• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stoke Player

sufc_mini

does anybody know what happened to that Stoke player who got carried off?

i thoguht it must be a pulled muscle or something, but much to my amazement i see him placed in the recovery position upon the stretcher with an applied oxygen mask with good old doctor runnin on for support, look quite serious and long term injury to incident to me...anybody see anything?

it was luke chadwick. i only saw him fall down, no one fouled him.

Got rushed to Southend Hospital I believe!
Think they said he is still unconscious (sp!)!

Had an oxygen mask on, was very odd really perhaps just due to the heat maybe?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Robbshrimp @ Aug. 05 2006,18:12)]Had an oxygen mask on, was very odd really perhaps just due to the heat maybe?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
Freddy was over to get a drink 4 or 5 times during the match

Hadnt realised how hot it must have been for the players

As for the player in question, he was down (didnt see how) and then it all went off

Both sets of fans clapped the player off

According to Nick Alliker on BBC Essex who had spoken to the guys from Radio Stoke, Chadwick was slipping in and out of conciousness and had been taken to the A & E Dept at Southend Hospital.
The other player taken off with an injury,Sweeney, has a broken wrist and has also gone to A & E.
Busy day for the doctors and nurses.
sad.gif

Stoke boss Tony Pulis on Luke Chadwick, who was taken to hospital:

"Luke was unconscious, and he was still in that state when they were taking him to hospital.
"They revived him on the pitch, but he fell unconscious again. I don't know what led to it but it's a huge concern.

thets jst hope that he is ok, although he plays for another team, i never like to see somebody from another team "genuienly!" in pain..Especially to that extent, although today was a fantastic day for Southend fans spare a thought for Luke in Hospital and his family

yh thats really funny.....considering his quite a concern and keeps drifting in and out of conciousness, would you think its that funny if it was one of your players or even somebody you know?
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufc_mini @ Aug. 05 2006,20:11)]yh thats really funny.....considering his quite a concern and keeps drifting in and out of conciousness, would you think its that funny if it was one of your players or even somebody you know?
rock.gif
WHATEVER

haha..u sound like one of those fans who doesn't care aslong as it aint us, and one of those people who wishes carreer threatening injuires to other players, now i hope your going to tel me i'm wrong. BEcause i am a proud Southend fan because i like to think we haven't got many of them in our club...which is why we clapped him off so wel after his injury..well?
rock.gif
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wardy @ Aug. 05 2006,20:13)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufc_mini @ Aug. 05 2006,20:11)]yh thats really funny.....considering his quite a concern and keeps drifting in and out of conciousness, would you think its that funny if it was one of your players or even somebody you know?
rock.gif
WHATEVER
I know I shouldnt get reeled in by this but get a f%&king grip lad.

Someone is in hospital unconscious with heat exhaustion (so I'm led to believe) At this point in time it is unsure if this player will be make a full recovery so please have a little bit more respect.

Class A ****

[b said:
Quote[/b] (A loyal supporter @ Aug. 05 2006,20:17)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (wardy @ Aug. 05 2006,20:13)]
[b said:
rock.gif
WHATEVER
I know I shouldnt get reeled in by this - get a f%&king grip lad.

Someone is in hospital unconscious with heat exhaustion (so I'm led to believe) At this point in time it is unsure if this player will be make a full recovery so please have a little bit more respect.

Class A ****
Agreed!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (EastStandBlue @ Aug. 05 2006,20:18)]Broken his wrist apparently...
Nope that was another player - 2 or in hospital, Luke Chadwick unconcious with heat exhaustion and another guy with a broken wrist.

It's never funny when people get seriously injured, do u laugh when u see adverts of people getting hit by cars?

Back