• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFC_Al

Metal Monday Dude
Good god what a slow morning, some of these made me laugh.

"I've got all the passion, but no idea of tactics. I'd be like a black Kevin Keegan" - Ian Wright, when asked if he'd be interested in the England job.

"I hear Glenn Hoddle has found God. That must have been one hell of a pass." - Bob Davies

"This man - what's his name? The number 10, the small one who doesn't play in the Real Madrid first team... I have a history in football but what is the history of this guy, this midget?" - Carlos Alberto, Azerbaijan boss, about England's Michael Owen

"In my first youth team game, we were playing Leeds United and we were losing 3-0. He had a go at everyone and then he said to me: 'And as for you, you kangaroo, you can fck off right now. You're the worst player I've seen in my life.' " - Craig Johnston recalling a post-mortem held by Jack Charlton.

"I can't teach lame ducks to fly any more." - United States coach Bob Gansler announces his resignation

"You might as well talk to my baby daughter. You'll get more sense out of her" - Kenny Dalglish to a reporter preparing to interview Alex Ferguson

"Kenny Dalglish has associates but only a few friends. There's nothing wrong with that, as you only need six people to carry your coffin." - Fergie hits back

"I was told I wouldn't be as good as Brian Clough and most of the time it was Dad telling me that." - Nigel Clough, about to follow his dad into management

"If you aren't the chairman of Manchester United, Real Madrid or AC Milan, I'll get back to you later." - Joe Kinnear's answer phone message when manager at Wimbledon

"That's great. Tell him he's Pele and get him back on." - John Lambie, Partick Thistle Manager, when told a concussed striker did not know who he was.

"Look at that..there's no one at the back post. [more agitated] There's nobody on the back post. [screams at players...but its too late] There's nobody on the ****ing back post. [GOAL]. [resigned] I ****ing told them." - Barry Fry watches in anguish as his defence fail to guard the backpost on a corner

"It sounds blase but there is a certain amount of luck. We'd all like to take a certain amount of credit for Kevin Doyle... But I can't really remember what it was I particularly liked about Kevin when I watched him in Ireland. I had five pints of Guinness in the afternoon and it was all a bit blurred." - Steve Coppell, on discovering bargain buy Kevin Doyle in the League of Ireland, "The Guardian"

I've told the players we need to win so that I can have the cash to buy some new ones." - Chris Turner, Peterborough Manager, before a Littlewoods' Cup Match

"Nine months of misery." - Steve Coppell, manager of newly-promoted Crystal Palace, on his expectations for season 97

"I tape over most of them with Corrie or Neighbours. Most of them are crap. They can f***ing make anyone look good. I signed Marco Boogers off a video. He was a good player but a nutter. They didn't show that on the video." - Harry Redknapp on what he does with the videos he is sent promoting players

"The black players at this club lend the side a lot of skill and flair, but you also need white players to balance things up and give the team some brains and common sense." - Crystal Palace Chairman Ron Noades, speaking in 1991

"If we have to go to hell, we will go without foreigners." - Jose Maria Arrate, defending Athletic Bilbao's non-foreigner policy

"I met with the manager on Tuesday night specifically to sack him. We had a lengthy meeting to discuss compensation. The amount agreed, it transpired, could not be funded by the board. So basically we could not afford to sack him. I have now given the manager my full support." - David Taylor, chairman of Huddersfield, backing manager Mick Wadsworth

"It wasn't a monkey on my back, it was Planet of the Apes." - Mick McCarthy, after his Sunderland team finally win a Premiership game

This is an unusual Scotland side because they have good players.
- Javier Clemente, Spanish Coach, on Scotland's 1996 Under-21 side

Kevin Keegan is unrivalled in this department:

"They compare Steve McManaman to Steve Highway and he's nothing like him, but I can see why - it's because he's a bit different"

"The good news for Nigeria is that they're two-nil down very early in the game"

"England have the best fans in the world and Scotland's fans are second to none"

"I don't think there's anyone bigger or smaller than Maradona"

"The tide is very much in our court now"

"You can't play with a one armed goalkeeper...not at this level"

"At the Argentina game, how would you have guessed that Darren Anderton would have gone off with cramp?"

"I came to Nantes two years ago and it's much the same today, except that it's totally different"

"I know what is around the corner - I just don't know where the corner is. But the onus is on us to perform and we must control the bandwagon"

"In some ways, cramp is worse than having a broken leg"

"The 33 or 34-year-olds will be 36 or 37 by the time the next World Cup comes around, if they're not careful"

"I'd love to be a mole on the wall in the Liverpool dressing room at half-time"

"Goalkeepers aren't born today until they're in their late 20s or 30s and sometimes not even then. Or so it would appear. To me anyway. Don't you think the same?"

"I don't think they're as good as they are"

"For some it's the ultimate job. For the others it's the last job"

"I'm not disappointed - just disappointed"

"He can't speak Turks, but you can tell he's delighted"

"There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight"

"Despite his white boots, he has pace and aggression"

"We deserved to win this game after hammering them 0-0 in the first half"

"I'll never play at Wembley again, unless I play at Wembley again"

"You can't do better than go away from home and get a draw"

"He's using his strength and that is his strength, his strength"

"Young Gareth Barry - he's young"

"Argentina won't be at Euro 2000 because they're from South America"

"You don't get two chances at this level - or any other level for that matter"

"There's a slight doubt about only one player, and that's Tony Adams, who won't be playing tomorrow"

"We don't get any marks for effort like in ice-skating"

Michael Owen: "I've worked my nuts off to get here."
Sky Sport interviewer: "How are you feeling now?"
Michael Owen: "My groin's a bit sore."

From an American football coach -

"You play worse every day and today you played ike tomorrow!"

From Radio Five - "I can sum up Lewis Hamilton in one word - star quality!

From an American football coach -

"You play worse every day and today you played like tomorrow!"

From Radio Five - "I can sum up Lewis Hamilton in one word - star quality!

"The black players at this club lend the side a lot of skill and flair, but you also need white players to balance things up and give the team some brains and common sense." - Crystal Palace Chairman Ron Noades, speaking in 1991

shocking!

Back