• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer Transfer Window Thread 2020

Disappointed but not necessarily surprised about Mantom. I know he’s blown hot and cold and will be on decent L1 wages but would have liked him in a L2 midfield

I am sorry to see Mantom leave. We never really got the best out of him on a consistent basis and I believe he will do a very good job at another Div. 1 or Div. 2 club, possibly in the Midlands.

I also got the sense he was disillusioned by the chaotic way the club is run, sometimes for understandable reasons (ie shortage of money).

I remember watching an interview with Mantom when he was at Scunthorpe and he impressed me as thoughtful and intelligent guy, and it is a shame his move here did not work out despite considerable early promise.

There’d be a lot of league 1 and 2 clubs after McL.
Someone would be prepared to take a chance on Barratt and probably be glad they did.No-one would want to sign John White.

Thats very harsh on JW. He is a steady player and a total professional.

He will easily get a contract in league 2. Some of the players in league 2 are total garbage. He is Mr dependable

I'm in two minds about Mantom. He never looked the standout player we expected but he went quietly racking up assists almost without being noticed (even this season he stands 10th in the division's assists table).

I'm in two minds about Mantom. He never looked the standout player we expected but he went quietly racking up assists almost without being noticed (even this season he stands 10th in the division's assists table).
Imo, mantoms one of those players who clearly has good footballing ability, but his attitude seems to let him down. Maybe it’s just his personality but he never seemed to click with the rest of the squad nor with fans

Hyam hasn’t to be one of our worst signings in our history! Thank **** he wasn’t on a longer contract!

Of the 3 that we offered contracts I’d be happy with McLaughlin and Barratt as we are always short on wingers! McLaughlin I cannot see staying unless he cannot find another club to sign him.

I agree , and let’s face it he was up against some very stiff competition !

Hyam hasn’t to be one of our worst signings in our history! Thank **** he wasn’t on a longer contract!

Of the 3 that we offered contracts I’d be happy with McLaughlin and Barratt as we are always short on wingers! McLaughlin I cannot see staying unless he cannot find another club to sign him.
Has to be or hasn't to be?! ?

Either way, odd to me that here is a player who kept a younger Anthony Wordsworth out of Ipswich's side!

Mantom always seemed to be a scapegoat with fans and I never fully understood why. Yes he had his bad games, but what League One midfielder doesn’t? In my opinion he’s a key reason as to why we stayed up last year, as he really dug in and dragged us through the last few games under Bond, but for some reason it went under the radar.

Mantom always seemed to be a scapegoat with fans and I never fully understood why. Yes he had his bad games, but what League One midfielder doesn’t? In my opinion he’s a key reason as to why we stayed up last year, as he really dug in and dragged us through the last few games under Bond, but for some reason it went under the radar.

Maybe he’ll be another Atkinson, you don’t realise how much you miss him until he is gone.

A further look into the players released by the club and why the right decisions were made:

I actually liked Mantom. I felt for him last season, as he was being asked to a job he can't do. Yearwood wasn't replaced and Mantom was expected to do that job. Set up to fail from the outset under Bond.

He'll get a club no problem. Still think he'll get a league one club. But maybe in the current climate, with so many players out of work, he'll have to go further down.

Either way, I wish him the best. He always gave his all.

I wasn’t making a direct comparison to Atkinson just suggesting we may miss what he brought to the team now he has gone.

Atkinson was class and should never have been allowed to go!

There’d be a lot of league 1 and 2 clubs after McL.
Someone would be prepared to take a chance on Barratt and probably be glad they did.No-one would want to sign John White.

It normal circumstances I would probably agree about McL and Barratt being wanted by other clubs, but with the number of players expected to be released, that may not be the case. McL isn't young and Barratt spent a year injured and has hardly played any League football; however one advantage is I doubt he would be expensive for anyone.

I actually liked Mantom. I felt for him last season, as he was being asked to a job he can't do. Yearwood wasn't replaced and Mantom was expected to do that job. Set up to fail from the outset under Bond.

He'll get a club no problem. Still think he'll get a league one club. But maybe in the current climate, with so many players out of work, he'll have to go further down.

Either way, I wish him the best. He always gave his all.
I’m sorry to disagree, but Mantom gave his all only a handful of times. Compare him to the likes of Timlin, who would always give his all. Don’t get me wrong, mantom was a good player and his ability was obvious, but if you don’t give 100%, no matter how good you are, the fans won’t like it. That’s why he was so disliked imo.

It normal circumstances I would probably agree about McL and Barratt being wanted by other clubs, but with the number of players expected to be released, that may not be the case. McL isn't young and Barratt spent a year injured and has hardly played any League football; however one advantage is I doubt he would be expensive for anyone.
Depends what young is these days Macca is 30, thats younger than me lol.

Back