• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

without so much as a whimper or discord, martins plans have come to frution a ****** 14,000 seater stadium in the middle of knowhere, with no income for southend utd, rather the other way round as clearly he is going to rent it to us(or rather one of his many insolvent companies may) when the next 100 years of southends history is written, i wonder those that are living will look back and think "how did it come to this" 31,000 against liverpool in 1979 to 14,000 seater stadium, thus ending the dreams of the premier league etc etc. jobson started it by getting rid of the south stand, and his best friend and neighbour took it off his hands and finished it off.

no protest marches, no pitch invasions, no threats of violence, just fans rolled over and had their bellies tickled . The council are equally to blame, they should have never allowed this week for the amended plans to be approved, but they were more worried about their 6m in road improvements, than to give a flying f about southend. anna waite who should be sent to an aslyum for how she has ruined southend, was quoted as saying it was great thing for southend and its ppl?? why . fans travelling to the ground are more likely to go straight to the stadium off the 127 and walk from prittlewell than even touch the town centre, and remember any money they spend at fossets wont benefit the club only martin.

it makes me chuckle when i see debates conducted on here, between the martin believers, all about how crucial it is to get on site, and how we can start moving on, do you really think martin and brady give a ff about us!!!!

martin needs to get out of some heavy debt situation from his other companies 22m?? and this is only opportunity left, once he has paid off what he owes, and his money to brady, he may have a little sum left, plus rent accurals
and still some of you ppl buy it. the way he treated tilly was disgusting but ineviatable , tilly acted as his banker for 4 years, and what did martin do as a way of a thank you, why dump on him. sturrock should have had the balls to wait until tlly was sacked, but again he was seduced by promises by the snake oil salesman , and was persuaded to leave his coma to come here to chase the shilling. again disgraceful also bringing halfwit son with him.

the only positive thing to come out of this is the fans boycott, which is working, in fact the best is when you can get it for nothing at roots hall, as that costs me nothing and hopefully hurts the club.,

i pray for the winding up order to go ahead, as that might just bring about the end of martin, but clearly the bank of sainsburys will draw down more money for him.

the only comfort i have is knowing that hopefully someone will do the deed on him, and then he will have a reminder of what he did to our club

Right a few things;

31,000 against Liverpool, you've picked the biggest crowd, what about the other **** crowds, and the 2,100's before those quality 6 years? Do you not remember them? Martin wasn't involved when that happened, how can you blame that on him?

The plan isn't to have just a 14 thousand seater without a Main Stand, the plan is to have a 22,000 seater stadium with a main stand.

A reason why Ron wont just leave after building the 14 thousand bit;

1. He wont make any money from the commercial side of the new build.

Which means, he has just wasted 13 years of his life. Doubtful.

So you want to hurt the club do you? That's ****ing brilliant mate, well done.
You want us to be wound up? That's even better.
Do the deed on him? Rape him? Kill him? What are you talking about.

And also before I read 'leave his coma' and 'halfwit son' I thought, ahh it's such a bad thing that this is what Martin has done. But now I just think, you are clueless and deluded by this hatred that you and we all have for Ron Martin.

You actually want the club to go under and you actually want to hurt the club, so in that case you are ****ing hurting me!

I'm disgusted. I'm hurt. I'm all those things. Because of what's happened.

But I will never wish death on my club!

What a joke!

I read your post with interest. You seem a very concerned supporter and I wonder why you have not instigated protests, pitch invasions etc as the fans ( both Martin lovers and haters ) seem lacking in leadership. Come out publicly and give the fans a leader for the cause. Nothing can be achieved by people being anonymous behind a computer.

My only issue with the boycott is that it won't drive Martin away and if people had been coming through the turnstiles we may have had the cash to pay the taxman. It seems a boycott is only hitting the club you love not the man behind the club.

I read your post with interest. You seem a very concerned supporter and I wonder why you have not instigated protests, pitch invasions etc as the fans ( both Martin lovers and haters ) seem lacking in leadership. Come out publicly and give the fans a leader for the cause. Nothing can be achieved by people being anonymous behind a computer.

My only issue with the boycott is that it won't drive Martin away and if people had been coming through the turnstiles we may have had the cash to pay the taxman. It seems a boycott is only hitting the club you love not the man behind the club.

Indeed Ken, and if it did come to administration or worse, who owns whatever assets the club may have?

If this person is who I am led to believe it's simply because historically, so I am told, he was never a leader, more the annoying hanger on who wanted to play tough with the big boys. To put it another very succinct way, I very much doubt he has the balls to do what you suggest.

I get it, you hate the club (now), you hate RM, you hate Jobson, you hate the majority of the fans.

Thanks for confirming.

Oh, and wasn't the South Stand chopped up because it had been declared unsafe or something and there was no point in actually fixing it as 3,000 people were never going to look like 30,000 with all that space?

Last edited:

This. As much as I respect those who are sticking by their word and not turning up at Roots Hall I can't help but feel that they are not hurting RM, but only the club.

without so much as a whimper or discord, martins plans have come to frution a ****** 14,000 seater stadium in the middle of knowhere, with no income for southend utd, rather the other way round as clearly he is going to rent it to us(or rather one of his many insolvent companies may) when the next 100 years of southends history is written, i wonder those that are living will look back and think "how did it come to this" 31,000 against liverpool in 1979 to 14,000 seater stadium, thus ending the dreams of the premier league etc etc. jobson started it by getting rid of the south stand, and his best friend and neighbour took it off his hands and finished it off.

no protest marches, no pitch invasions, no threats of violence, just fans rolled over and had their bellies tickled . The council are equally to blame, they should have never allowed this week for the amended plans to be approved, but they were more worried about their 6m in road improvements, than to give a flying f about southend. anna waite who should be sent to an aslyum for how she has ruined southend, was quoted as saying it was great thing for southend and its ppl?? why . fans travelling to the ground are more likely to go straight to the stadium off the 127 and walk from prittlewell than even touch the town centre, and remember any money they spend at fossets wont benefit the club only martin.

it makes me chuckle when i see debates conducted on here, between the martin believers, all about how crucial it is to get on site, and how we can start moving on, do you really think martin and brady give a ff about us!!!!

martin needs to get out of some heavy debt situation from his other companies 22m?? and this is only opportunity left, once he has paid off what he owes, and his money to brady, he may have a little sum left, plus rent accurals
and still some of you ppl buy it. the way he treated tilly was disgusting but ineviatable , tilly acted as his banker for 4 years, and what did martin do as a way of a thank you, why dump on him. sturrock should have had the balls to wait until tlly was sacked, but again he was seduced by promises by the snake oil salesman , and was persuaded to leave his coma to come here to chase the shilling. again disgraceful also bringing halfwit son with him.

the only positive thing to come out of this is the fans boycott, which is working, in fact the best is when you can get it for nothing at roots hall, as that costs me nothing and hopefully hurts the club.,

i pray for the winding up order to go ahead, as that might just bring about the end of martin, but clearly the bank of sainsburys will draw down more money for him.

the only comfort i have is knowing that hopefully someone will do the deed on him, and then he will have a reminder of what he did to our club

Firstly, I'm pretty sure the 31,000 was with Standing, which as any sensible person would know isn't common now. You'll always get more on the terraces than sitting.

What good would pitch invasions and violence do? It'd only put a bad image on the club and pitch invasion would likely see the club punish financially, which is hardly what we want. The road project is part of the Olympic redevelopment which has mostly been paid for by grants I think, so you can't say that Southend council are putting it over the stadium, if they were, would they agreed so quickly to the stadium request?

Yes, we do think Martin and Brady care about us, mostly because if we go under, then it's likely that Ron Martin would go under as well and he doesn't want that. As a property developer he wants to get the new stadium to get the hotel and give more money to the club through the main stand. Brady has only just joined and you are already saying he doesn't care? What were you expecting from him, a miracle job which clears all our debts? Because that ain't going to happen, he cares as much as the fans do.

You sound more like you want the club to go under than to get rid of Ron Martin which is a callous thing to say, not paying money into the club will see it go under no matter who steps in, there are no Middle eastern millionaires with a fetish for Jellied Eels, and if there are, they haven't made themselves known yet.

You are not a fan if you wish the club to die.

I've always hated everyone so at least I'm consistent. I'm very nice about it, too, because like the Murphy's I'm not bitter.

In many ways I'm pleased I'm out and about working most Saturdays as it stops me from confronting the moral dilemma of regularly paying money to see the team I support but led in the boardroom by yet another man I can no longer trust to use the funds for the good of the club.

I could never be as angry as the original poster, however, as the football itself really doesn't mean that much to me, it's more the people, places and events that keep me hooked. I can understand, however, those who want to support their team but not the club itself off the pitch. The frustration must be unbearable at times.

Lets take your points one by one shall we, firstly, it may only start at 14000 it may be all 22,000 whatever we end up with to begin with it will be bigger and better than we have now, 14000 thousand seats without any posts in the way, and the acoustics will be much better than they are now. As for the 31,000 against Liverpool that was a fantastic but could never happen again. If you remember the old South Bank had a 1500 capacity put on it after the Hillsborough disaster so in fact the South Stand actually accomodates more than the old terrace ! As for dreams of the Premier League, as I understand it you have to get into it by playing football matches not the size of your ground. If so then Leeds, Southampton etc would be in their today.

As for protests, there have been a few, disorganised events that have just made the fans look stupid. The car park abuse was laughable and the visit to RM's house was equally ineffective. But even an event where 10,000 fans march on Roots Hall wouldnt have any effect as RM has to deliver so that he can make money. the council at the moment is being more helpful than at any other time in the past and yes they might be in it for their £6 million but at least they are helping by stipulating that Sainsburys cant open at Roots Hall until we have the safety certificate at FF, not completely self centred are they ?

funnily enough, I do think that RM cares about the club, if he didnt we would have been bust a long time ago and the sainsburys would be up and operating at roots hall. Yes he does have lots of debts, who hasnt ? but he's put up land he owns as collateral for the Sainsburys debts.

Now the only point that I agree on, he has treated Tilly, Brush, last seasons players, staff at RH and possibly this seasons players like SH*T and I totally disagree with this, he should have wiped the slate clean when he said he did. And for that I will not truly believe his words without proof again. TB on the other hand i will give a chance as I do everyone, I am more than a little disappointed with hm though, he seems happy to speak to the Trust and Shrimperzone reps but seems to have forgotten people that have invested in the club 'the shareholders' perhaps there is something more sinister in that !

As for you praying for the winding up order to happen then I am sorry, you are no fan of this football club ! No true fan wishes his club to become extinct, a change of ownership yes but NEVER the folding of the club and for this I think you should reconsider posting your negative comments on this site..

Is it not time to stop bashing the club and the excecutives? We are where we are the only way to get out of it is to pull together. As much as it may hurt, the club needs income and the supporters can do their bit by generating income by attending games. It does not go in RM's pocket, the debts belong to the club. If we dont pay them we go under so come on by all means have your opinion but make something positive out of it. The players are playing and trying to get us up the league, so it is them we should support and who knows perhaps the mess will get sorted out.

So far there have been a few posts that have taken Ol' Cap'n Fishy Fingers post apart... what's the point? His ego is bigger than Ron Martins... he does it to wind us all up, of that I'm sure, probably gets off into his kleenex every time his name is read out on BBC Essex after another text moaning about how rubbish we/Sturrock/Martin/the club are and the only conclusion I have come to is that he must be an Orient or Colchester fan.

It's a shame he has to be so abusive and controversial because actually, on occasion, there is some truth or logic in SOME of what he says. But only some. Most of it is hatred filled tripe that really doesn't add up if were all to be true. For instance, why would we be in the middle of nowhere with no income? How long would the club last and where would Ron get his money from then? The retailers will probably only survive with the assistance of the thousands of fans visiting on match days. How long would the Spreadeagle pub last if the football club didn't fill it up pre and post matches? It's a similar concept, especially on a remote retail park. And he says about the next 100 years of SUFC history... if his theories were true then we would struggle to make 100 days, let alone years.

The only bit that he is correct about is that eventually RM will probably make a lot of money out of the club if and when it all happens. But as he owns the club, is it such a crime that he gets remunerated well from the business deal? That's what business is all about, isn't it? It's hardly a Chester type scenario, is it! The chances are in 10 years time we will be in a decent and completed stadium playing in a higher league than we are now with bigger support. And yes, that is my firm belief, as opposed to a hope. Of course it could go wrong and collapse, but anyone who thinks that is what Martin wanted to happen from the outset is, in my opinion, wrong. And we are all entitled to opinions.

And I've recently discovered a nice way of making the zone a happier place, for me, anyway. There's this not often used facility called the IGNORE button and as our fishy friend clearly has nothing to say that i want to read, I'm now adding him to my ever increasing ignore list. That way I can just read and debate with people who know how to behave online, regardless of whether they share my views or not, and then this board becomes the sort of place that most of us would like it to be. It took a long time for me to use it as I held the view that even the most abusive, bigoted, stupid, idiotic moron on here would have SOMETHING that was worth reading and discussing. But sadly, there are just some who just cannot conduct themselves properly on a forum and take the "it's my opinion and I'm entitled to it" point to abusive and unreasonable extremes. It's amazing how much happier you feel and for those like me who feel exasperated I suggest you try it.

Lets get something straight here.

I love southend united . If she were a women she wouldnt be the prettiest and she certainly wouldnt wear fancy clothes she wouldnt even talk as nicely as her neighbours . She wouldnt show much signs of improving thos stats and characteristics over the coming months or years , but would i turn my back on her?

Not a chance in the world i would stand by her because at the end of the day she may be **** , but she is my **** and no jumped up ex bobsleigh big haired shallow pocketed odius little man would keep me from her.

He may hold the keys and the banks accounts , but its us that really own her and years from now we will still be here and he will not.

We may not like what we are seeing and hearing and it might make us heavy of heart and weary in nature , but no way will i turn my back on one of the loves of my life.

Captain birdseye you make some good points but a lot of what you are saying is just plain ****. Shame on you for turning your back on the club you claim to love when she is at her lowest ebb and needs US more than ever.

Im staying put mate.

So far there have been a few posts that have taken Ol' Cap'n Fishy Fingers post apart... what's the point? His ego is bigger than Ron Martins... he does it to wind us all up, of that I'm sure, probably gets off into his kleenex every time his name is read out on BBC Essex after another text moaning about how rubbish we/Sturrock/Martin/the club are and the only conclusion I have come to is that he must be an Orient or Colchester fan.
:omg:
Doubt it! However on occasion he has sounded like one of the lard azzes in ya local pub, watching sky in their replica shirt. Listening to the after match analysis and then spouting the same crap to anyone within ear shot. Either way it seems all very fishy Cap'n.

Back