leman terms

Have extracted what I believe to be the important points and my opinions over on a new thread on the finances and fossetts farm section, which seems to be a more appropriate home for it.

The strip of land at FF is by the entrance to B&L i believe and is owned by the council (i think but am nowhere near certain)

anyway all this adds fuel as to why Brady never turned up the other night, if asked about progress on FF he'd have to lie and wouldn't have been comfortable doing so ??

We are as far away from a new ground as we've ever been i think .. we are screwed :sad:

^^^^^^^ what he said! Even if the council approve the proposals when they meet then we are still potentially months away from getting these deals done and getting on with the building.

i just cant help but feel we will be having another application extension thread in 2016 ffs

In the promotion match at Stockport in 1987 they had a little piece about our new stadium in Aviation Way and how it was unlikely we'd still be at RH come the end of the decade ...

forward wind 25 years and :tumbleweed:

I was told that they hoped to be having all 4 sides built before it opened. I guess this covers them in case we never get a 4th stand.Not only that it seems we are no further forward in planning than we were years ago....revise this, revise that...it is like "The Never Ending Story".

Still so much to go back to the council about and surely the building contractors will have to do a fresh tender as that must run out soon.

One minute it is the council holding up things then it is the club, now we seem to have all manner of fresh problems to overcome:dizzy:

In slightly brighter news:

"• There is no retail development on either the Roots Hall or Fossetts Farm Sites without a completed stadium."

My reading of that is that we're not likely to be playing in a three-sided ground for long. Or does three sides count as "completed"?

Back