• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Poor display - Just Going Thru' The Motions!

I struggle to comprehend how any of our fans can get worked up about the performance this afternoon. Maybe I was at a different game, but I thought we created so many chances today, that we could have won 3 games, let alone one!

The performance, given how good MK Dons were, was exceptional. I don't think any of the players could come off that pitch today and have done more. Yes, there was some wayward finishing, and that was the reason we lost, but the margin of error we're working in at the moment is almost zero. The players know that, no matter how much Tilly tries to eleviate the pressure, and it showed.

If we had scored first today, then I fancy we'd have gone on to win, and quite handsomely, but it wasn't to be - it happens, but I don't see how any right minded fan can criticise the team today, I thought they did everything they could, and it was just one of those days.

:clap::clap::clap:

I 2nd that. I am getting to the point of not bothering to read this board whenever we lose a game.

We were very unlucky today, and maybe did not have the rub of the green that we have had over the past few weeks.

With Scunny losing tonight its still possible to keep the season going for another couple of games at least.

I struggle to comprehend how any of our fans can get worked up about the performance this afternoon. Maybe I was at a different game, but I thought we created so many chances today, that we could have won 3 games, let alone one!

The performance, given how good MK Dons were, was exceptional. I don't think any of the players could come off that pitch today and have done more. Yes, there was some wayward finishing, and that was the reason we lost, but the margin of error we're working in at the moment is almost zero. The players know that, no matter how much Tilly tries to eleviate the pressure, and it showed.

If we had scored first today, then I fancy we'd have gone on to win, and quite handsomely, but it wasn't to be - it happens, but I don't see how any right minded fan can criticise the team today, I thought they did everything they could, and it was just one of those days.

But by the same token if my auntie had balls she'd be my uncle or If my numbers had come up in the lottery wednesday night i'd be a millionaire. Lifes full of what-ifs and as you get older and grumpier you realise they mean nothing. The fact of the matter is that we have an appalling goal difference and that is no fluke. If you really cant see how any 'right minded fan' can critisise the team tonight then i fear your recent mauling at the hands of the 'glass half full' gang may have turned you into a conforming wimp!
They may have done everything they could but if that is so it only highlights thier limited collective ability.

Last edited:
But by the same token if my auntie had balls she'd be my uncle or If my numbers had come up in the lottery wednesday night i'd be a millionaire. Lifes full of what-ifs and as you get older and grumpier you realise they mean nothing. The fact of the matter is that we have an appalling goal difference and that is no fluke. If you really cant see how any 'right minded fan' can critisise the team tonight then i fear your recent mauling at the hands of the 'glass half full' gang may have turned you into a conforming wimp!
They may have done everything they could but if that is so it only highlights thier limited collective ability.

LoL..... You ought to know me better than to suggest I would conform to the opinions of the masses, just in order to boost my appeal..... We almost always agree on everything on this board, and I suspect that will continue. I quite agree, the older you get, the grumpier you become - Just ask my missus!!

The point I was trying to make is, the team have done incredibly well to even be in with a sniff of the players, when IMO, they have limited ability. I think this is one of the weakest teams we have had under Tilly, but it speaks volumes for both him, and the determination of them, that we went on a run of 11 wins in 14 games. MK Dons are a classy outfit, with bigger resources, and a team displaying all the flair that DiMatteo showed in his playing days - we were a match for them - over the 90 minutes, I'd say more than a match, we were the better team, but it just didn't happen.

There were a lot of things wrong around Christmas with this team, and if you consider that we were on the brink of a relegation battle, one in which I thought we may lose, and we are now, still, however slim a possibility it may be, on the brink of a play off battle. Surely you can't ask for much more than that?

If yesterday had been a continuing theme of us losing games, then yes, I'd agree that there was something inherently wrong, but to take that game ocmpletely out of context with how well we've been doing is wrong IMO.

Last edited:
LoL..... You ought to know me better than to suggest I would conform to the opinions of the masses, just in order to boost my appeal..... We almost always agree on everything on this board, and I suspect that will continue. I quite agree, the older you get, the grumpier you become - Just ask my missus!!

The point I was trying to make is, the team have done incredibly well to even be in with a sniff of the players, when IMO, they have limited ability. I think this is one of the weakest teams we have had under Tilly, but it speaks volumes for both him, and the determination of them, that we went on a run of 11 wins in 14 games. MK Dons are a classy outfit, with bigger resources, and a team displaying all the flair that DiMatteo showed in his playing days - we were a match for them - over the 90 minutes, I'd say more than a match, we were the better team, but it just didn't happen.

There were a lot of things wrong around Christmas with this team, and if you consider that we were on the brink of a relegation battle, one in which I thought we may lose, and we are now, still, however slim a possibility it may be, on the brink of a play off battle. Surely you can't ask for much more than that?

If yesterday had been a continuing theme of us losing games, then yes, I'd agree that there was something inherently wrong, but to take that game ocmpletely out of context with how well we've been doing is wrong IMO.

But wasnt it tilly who prior to the game coined the phrase 'a team is only as good as thier last result' ? or words to that effect. Listen, im not questioning the the achievement of the team over the past few of months. However, the fact still remains we have an appalling goal record both ends of the dance field. The defence has been shored up magnificently due to the canny loan signing of dorian but that particular relationship is on its last legs as we well know. Our attack whilst showing signs of improvement with another loanee, is still pretty infertile and that relationship is about to end also! My frustration isnt aimed at the undoubted effort of what is, bar 1 or 2, a fairly average bunch of lower league players but at the way in which our once creative and exciting team has been allowed to metamorphosise into just that. Perhaps i need a drink! I'm going to fill my glass up to halfway and hope everything will seem better ;)

Last edited:

Without doubt, Richard, poster of the year, pleasure to read, honest and not like most on here rose tinted and lying to themselves!

A very rational and considered response. Like you say, a tribute to Tilly for the results he's achieving with the resources available.

Without doubt, Richard, poster of the year, pleasure to read, honest and not like most on here rose tinted and lying to themselves!

For once wiggy I agree with you about people on here lying to themselves. Do you know in the last 18 months i've read on here Bailey can't pass, Stimson should replace tilson, we are going down in 7/8, mildenhall can't play in goal, we are going down in 8/9. How deluded can people be?:)

Back