• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I only went in the Green Man after the game when it wasn't as busy but it really was excellently run.

Top marks and big thank you to the Green Man, they had it all organised brilliantly.

Had a fantastic time, seeing people and meeting up with family and friends, 5000 Shrimpers contributing to a terrific atmosphere. :happy:

I must also give a huge thanks to Smiffy,after my epic fall and skate across the concrete at The White Horse before I had even got on a coach which left me somewhat in agony for the rest of the day. I could not even sit down during the game so stood up in the entry way to the seats all game.He kindly took over control of the coach from then on.

Thanks very much mate. :clap:

Fully agreed. Set us was fantastic, very well staffed. Only slight problem was the loo queues.

See TZ was the way forward it could not have made for a better day albeit a dodgy result!

Parking the OBL/Trust way at Wembley Stadium - 65 quid per coach (x29 = 1885 English Pounds!!!!!),
Parking the Wino/TZ way at the Green Man - FOC,

Not bad for an unofficial coach organization !!!

Parking the OBL/Trust way at Wembley Stadium - 65 quid per coach (x29 = 1885 English Pounds!!!!!),
Parking the Wino/TZ way at the Green Man - FOC,

Not bad for an unofficial coach organization !!!

Was the TZ coach cheaper to use?

Was the TZ coach cheaper to use?
I don't think it was, although there is obviously not the opportunity to charge a different price for non-members. Travel ticket price on Trust included the £1.50 a head parking fee at Wembley so in effect the Trust's travel price was £1.50 a head cheaper. 25 Trust coaches left Roots Hall by 9.20 a.m., with 2 leaving from The Watermill - all arrived safely by 11.00, as planned.

I don't think it was, although there is obviously not the opportunity to charge a different price for non-members. Travel ticket price on Trust included the £1.50 a head parking fee at Wembley so in effect the Trust's travel price was £1.50 a head cheaper. 25 Trust coaches left Roots Hall by 9.20 a.m., with 2 leaving from The Watermill - all arrived safely by 11.00, as planned.

So, in effect, at £15 the prices were identical. Also the extra £5 non-member charge would have allowed the members to be subsidised.

IF you are a trust member!! From my information it was £20 for non members and only £15 on TZ with free drinks and nibbles, if we want to get picky :winking:

IF you are a trust member!! From my information it was £20 for non members and only £15 on TZ with free drinks and nibbles, if we want to get picky :winking:
Which is why I referred to having the opportunity to charge a different price in my post! :raspberry:

The Trust nearly always charges a different price to non members on travel, this match was no different.

27 Trust coaches is a good turn out -- must have made a few bob for Ron !

There's still final bills to sort out, like refunding the cost of providing all the coach drivers with a bacon roll and cup of coffee before they left from the Lions' Breakfast Barbecue, face painting, ticket printing etc but whatever profit there is will NOT be going straight into Ron's pocket!

So basically, it was only £1:50 cheaper if you were a trust member, which you did not make clear in your post.

So basically, it was only £1:50 cheaper if you were a trust member, which you did not make clear in your post.

Who cares which was cheaper. I'm sure whichever coach people chose to use they were very happy with the service provided - there is really no need to make an issue out of it.

Which is why I referred to having the opportunity to charge a different price in my post! :raspberry:

The Trust nearly always charges a different price to non members on travel, this match was no different.

There's still final bills to sort out, like refunding the cost of providing all the coach drivers with a bacon roll and cup of coffee before they left from the Lions' Breakfast Barbecue, face painting, ticket printing etc but whatever profit there is will NOT be going straight into Ron's pocket!

A quick question Kay, it is true that RM did a deal with the Trust to use the shop to sell tickets as long as he got a cut of any profits made, or is that rumour rubbish?

Fully agreed. Set us was fantastic, very well staffed. Only slight problem was the loo queues.

For future ref - there is a loo next to the bar in the corner on the left - dont think it was signed posted! Couple of times I had to use it was practically empty!. As I say useful to know for future events!

A quick question Kay, it is true that RM did a deal with the Trust to use the shop to sell tickets as long as he got a cut of any profits made, or is that rumour rubbish?

Categorically and 100% no on that one John, if it had had any truth I doubt very much that Kev would have given as much time as he did!

A lot of members took annual leave to go and sell tickets, do you honestly think they'd have done so if that had been the basis of any "agreement"?

didnt queue once for the toilets as there was about 10 porter loos out side.

Best pub I have ever visited and have no idea why havent been there for an England

Been to that boozer twice while watching saracens play rugby at wembley. different crowd altogether from football, but the pub still had a top serivce. agree, best football away day pub ever been to. :thumbsup:

Back