• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

He cant even speak English which you'd think would be critical to communicate with the players - I doubt many (if any) speak Spanish.

Absolutely crazy.

I'm sure Southampton can afford an interpreter.(I could make myself available for a price).:winking:
I remember Venables laughable attempts at Spanish(Ron Harris was even worse)but that didn't seem to stop them having quite a bit of success here.

Last edited:
Very sorry for Adkins, but surely if you own a football club and you put the money in like Cortese, you can appoint who you want as manager. Or do fans expect owners to put the cash in and leave decision making to the fans?

What happened to Adkins is a farce. How do you cover that up?

The bloke has been nothing but brilliant. To suggest that the current crop of players could be performing better in the prem is madness. This is either a conspiracy or the chairman has looked at Swansea and decided that the football Saints play isn't pretty enough!

2 defeats in his last 12 premiership games, completely bonkers decision there is very little loyalty either way anymore.

My guess is that he got a nice fat bonus to keep him quiet. He's been sacked but his reputation is intact, I'm sure he'll be managing in the PL again soon.

Oh yeah, I'm sure he got sorted out. But, he hasn't spoken about it so maybe just maybe he is going through the PFA and they have told him to keep it quiet. That is standard procedure.

Another two managers gone, Keith Curle sacked at Notts County and Paul Dickov 'steps aside' as Oldham boss.

McLeish goes from Forest after 40 days - mutual consent. Presumably the whole George Boyd incident must have played a part. A real merry go round in the Championship at the moment! Bet they're glad they ditched O'Driscoll when they were just shy of the play offs!!

Managers aren't really helping thmeselves if you ask me, jumping from team to team everytime a better offer comes along. Appleton and Robins spring to mind.

Managers aren't really helping thmeselves if you ask me, jumping from team to team everytime a better offer comes along. Appleton and Robins spring to mind.

There's some truth in that but also some exceptions. Roberto Martinez, for example.

Back