• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Poor display - Just Going Thru' The Motions!

baddowblue

Today I watched a poor Southend tean just going thru' the motions. They had no enthusiasm for the game and even after going a goal down there was no change in their approach. They played a MK Dons team set up not to loose and if possible try and get something on a set piece or a lucky break - we gave them the match on a plate. The Dons missed an open goal in the first half and scored twice in the second half - these were their only chances! We should have been 2 or 3 nil up before they scored but we were not ruthless in front of goal (I must admit their keeper dd make some good saves) - the whole team were lethargic and had no idea how to break down the opposition!! My main moan is for Scannel and Moussa - they wondered about the pitch like lost souls - they were just not interested and did not offer us any width. Is this what we are going to watch until the end of the season - a team safe from relegation just going thru' the motions? MK Dons did not win that game today, we most definitely lost it with a pathetic display - they need a kick up the backside Tilly!!!

Today I watched a poor Southend tean just going thru' the motions. They had no enthusiasm for the game and even after going a goal down there was no change in their approach. They played a MK Dons team set up not to loose and if possible try and get something on a set piece or a lucky break - we gave them the match on a plate. The Dons missed an open goal in the first half and scored twice in the second half - these were their only chances! We should have been 2 or 3 nil up before they scored but we were not ruthless in front of goal (I must admit their keeper dd make some good saves) - the whole team were lethargic and had no idea how to break down the opposition!! My main moan is for Scannel and Moussa - they wondered about the pitch like lost souls - they were just not interested and did not offer us any width. Is this what we are going to watch until the end of the season - a team safe from relegation just going thru' the motions? MK Dons did not win that game today, we most definitely lost it with a pathetic display - they need a kick up the backside Tilly!!!

What game were you watching ?!?!

My take was that Barney and Theo were poor. As you say we sould have been 2 up early on and in the second half we missed seemingly simple chances. MK didn't. Just one of those days. Oh and I thought Scannell was good - great skills; still a way to go though.

I can count at least 9 solid chances we had today.

I don't think we were going through the motions at all, we battled hard against a very well organised team and were unfortunate not to come out with at least a point.

Don't agree at all - they wanted it, but the tactics employed by MK were very good in that they stifled Theo and Barney. Any time a ball was pumped forward they either had 4 men closing down on them or they were caught offside.

Don't agree at all - they wanted it, but the tactics employed by MK were very good in that they stifled Theo and Barney. Any time a ball was pumped forward they either had 4 men closing down on them or they were caught offside.

I agree entirely with this. I didn't think we got the ball through anywhere near enough times for Barney and Theo to work with and that was due to their solid back for as much as it was our lack of creativity. We had very few moments when you could say either of our strikers were within range and, too often, they were caught offside. Still, not too bad a performance all in all and I thought that if we got the first goal, we would probably go on to win. Unfortunately that didn't happen and we were always liable to conceding a second as we had to push for the win.

Total bollocks! Maybe after the first goal went in their heads dropped, but we outplayed MK until they scored! that could be understood as they realised that their season was probably over if we didn't score twice!

A totally undeserved defeat

! A totally undeserved defeat[/QUOTE said:
How do you work that out?...If it was a lucky 1-0 perhaps you could claim that but it turned out a comfortable 2-0 victory to them. I'd say totally deserved!

Support your local tam - Chelmsford, assuming they let in blind people.

How do you work that out?...If it was a lucky 1-0 perhaps you could claim that but it turned out a comfortable 2-0 victory to them. I'd say totally deserved!

Thats crap! The scored with a breakaway goal in injury time because we were chasing a goal. WE HAD NO DEFENDERS WHEN THEY SCORED THEIR 2ND GOAL IN THE 92ND MINUTE!!

We should have had a few goals before they scored. If Stevie Wonder the ref had seen the obvious penalty, we would have been 1-0 up & they would have had 10 men!! A big costly mistake!

Never mind it's all history now. Look ahead and if Southampton dont fold up next season we could have 3 good away day fixtures at Charlton, Norwich and the Saints to look forward to. A couple of months back with all the doom and gloom being radiated on here, a lot of fans were expecting to go to Accrington, Morecambe and Shrewsbury.

Thats crap! The scored with a breakaway goal in injury time because we were chasing a goal. WE HAD NO DEFENDERS WHEN THEY SCORED THEIR 2ND GOAL IN THE 92ND MINUTE!!

We should have had a few goals before they scored. If Stevie Wonder the ref had seen the obvious penalty, we would have been 1-0 up & they would have had 10 men!! A big costly mistake!

We should have your right.....but we did'nt as we are a p1ss p00r attacking force. Over 94 mins they got 2 goals we got zero. We deserved what we got. As did they.

We should have your right.....but we did'nt as we are a p1ss p00r attacking force. Over 94 mins they got 2 goals we got zero. We deserved what we got. As did they.

What would have happened if the ref had seen the penalty & sent their keeper off at 0-0. Our attack looks fairly blunt & I think that Theo & one other should be aour preferred choice. I don't think Barny is the player he was before being injured & Dougie & Laurent are off the pace a bit, but eventually a better choice than Barny

What would have happened if the ref had seen the penalty & sent their keeper off at 0-0. Our attack looks fairly blunt & I think that Theo & one other should be aour preferred choice. I don't think Barny is the player he was before being injured & Dougie & Laurent are off the pace a bit, but eventually a better choice than Barny

Sorry can't agree with you there Big Shrimp - Barney is our top goal scorer and has scored some vital goals in the 2nd half of the season - was off his game a bit today but service to him was'nt the best and was unlucky not to score - in my opinion.

Sorry can't agree with you there Big Shrimp - Barney is our top goal scorer and has scored some vital goals in the 2nd half of the season - was off his game a bit today but service to him was'nt the best and was unlucky not to score - in my opinion.

Unlucky not to score?....Dont think it was bad luck just a bad shot.

Maybe - depends where you were looking from I guess - however, if it was a bad shot it was'nt as bad as Laurent's glaring miss for what should have been the equaliser!

Your pushing an open door here! i think the're all cr@p!

I struggle to comprehend how any of our fans can get worked up about the performance this afternoon. Maybe I was at a different game, but I thought we created so many chances today, that we could have won 3 games, let alone one!

The performance, given how good MK Dons were, was exceptional. I don't think any of the players could come off that pitch today and have done more. Yes, there was some wayward finishing, and that was the reason we lost, but the margin of error we're working in at the moment is almost zero. The players know that, no matter how much Tilly tries to eleviate the pressure, and it showed.

If we had scored first today, then I fancy we'd have gone on to win, and quite handsomely, but it wasn't to be - it happens, but I don't see how any right minded fan can criticise the team today, I thought they did everything they could, and it was just one of those days.

Back