• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Just go in there with a few bars of soap strapped to your person.

They'll run like Frenchman.

I am looking from afar as I don't live locally but as a town planner myself, I would be somewhat surprised if the new stadium is dependent upon the road widening scheme: government policy is now seeking to reduce dependency on the car and to that end I would have thought it more likely that Ron is going to have to dip into his pocket to fund public transport initiatives to ensure that as few people as possible actually drive to the new stadium - I don't know if park and ride etc has been discussed but we may have a similar situation to Swansea's new ground where seemed to be little parking available at the ground for fans and signs advising us to use park and ride about 3 junctions back along the motorway.

As for whether we get the stadium itself, I think Ron will do very well to achieve his timetable since there are various factors which could delay things which will be out of his hands: that being said he obviously knows the system very well and this would seem to be our best ever chance of getting a new stadium

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CSWICKFORDSHRIMPER @ May 19 2006,15:04)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ May 18 2006,20:44)]
You think so? I remember when the SOS (Save Our Southend) and SUSCT tried to get a petition up and running in support of the Fossetts Farm scheme ... it was amazing to see how many people attending games at Roots Hall would actually REFUSE to sign it!

No true Mike ....
Yeah. OK. I was making it up, Rich ...

glare.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ May 20 2006,08:08)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (CSWICKFORDSHRIMPER @ May 19 2006,15:04)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ May 18 2006,20:44)]
You think so? I remember when the SOS (Save Our Southend) and SUSCT tried to get a petition up and running in support of the Fossetts Farm scheme ... it was amazing to see how many people attending games at Roots Hall would actually REFUSE to sign it!

No true Mike ....
Yeah. OK. I was making it up, Rich ...

glare.gif
I remember Mike - we struggled to get anyone interested in SOS, even with a bit of publicity generated by the flag... most people just didnt give a toss, even those turning up to games (some with season tickets!).

Things might be different now as the success on the pitch is slowly dissipating the apathy towards the club both in the stands and in the town...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ May 20 2006,10:39)]I remember Mike - we struggled to get anyone interested in SOS, even with a bit of publicity generated by the flag... most people just didnt give a toss, even those turning up to games (some with season tickets!).
The first SOS meeting had five people attending if I remember correctly, including dear old Bob. FIVE! No-one seemed interested at the time. I even had one guy tell me to "feck off, you're wasting your time with that petition"!

I guess things will have changed now that there is success on the pitch ...

On the subject of the ******* tree huggers I absolutely loathe them to the point of detestation. So they don't want the road widened eh? Well it can't be wide enough or else they wouldn't have to park their sh!te belching, taxless, crappy old transit on the f%&king footpath when it so takes their desire.
Far as I'm concerned these people are scum, I take the naming of camp bling as an insult to the town and they hide behind their kids ( where's social services when you want them?) to stop anyone torching them.
I say build the stadium on top of the f%&kers and call it the King Ethelrune memorial stadium or whatever his sodding name was.
And what's with the suit of armour about? What was he? A f%&king crusader?
Christ I'm wound up now, where's me mogadon.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southendstrett @ May 20 2006,09:58)]On the subject of the ******* tree huggers I absolutely loathe them to the point of detestation. So they don't want the road widened eh? Well it can't be wide enough or else they wouldn't have to park their sh!te belching, taxless, crappy old transit on the f%&king footpath when it so takes their desire.
Far as I'm concerned these people are scum, I take the naming of camp bling as an insult to the town and they hide behind their kids ( where's social services when you want them?) to stop anyone torching them.
I say build the stadium on top of the f%&kers and call it the King Ethelrune memorial stadium or whatever his sodding name was.
And what's with the suit of armour about? What was he? A f%&king crusader?
Christ I'm wound up now, where's me mogadon.
I don’t mind the tree huggers to be honest…....

Each to their own, but I have to see the buggers everyday as I go about my business and I find them repulsive on so many different levels.
Especially as I saw someone wandering around in there one day in a Chelsea shirt FFS.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southendstrett @ May 20 2006,13:27)]Especially as I saw someone wandering around in there one day in a Chelsea shirt FFS.
Blimey! The UK has got worse since my departure! I didn't realise it was illegal to wear Chelsea shirts now!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ May 20 2006,12:29)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (southendstrett @ May 20 2006,13:27)]Especially as I saw someone wandering around in there one day in a Chelsea shirt FFS.
Blimey! The UK has got worse since my departure! I didn't realise it was illegal to wear Chelsea shirts now!!
Mike, it's only a matter of time.. they'll get there
tounge.gif

(if you drive a car, car;) - I’ll tax the street;
(if you try to sit, sit;) - I’ll tax your seat;
(if you get too cold, cold;) - I’ll tax the heat;
(if you take a walk, walk;) - I'll tax your feet.

[b said:
[b said:
Not illegal, just repulsive.

[b said:
[b said:
I think you are missing the point, Mike. It is quite clear that these "protesters" trying to sabotage our stadium are in fact Chelski fans, and stooges of Abramovich who quite rightly realises that if we get a new ground there is nothing to stop us displacing them at the top in a couple of years.

You heard it here first!

suspect.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ May 20 2006,13:59)]I think you are missing the point, Mike. It is quite clear that these "protesters" trying to sabotage our stadium are in fact Chelski fans, and  stooges of Abramovich who quite rightly realises that if we get a new ground there is nothing to stop us displacing them at the top in a couple of years.
Now that DOES make sense ...

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bob Cratchitt @ May 20 2006,13:03)]Oi SIAK49, do not be such a plum what do you know, we will never be such a team!!

Sorry could not resist, call it my sense of humour.  
biggrin.gif
PLUM crazy, perhaps....

laugh.gif
upside.gif

Back