• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

EastStandBlue

Life President
Barrett, Guttridge, Cole... Were all immense today. Guttridge has been a revelation ever since the season started IMO, has proven to be one of the best bits of business ive seen the club do in recent years, along with Cole and Eastwood. Its nice to have a winger, Mitchell Cole, who can attack the defenders powerfully and with pace enough to force mistakes... When he ran at one defender, 1 or 2 others were forced to turn aswell to track the ball he was likely to play into the box and although he didnt win much in the air, nothing short of excellence was getting past Barrett today.

Promising from Eastwood, was selfless again and after a fantastic Henry-esque first touch, Fed the goat to make the 3rd goal. Im sure im not the only one getting just a tad excited at the prospect of future success.

I fookin love Cole. He is a quality player and with him and JCR we are gona have a field Day!
wink.gif

Agreed, Gutts has been superb so far. If JCR lives up to his obvious potential its going to be very exciting.

Just imagine...

Cole Gutts Maher JCR

across the midfield. Although it has to be said that Gower is playing very well at the moment.

Cole gets better with every game. He took a couple of big whacks today, though, and had to go off injured. I hope it's nothing serious.

Guttridge is quality and has added some class to the midfield. While Bentley's powerful presence was very useful last season, I do think our play has gone up a level this season thanks to Guttridge's vision, movement and subtlety on the ball. And we still have Jay Smith waiting in the wings...
biggrin.gif

I think Maher looked like either the pace or a slight injury had got to him today, a few times in the 2nd half he let a player with the ball steam forward without even an attempt to get back.

Thought Barrett was cack myself. Far too shaky for my liking. Gutts in the first half was absolute quality though, up there with his Col******r performance, but he seemed to really struggle as we gave up the ghost in the second half.

Didn't think Barrett was cack, he wasn't as steady as last year today but it was one of his better games this season.

Gutts did well again, especially in the first half. He works well with Maher and looks like a steal! Cole is getting better and better with every game, he worries the hell out of his opposing full back in most games!

What's all this chat about a small squad? I'll tell you why we're doing well...
Because Edwards is playing out of his skin cos he knows Spinner will have his place. Lewis is doing the bizniz cos Juppy's fit and rareing (and played well in reserves). Gutts has Bentley AND Smith vying for his place, and Gower's return to what resembles forms surely has something to do with another winger joining the club? And how many other clubs wouldn't have Eastwood and/or Gray on their bench?
Competition isn't about numbers, it's about quality. And that's something we have a lot of right now, right through the side.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (keefmoon @ Sep. 18 2005,01:23)]What's all this chat about a small squad? I'll tell you why we're doing well...
Because Edwards is playing out of his skin cos he knows Spinner will have his place. Lewis is doing the bizniz cos Juppy's fit and rareing (and played well in reserves). Gutts has Bentley AND Smith vying for his place, and Gower's return to what resembles forms surely has something to do with another winger joining the club? And how many other clubs wouldn't have Eastwood and/or Gray on their bench?
Competition isn't about numbers, it's about quality. And that's something we have a lot of right now, right through the side.
Spot on.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smudger @ Sep. 18 2005,04:37)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (keefmoon @ Sep. 18 2005,01:23)]What's all this chat about a small squad? I'll tell you why we're doing well...
Spot on.
Without getting into an arguement and I agree with 99 % of the post, wheres the quality and competition for left back .

Again Che was turned in side out for the goal, and twice in the second half was left wanting with Barrett tracking back and covering the left back position, which in turn left the centre exposed.

This is an area that must be plugged and soon

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFC in Sussex @ Sep. 17 2005,19:46)]Agreed, Gutts has been superb so far.  If JCR lives up to his obvious potential its going to be very exciting.

Just imagine...

Cole     Gutts    Maher     JCR

across the midfield.  Although it has to be said that Gower is playing very well at the moment.
I'd rather Bentley than Gutts.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (chadded @ Sep. 18 2005,10:02)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFC in Sussex @ Sep. 17 2005,19:46)]Agreed, Gutts has been superb so far.  If JCR lives up to his obvious potential its going to be very exciting.

Just imagine...

Cole     Gutts    Maher     JCR

across the midfield.  Although it has to be said that Gower is playing very well at the moment.
I'd rather Bentley than Gutts.
I would have at the start of the season, but Guttridge has won me over and is becoming one of my favourite SUFC players.

A word of Gower, thought he was superb today. Won the penalty with a lovely bit of skill and was always looking to take his man in a deliever a final ball (unfortunatly the final ball wasn't quite there yesterday). At one stage in the first half, Wilson had a throw in in front of East Greens, no movement whatsoever infront of him until Gower, who was at the other side of the pitch, came sprinting over just to offer an outlet, he then gave the ball back to Wilson, but thats what I like to see, players that want to be on the ball. I have seen far too many players shy away from recieving the ball as they aren't very comfortable on it, but throughout the team at the minute we have players that want to be on the ball. Gower is returning to the form of his first season. Was he injured when he went off, any ideas?

not a bad midfield

JCR, Gutts, Maher, Cole, Smith, Bentley and Gower

And i thought we were short of cover in midfield

Gower's back was playing up again I think as I saw him signal towards the bench about it.

correct,! i midway in to the second half , gower screamed to tilly, gaffer ,give it five me back has gone again !!!!!!!!!!slightly worrying !!!!!!!!!dont u think....

Not really that worrying.

We'll have JCR in time for Gillingham!
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jokercomedyclub @ Sep. 18 2005,18:00)]correct,! i midway in to the second half , gower screamed to tilly, gaffer ,give it five me back has gone again !!!!!!!!!!slightly worrying !!!!!!!!!dont u think....
Tilly on BBC Essex after the game was asked about Gower's injury and said that it was minor and expects him to be fit for next Saturday.
Said the injury was nothing to do with the problems that Gower had last season.
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Fiftyone @ Sep. 18 2005,19:00)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (jokercomedyclub @ Sep. 18 2005,18:00)]correct,! i midway in to the second half , gower screamed to tilly, gaffer ,give it five me back has gone again !!!!!!!!!!slightly worrying !!!!!!!!!dont u think....
Tilly on BBC Essex after the game was asked about Gower's injury and said that it was minor and expects him to be fit for next Saturday.
Said the injury was nothing to do with the problems that Gower had last season.
smile.gif
Weren't his problems last year that he simply wasn't physically fit enough?!?

Absolutely bang-on. I had my doubts about Che last season, and we really could do with some back-up there.

Aside from that, things are ridiculously good at the moment. I don't know what to make of it. There's just so much quality.

Back