• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Strangest place you have met a bird.

DTS

The Business
When I was at college as Dad of DtS is a cold and heartless ******* I had to work over the weekends to pay for my own beer money. How child line didn't get involved I will never know but there you go.

Most of my mates worked at Tesco's but that was too far for me to walk so i got a job as a kitchen hand in the old peoples home. It was not a bad job really considering I didnt really have to do much except wash dishes, help with the cooking and sometimes help walk the less stable people to the table.

Most of the old folks were pretty much lost its but there were a few that were really with it but just unwanted by there familys. I got on really well with a 89 year old called Alice (No sick jokes please).

Worked there for 2 years and me and Alice got on really well. I used to make her an extra cuppa at night and she used to give me a packet of mints now and again.

Sadly as was inevitable the day came when Alice passed away. I was gutted really gutted but these things happen. I had the afternoon of college and went to her cremation.

Much to my suprise Alice had told her family about me and they invited me back to the wake thing at there house which backed onto mine pretty much.

Anyway ended getting Alice's grand daughters number and met her a week later and the night before I flew to Crete before my first ever lads holiday.

Ended up staying the night at her which at 17 was wicked but not ideal when I had to creep through the door at 7am the next day after telling my Dad I was out with a bird. Still he got used to it in the end.

Anyone met a bird in strange circumstances?

Dave

I met this old girl called Alice at the bingo, but sadly she passed away at her care home - apparently she had bromide in her tea.

Strangest place - Citizens Band radio, or more commonly known as CB. It was the Internet dating of its time :p

First ever g/f was met on the old southbank,good old Sue Mc,culloch.
present wife was also met at roots hall.Dam you southend,dam you.

Met a girl on a bus once....used to work at a printer in Southend called Carlton Barkley Print and met this girl that worked as wedding dress maker...i smiled at her on the bus and that was it...2 years later she dumped me and moved on how hum :)

I guess the stability just seeped out of the relationship

Back