• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

sufcintheprem

This is a modified caption
. The Boardroom
Shrimperzone FC
Southend-on-Sea
Essex

To Whom It May Concern:

Following FIFA’s continued moves to interfere with football and their sudden enthusiasm to introduce a metric system to the English league standard, it’s become clear that a league of 92 teams is unacceptable as a league ladder. To remedy this, FIFA have decided that each professional division in England shall have 25 teams regardless of consequence. The Premiership will welcome Scottish giants Rangers, Celtic and Gretna, along with Harchester United and a corporate team representing the highest bidder. In the Championship, Shrimperzone FC has been offered the opportunity to play against their heroes. The entered team will be required to take on a new team name.

The new squad needs a new manager and you have been identified as potential candidates. No experience is necessary in real life or Football Manager but a keen eye for a player is essential.

A great boost has been given to SZFC after an offer of backing was received from a local consortium who have offered 90 million pounds in order to build a team for the forthcoming season. We have been in discussions with clubs across this league regarding the availability of players and compiled a list of fees that each player will command. We have decided that thirteen players will be needed. A further consideration is that no club will sell more than two players in order to protect their squad.

Having seen various experimentations with the English national team, the board won’t accept any formation other than 4-4-2. The two reserve players can be any position other than goalkeeper and can be permanently transferred in to the team at any time before the next transfer window in January. These are the only two transfers that can be performed and are not reversible.

In January, there will be an opportunity for further purchases and sales. The board will re-assess player values. High performing players will appreciate in value whilst under-performers will become cheaper. Players that we sign before the start of the season will also change in value and these increases may result in a larger transfer budget in Januray. In short, if your players perform well, you will have more to spend in January. You will be able to make unlimited transfers in January in order to reach our expectations for this season.

Please submit applications by 12:00 midday on Saturday 6th of August. This should give us enough time to helicopter in the signed players in time for the big kick-off.

In Summary:

>> Sign 13 players for a total value of £90m or less
>> A maximum of two players per team is permitted
>> One goalkeeper, 4 defenders, 4 midfielders and 2 attackers will comprise the first XI
>> Two outfield reserves must be selected. These two players can be substituted in to the team. Substitutions will only become live on the Saturday at the end of the week they are submitted.
>> There will be a transfer window in January where you will have the opportunity to change your entire squad. Player values will change and depending on your team’s performance, you may have a larger transfer budget.

If you are interested in taking this managerial position, please send the spreadsheet linked below to whothefcukaremanunited@hotmail.com . Peripheral issues like motivation, training techniques and man-management can be sorted out later and used by the board as an excuse for your poor performance, should it happen.

Download Entry Sheet

We greatly anticipate your response

The Board

**The above letter is purely fictional. Any reference to characters, scenarios or places is purely coincidental and unintentional. Or at least, just a little bit lacking in subtlety. SZFC isn't actually getting taken over and your roles in the team are safe. Any questions, post them below as I'm pretty sure that having rushed this, there will be gaping holes!**

Points scoring
All Players:
- Appearance: 2 pts whole game (1pt per half)
- Assist: 3 pts
- Yellow Card: -1 pt
- Red Card: -3 pts (two yellows: -3pts)

Goalkeeper:
- Clean sheet: 5 pts (whole game only)
- Goal Conceded: -1 (1 or 2 goals), -2 (3 or 4 goals), -3 (5 or 6 goals), etc.
- Goal: 7 pts

Defenders:
- Clean sheet: 4 pts (at least 60 mins)
- Goal Conceded: -1 (1 or 2 goals), -2 (3 or 4 goals), -3 (5 or 6 goals), etc.
- Goal: 7 pts

Midfielders:
- Clean sheet: 1pt (at least 60 mins)
- Goal: 5 pts

Attackers:
- Goal: 4 pts

o All decisions by the organisers are final
o For fixture lists, check www.bbc.co.uk

Great Job on this... Doing mine this minute
biggrin.gif

You've probably mentioned it in the post but i couldn't find anything, is there a limit regarding how mnay players from each team we can have?

PS, due to me being slow doing a lot of the work on this, several players have moved on and some are missing. I think for consistency, I'm going to put any transfers that aren't there in the next transfer window. Unfortunately, this means no Rudi Skacel and no new Southend signing but got to be fair

biggrin.gif
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ July 29 2006,17:59)]**The above letter is purely fictional.  Any reference to characters, scenarios or places is purely coincidental and unintentional.  Or at least, just a little bit lacking in subtlety.  SZFC isn't actually getting taken over and your roles in the team are safe.
Damn, with the new manager I was going to hold out for a new contract with SZFC

[b said:
Quote[/b] (blues_r_best @ July 29 2006,18:20)]Also Andy Gray of Burnley worth 0.0, good value methinks
Thank God I put in that caveat of all decisions are final

wink.gif

He should be a slightly less bargainacious 6.7m. If you want to put him in, I'll sort it out.

Regarding values, it was remarkably hard to actually do but many thanks go to Fredheim holm and my mate Alex for doing as much or more work as me on the valuations. You might also notice some inconsistencies too.

January values might be more accurate so get your bargains in now!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (EastStandBlue @ July 29 2006,18:06)]Great Job on this... Doing mine this minute
biggrin.gif

You've probably mentioned it in the post but i couldn't find anything, is there a limit regarding how mnay players from each team we can have?
My bad. Just read the praise and ignored the rest!

It's two per team. Should get a wider range of players involved and more variation in teams.

Spreadsheet problems fixed now. The subs values weren't working properly but they should be ok now. Gray also valued properly

EDIT: Wow! that was quick. Any chance of getting my title changed to Fantasy Championship competition or something akin to that?

rock.gif
Don't know if it has anything to do with the fact that I'm working with Microsoft Works and not Excell, but i can't get the Selection sheet to work properly...

Tried to add Robbie Earnshaw and entered the code "371" into one of the spaces for Attack, and infact it brought up a player from Luton. Then added the same code in one of the Sub boxes and it correctly brings up Earnshaw's details
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper2thecore @ July 31 2006,09:22)]Are there no points for assists?

How about - points for og's?
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Points scoring
All Players:
- Appearance: 2 pts whole game (1pt per half)
- Assist: 3 pts
- Yellow Card: -1 pt
- Red Card: -3 pts (two yellows: -3pts)

smile.gif

No points for ogs or penalty saves or misses.

TPS: You can change your team if you want, just send an e-mail to the same address making it really clear which one you want to use.

This may sound a bit stupid but just to clarify.

You are only allowed 2 players from one given team.

Does this also include subs?
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimperman @ July 31 2006,14:27)]This may sound a bit stupid but just to clarify.

You are only allowed 2 players from one given team.

Does this also include subs?
rock.gif
Not stupid at all. Fielded several questions about the number of players per team already!

To confirm, of your thirteen players selected, you can only have two from each club. As there's 24 teams, I reckon this shouldn't be too much of a burden and should generate some interesting signings.

Back