• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

is Freddy Eastwood one of the greatest 12 players in SUFC history?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't understand that logic. He could have taken a deckchair out with him for every game after the Man Utd game and just sat there reading a paper, but how does that detract from what he achieved in the previous 3 years? John Lennon created some very iffy music towards the end of his short life, that doesn't stop him being a music legend.

Probably my favourite striker was David Crown, I would also vote him in the the HoF, but I admit he wasn't in the same league as Eastwood.

Great point! I think some people want a team of badge kissing 100 percenters and talent is an after thought

People keep trotting this out, I don't buy into it myself. Yes, he may have wanted out but as I recall he had a series of injuries around that time which weren't exactly helpful. Don't forget the downward spiral we were on and that it's hard to go from being the adored golden boy in a winning team to a forward getting no service in a losing team.

I completely agree. I didn't notice much wrong with Fred's workrate after United. It's a convenient excuse for why things were so bad for us that season and allows us to ignore the actual problem which was that nine of the starting XI were literally out of their league at that level.

Eastwood never had great workrate. The difference was that for the first two years he was able to score 50+ goals so no one cared. In his last six months he had to come deeper and deeper for the ball and other teams sussed that if they put players on Eastwood and Gower we had no idea what to do next.

I don't understand that logic. He could have taken a deckchair out with him for every game after the Man Utd game and just sat there reading a paper, but how does that detract from what he achieved in the previous 3 years? John Lennon created some very iffy music towards the end of his short life, that doesn't stop him being a music legend.

Prob.

the comparison is a poor one and irrelevant. the relationship with a musician is not the same as with the main main at the club you love. I don't understand why you don't understand other peoples views. I don't agree with people voting no, but as I said I fully understand why.

as has been said on another post if he had left after the man u game no one could level this against him, but he didn't. of course it detracts from what he acheived (if you believe he stopped trying as hard) , the point is how big an issue that is .For you it is clearly not an issue, for others it is, for some they do not think he tried any less so it is a no brainer

hope this is clearer, for me it grates, bur what he did was enough but I understand why others disagree
or let me put it another way

the comparison is a poor one and irrelevant. the relationship with a musician is not the same as with the main main at the club you love. I don't understand why you don't understand other peoples views. I don't agree with people voting no, but as I said I fully understand why.

as has been said on another post if he had left after the man u game no one could level this against him, but he didn't. of course it detracts from what he acheived (if you believe he stopped trying as hard) , the point is how big an issue that is .For you it is clearly not an issue, for others it is, for some they do not think he tried any less so it is a no brainer

hope this is clearer, for me it grates, bur what he did was enough but I understand why others disagree
or let me put it another way

Disagree with you disagreeing! It's very similar...it's an entertainment business.

Pleased that Freddy looks cantering into the HoF, also pleased though that some have voted against. Means that Powell & Trigg are the only 100%'ers. The best of the best.

Back