• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Categorically and 100% no on that one John, if it had had any truth I doubt very much that Kev would have given as much time as he did!

A lot of members took annual leave to go and sell tickets, do you honestly think they'd have done so if that had been the basis of any "agreement"?

Wasn't there a 50/50 split with the Cardiff money ?

Wasn't there a 50/50 split with the Cardiff money ?

Ken, John asked a question about this time around, which is what I answered for. I have no knowledge of the arrangements for Cardiff. If you wish me to ask that question I can do so, but I have to advise that an answer will not be too quick in coming as neither Paul is really available for a few days. Of course, you could p.m. Chris on here who would know.

I was really impressed with the set up at The Green Man; must confess I was kind of wandering around in a daze as it felt so surreal seeing so may people there supporting Southend! Managed to bump in to plenty of familiar faces too - it was all good there.

cant believe the state a couple of fans in the beer garden before the game, right out of it and falling all over the place in the place in the garden, wonder if they made the game ? well funny day:smile:

cant believe the state a couple of fans in the beer garden before the game, right out of it and falling all over the place in the place in the garden, wonder if they made the game ? well funny day:smile:

Should add that my above comment re 'wandering about in a daze' was nothing to do with beer consumption! My one beer there was my first of the day!

There were some folk in a right old state though; wonder if they even got in to the ground.

The guy in the brown jacket and stripy shirt, sat down on a bench? He was in a right state. At one point he went to take a drink, completely missed his face and ended up pouring it all down his back. We left the Green Man at around 12:45, and unless he sobered up significantly in that 30 minutes or so, there was not a chance he was getting in.

The guy in the brown jacket and stripy shirt, sat down on a bench? He was in a right state. At one point he went to take a drink, completely missed his face and ended up pouring it all down his back. We left the Green Man at around 12:45, and unless he sobered up significantly in that 30 minutes or so, there was not a chance he was getting in.

Yeah he got in the ground.

Its pretty standard away day for him and he had been drinking since 6am

how the hell did he get in that state so quick, when i left they had sat im on the bench with pint of water, wouldnt of thought that would of made much difference in such a sort time.

If we're thinking of the same man, he made it to the ground at half time.

I was really impressed with the set up at The Green Man; must confess I was kind of wandering around in a daze as it felt so surreal seeing so may people there supporting Southend! Managed to bump in to plenty of familiar faces too - it was all good there.

Gutted we didn't go there, thought it was going to be a nightmare getting served. Hey ho not sure my mum would have enjoyed it much anyway!

For future ref - there is a loo next to the bar in the corner on the left - dont think it was signed posted! Couple of times I had to use it was practically empty!. As I say useful to know for future events!
I felt like this was some sort of private experience with everyone else moaning about the queues for the loos! Mr Sturrock had clocked onto it, though he chose to use a cubicle rather than whip the kilt up.

If we're thinking of the same man, he made it to the ground at half time.

Ah, that would've given him a good hour or so to shake the worst of it off I guess, and I suppose the stewards who were conducting the pat-downs at the entrance might've dispersed by then.

Green Man Panorama.jpg

Just a photomerge of the turn-out about 11 o'clock. Some funny things happen to some of the heads, but gives an idea of the day. Wish I had taken a bit more time with lining up the shots.

Ken, John asked a question about this time around, which is what I answered for. I have no knowledge of the arrangements for Cardiff. If you wish me to ask that question I can do so, but I have to advise that an answer will not be too quick in coming as neither Paul is really available for a few days. Of course, you could p.m. Chris on here who would know.

Kay, I realised you answered John's question. I will contact The Late One if Mr Fitz is un-available to answer questions.

Cracking time at the pub, staff were great with very quick service.

Queueing for the mens was a bit of a surprise never really done that before. Great atmosphere aswell

Was impresses with the pub, the service and facilities were great even if it was at £4 a pint! Perhaps some establishments in RH or nearby can learn from this!

Great time at the Green Man. Well done to the landlord and the guys for securing the pub for The Blue Army. Great atmoshphere. Started off in The Globe at Baker St and again superb. Greater Anglia what more can I say..... Enjoyed the day.. Recorded the game on Sky Sports and just started to watch it. So proud to see the lads walk out on that pitch.

Back