• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Summer Transfer Window Thread 2020

Is there anyone else worried about tomorrow?

If HMRC push it back another month it means we're screwed for next season most likely with an embargo.

Is there anyone else worried about tomorrow?

If HMRC push it back another month it means we're screwed for next season most likely with an embargo.

I can’t see how it’s anything other than difficult for us to pay (reputed to be £600k?) Which means at best a down payment with a further hearing or an adjournment for the full amount?

Either way I can’t see it being paid off in full to free up transfer embargo’s?

I can’t see how it’s anything other than difficult for us to pay (reputed to be £600k?) Which means at best a down payment with a further hearing or an adjournment for the full amount?

Either way I can’t see it being paid off in full to free up transfer embargo’s?
Is there an option to pay in instalments? I am not sure there is if he settles in full no embargo, if he settles nothing then winding up order gets activated, if they take instalments which i am nit sure is an option or not then I would assume the embargo gets lifted as you would have paid part of the payment and therefore that would be seen as good will, similar to credit agreements between companies where you then still get a little credit while owing the rest. I am not sure how the HMRC play these things, i always thought it was all or nothing

Is there an option to pay in instalments? I am not sure there is if he settles in full no embargo, if he settles nothing then winding up order gets activated, if they take instalments which i am nit sure is an option or not then I would assume the embargo gets lifted as you would have paid part of the payment and therefore that would be seen as good will, similar to credit agreements between companies where you then still get a little credit while owing the rest. I am not sure how the HMRC play these things, i always thought it was all or nothing

Yes there is an instalment option. It's what everyone bloody does!

As an aside.

We have no manager and very little in the way of a squad. Other clubs are very active in the transfer market.

As per usual. We will probably get left behind.

Funny enough Osadebe put a picture on Twitter yesterday with the caption of ‘back’ and to me looks like one of the gates from the car park in the back of the picture ( could be completely wrong )

I believe they both signed contracts, but aren’t registered with the EFL yet due to the Umbongo. If that is lifted tomorrow (big if) we might hopefully, and finally, see the delayed gurning shots on the OS.

I believe they both signed contracts, but aren’t registered with the EFL yet due to the Umbongo. If that is lifted tomorrow (big if) we might hopefully, and finally, see the delayed gurning shots on the OS.
And if we see those photos the picture will be of them standing on a frosty January pitch.

Reckon they'll still be keen to join now that SC's gone ?

Reckon they'll still be keen to join now that SC's gone ?

If they have signed contracts (we shall see if that’s true or not), then they have joined already legally I think. I hope they have, and I hope they get on with the new gaffer. I think they would be great additions for us in League Two.

If they have signed contracts (we shall see if that’s true or not), then they have joined already legally I think. I hope they have, and I hope they get on with the new gaffer. I think they would be great additions for us in League Two.

Wouldn't surprise me if they only signed contracts until the end of the season though.

TC9 on twitter is reporting that we're speaking to Dom Poleon, he's a former youth of ours so it wouldn't be too surprising.

mind you that twitter account does need to be taken with a pinch of salt as apparently Milligan is off to wallsall, Humphrys has been sold to Barrow for £50K and Theo is off to Forest green.

it is, however Poleon would make sense as a signing as he's on a free and is the type of experienced pro we need
I would be surprised if we would be talking to anyone? I imagine any manager coming in.would be identifying their own targets.

So let’s assume we can bring in 5 new players, what positions would we strengthen? I would go for:

2 central defenders
1 central midfield
1 winger
1 striker (Assuming we lose someone)

that still leaves us short of any depth to the squad.

So let’s assume we can bring in 5 new players, what positions would we strengthen? I would go for:

2 central defenders
1 central midfield
1 winger
1 striker (Assuming we lose someone)

that still leaves us short of any depth to the squad.

It depends on who’s leaving, but we’ll need more than 5 IMO.

1 RB
2 decent CB’s
1 midfield destroyer
1 winger
2 strikers

Back