• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mick

Life President
After the predicted antics from Danny McDreadful at Orient, what do the next two matches bring in the way of officials?

I'm doing these two together as they are in many ways very similar. Both are in their first season as a League referee, both have refereed Southend once before. Both are quite highly rated as prospects for future referee stardom.

At home to Hartlepool, we have Gavin Ward from Sittingbourne. Gavin's previous appearance was for the JPT defeat on pens by Dagenham. Don't recall it being his fault though. The best thing I can say about him is that he was an absolutely first class linesman. Lined in numerous Premiership matches and some full internationals. He is clearly trying to get noticed and his card count is amongst the highest (7 reds in 15 matches - although two were Orient players!). Not quite as young as he looks.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/28072...-doesn-t-know-sending-gillingham-s-simon.html

He will be assisted by Messrs Hayto and Margetts.

At Millwall we have the current blue-eyed boy, Stuart Attwell from Warwickshire, with the "powers that be" giving him an unprecedented 2 Championship matches and an FA Cup 4th round tie within 6 months of being put on the League list. Stuart did a competent job in our home match versus Swindon. Has had a couple of controversial matches but generally well received. Five reds in 19 games. Got some prominence when he was in charge of the mass brawl between Swansea and Havant & W but seemed to handle the situation correctly. Looks very young, is very young.

His assistants are Messrs Cooper and Scott.

By the way, Danny McD has been rewarded for his miserable efforts on Saturday with his first Championship match of the season !!!

I recognise the Gavin Ward guy from doing the SUFC line on many occasions. You say not as young as he looks, so how old actually is he?

Agreed though that he was always a good lino whenever I saw him at the Hall too. From the comments on this board though, things can't get any worse than the man in the middle last weekend! It'll only get worse when he is appointed to the Shrimpers again......

I remember him from the Daggers game, everyone was shouting out it was past his bedtime! Both these two look ok on paper, hopefully they'll be ok in the flesh too.

Every team gets there equal amount of good and bad decisions, and I for one have stopped moaning everytime we get decisions that don't go our way.
Its up to the team to play well enough to win games, and not for us to constantly blame officials when we don't, and I must be honest and say that Tilly does far too much of this (although not in the league of a numner of Premiership managers)

Ok so Orients goal was late in the day and possibly beyond the alloted injury time, but unless its scored after that whistle blows then we should have no complaints.

I remember seeing him being lino for some big Premier League games - Chelsea vs Man Utd seems to spring to mind. Not one afraid to make a decision (always frustrating when you see a lino who only ever takes his cue from the ref).

Back