• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Would you be willing in principle to donate?

• Total voters
Even with money being tight at the moment, I could spare a £10 a month towards the Club, but like already mentioned unless there is a lot of people doing it it wont be a lot of good.

Why doesn't he raise another Share scheme - to pay for "new players"... av' a word.

A statement from the Trust can be found by clicking here.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

In light of today's outcome I think that the important thing looking forward is that there is good, open communication on this between the club, the Trust and the fans. We know that the club monitor this board and I would certainly be interested in speaking to somebody over my concerns. I apologise if that sounds terribly self-important but obviously others have been contacted in the past.

I don't know what kind of a position the Trust would hypothetically be in to help over the tax situation, or what you would be willing or able to disclose about the fighting fund. My main concern is that if there is any danger whatsoever of the club not meeting its obligations under the Time To Pay agreement, we are given fair warning and an opportunity to work with the Trust to keep our club out of administration. I have been a vocal supporter of Ron in the past, and I remain willing to allow him the opportunity to make good on his assurances now. I would simply feel more comfortable for the assurance that he would not be too proud to ask for help if it was needed.

there is no need for us to give club money we have 8,000 people buying match/season tickets every game ( alot more than other clubs in our league), big tranfer revenue coming in (did u know we sold that youth team player to Everton last year for 600k), merchandise, shareholders money.
And who is in charge of this money?

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone got any rough estimates of how much the club received from re-newed season tickets(and new ones) between mid April and mid June?. Surely we would have brought in enough cash to pay any outstanding bills with enough left for the weekly running of the club until the season starts?. If we have 4,000 STH then 4,000 people would still be paying at the turnstiles each game, which is more than what we had a few years ago for our total attendance.

after this last couple of weeks, i have actually been struggling to sleep with worry over the state of the club, and the very real threat of not having a club, sounds crazy I know, I know the majority think im a nob, and I think you all probably know I could give a fek, but im southend 100% and the thought of getting up in the football seaosn and not having a club to support or put my name to scares the fek out of me, one of the gretaest things I have to look forward to is taking oscar up and down the country to football and treating him and sharing my passion as my dad did to me, I would do anything for this club I support and trying to put it into pesective is probably more of a friend that has always been there for me through the good times and the bad than many of my friends in human form, in short my heart would do ahything i could possibly do to keep this club I love afloat, earn fek all nowa days but would still give them my last £50 if it meant many more years of enjoyment and heartache it has done in the past

there is no need for us to give club money we have 8,000 people buying match/season tickets every game ( alot more than other clubs in our league), big tranfer revenue coming in (did u know we sold that youth team player to Everton last year for 600k), merchandise, shareholders money.

Just curious as to your source on this particular bit of info?

after this last couple of weeks, i have actually been struggling to sleep with worry over the state of the club, and the very real threat of not having a club, sounds crazy I know, I know the majority think im a nob, and I think you all probably know I could give a fek, but im southend 100% and the thought of getting up in the football seaosn and not having a club to support or put my name to scares the fek out of me, one of the gretaest things I have to look forward to is taking oscar up and down the country to football and treating him and sharing my passion as my dad did to me, I would do anything for this club I support and trying to put it into pesective is probably more of a friend that has always been there for me through the good times and the bad than many of my friends in human form, in short my heart would do ahything i could possibly do to keep this club I love afloat, earn fek all nowa days but would still give them my last £50 if it meant many more years of enjoyment and heartache it has done in the past

For what it's worth mate, I think there are a great many fans just like you for who this club is a massive part of their lives and who would do the same (me included).

I was a little worried today, I'll admit. Not that the club would go under, but would have a 10 point deduction. I am a lawyer but even though company law and insolvency are not my thing, working in the law and running your own business does give you a working knowledge of various aspects of it and today was an ideal example of how a little knowledge is a very dangerous thing.

We had a statement from Ron a couple of weeks ago that he actually needn't have made. I suspect he pre-empted the fact that some eagle eyed fan would have picked it up and blazoned it across the websites and so thought he'd get in first with a calming statement.

What followed was what my mate aptly referred to this afternoon as a "storm in a Shrimperzone tea cup" that, for the time being at least, has left us all feeling a bit daft at overreacting and relieved that, for the next 3 months at least, this is one hurdle we've overcome.

Plus, we are not exactly unique here. Just take a look at some of the clubs who, financially, have been or are in as bad or worse a position than us. People like Newcastle, Leeds, Southampton, West Ham, Chesterfield, Barnet, Rotherham, Luton, Bournemouth, Stockport, Macclesfield, Accrington Stanley, Leicester, Brighton, Forest, Chester, Darlington... they are just the ones I can remember that over the last 10 years or so have had points deductions, fines or major financial problems and with the exception of Luton and Chester who are now in the Conference they are all still in existence.

In fact, this article written at the end of last season

http://soccerlens.com/surviving-the-summer-in-the-football-league/28569/

makes interesting reading, especially the last sentence stating that since 1982 a total of 98 league clubs have gone into administration.

We aren't one of them, and guess what? The others are still about.

So perhaps we need to realise that whilst administration is certainly not a good thing, it isn't the death knell either. Can anyone remember any league clubs that have actually folded in recent memory?

It is a case of being bad, but not that bad. The medical equivalent of swine flu perhaps... will lay you low for a while but probably won't kill you.

So sleep easy mate - the odds are very much on us all having a club to support, even if the unthinkable happens.

Don't think so... maybe £60K.

thats a great post, tbh most of the stuff you come out with seems very negative, but positive or negative the motive behind works for me!

anyway.. interesting concept, if 10000 fans chipped in a score we could get some players in or pay a bill or two. im sure if the sh*t hit the fan, we would all consider, no matter how skint we are, digging deep, supporting southend is all about the luuurve...

Can i just say (and i have not read all the posts) every member of this board would give their last pound to save what we all love

Do you know, for all you think I'm a woman in a man's world and I know absolutely sod all - for once we're on the same side here. Any and every true Southend supporter should be willing to do something to help the club out at such a time. I reckon we should get onto Terry Alderton, Alison Moyet, Denise Van Outen and anyone else with a connection and affinity in the entertainment world and get a benefit gig organised.

And to answer the point about ST revenue, pleased don't forget that a large number of these will most likely have been bought on direct debit so the club will only have a proportionate amount of revenue to hand.

I have just one question, does Southend United even need saving? I'm sure there are plenty of clubs that owe money (and a lot more than we do) and they are still in existence.

I have faith in Ron that he has the clubs interest at heart and if it were likely that we could go into administration then i'm sure some type of action would have been made by the club by now.

Good to hear. But the Trust i'm sure do not have anywhere near the amount required to settle the entire tax bill.

Back