• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

For me Reeves has to play, the fact that he didn't start on saturday was a joke!!
Britt has terribly out of form but I'd still much rather him start than have Freddy playing, he's lazy and way out of shape plus barely had any game time.

I've heard theres nearly 7k tickets sold so hopefully it will be 7.5k or maybe nearer 8k by kick off time tomorrow.
Why? Freddy looked a lot better than Britt on Saturday and seems to be really up for this game

13.4.1 at the end of ninety minutes' play in all rounds apart from the Final; and

13.4.2 after the conclusion of the two legs in each Area Final,the winner shall be determined by the taking of kicks from the penalty mark in accordance with the Laws of Association Football.

13.5 In the Final tie, if the score is level at the end of 90 minutes an extra half hour shall be played. If the score is still level at the end of extra time the Final tie shall be determined by the taking of kicks from the penalty mark in accordance with the Laws of Association Football.

13.4.1 at the end of ninety minutes' play in all rounds apart from the Final; and
13.4.2 after the conclusion of the two legs in each Area Final
the winner shall be determined by the taking of kicks from the penalty mark in accordance with the Laws of Association Football.
13.5In the Final tie, if the score is level at the end of 90 minutes an extra half hour shall be played. If the score is still level at the end of extra time the Final tie shall be determined by the taking of kicks from the penalty mark in accordance with the Laws of Association Football.

The red bit is what has thrown me!

No matter the club have confirmed straight to pens if required.

If we can get an early goal to settle the nerves and make it doubly hard for Orient to come back from then that'd be the best thing. Don't envisage that happening though as the last time we scored a goal in the first half at home in the league was September (Not league I know but meh)

13.4.2 after the conclusion of the two legs in each Area Final,the winner shall be determined by the taking of kicks from the penalty mark in accordance with the Laws of Association Football.

13.5 In the Final tie, if the score is level at the end of 90 minutes an extra half hour shall be played. If the score is still level at the end of extra time the Final tie shall be determined by the taking of kicks from the penalty mark in accordance with the Laws of Association Football.

That relates to the Wembley final though ?

For those sitting behind the dugouts tomorrow night you may just see a few Southend old boys amongst the Orient staff...
Andy "Eagle" Edwards & Peter Johnson run the youth team ,also Danny Webb ( he's still only 29!!!) trains their U-14s

....Lets hope the Orient strikers have Webb's goalscoring prowess for the game !

Right I've had enough of talking and reading about a certain Frenchman we have a massive game tomorrow, so lets gets our minds focused on that! Bring it on!!

Too right, enough of this snail eating nonsense - and may I add a rallying cry of my own - A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of coloured ribbon - Napoleon Bonaparte

Have a suspicion it might go to pens. I can see a 2-1 or 1-0 to Orient. Will Luggy bring Bentley on if that is the case?

Apologies if this has been mentioned as not read the whole thread.

We discuss our strategy for being 1-0 up. But how will Orient play this? If they take the lead, will they keep coming at us or settle for a penalty shoot-out?

If they keep coming at us, we may have opportunity for much of the game to hit them on the break, even if we fall behind.

The lads need no other incentive. Yes, we're depleted but to be in touching distance of a Wembley final doesn't come around very often and for some of these players it could well be their last chance to grace the home of football.

We're not going to have 11 men out there Wednesday night, we're going to have almost 6,000 and every single one of us needs to stand up and be counted.

These boys are pulling on our shirt, our badge so lets get behind them from the first whistle to the last.

In that case, let's all stand in front of the goal, and hold out for a 0-0...

The lads need no other incentive. Yes, we're depleted but to be in touching distance of a Wembley final doesn't come around very often and for some of these players it could well be their last chance to grace the home of football.

We're not going to have 11 men out there Wednesday night, we're going to have almost 6,000 and every single one of us needs to stand up and be counted.

These boys are pulling on our shirt, our badge so lets get behind them from the first whistle to the last.

In that case , I'd probably play 3,000 at the back , 2,000 in midfield and just leave 1,000 up top for the break aways !

That relates to the Wembley final though ?

Exactly..... The only mention of extra time relates to the final, not any of the preceding rounds. Smiffy was asking if there would be extra time on Weds. From that, clearly not.

Back