• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sainbury's have purchased the RH plot , have they not?

Or am I confusing myself and others?...

I believe Sainsbury's have an agreement to buy Roots Hall in place, but this hasn't yet completed (they're waiting on work to begin at Fossetts or something similar).

However Sainsbury's own Roots Hall in the sense that someone with a mortgage may say that their house is owned by the bank.

If you think that we've got problems.............................................
http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK...ators_Set_To_Close_It_Down_And_Liquidate_Club

This would be the doomsday worst case scenario for us of course. However, the last league club to go bust was Maidstone, a longtime ago. This shows that many. many other clubs have faced bankruptcy but managed to wriggle their way out, the vast majority survive. Somehow, we should still manage to keep going if and when Martin bails out.

This would be the doomsday worst case scenario for us of course. However, the last league club to go bust was Maidstone, a longtime ago. This shows that many. many other clubs have faced bankruptcy but managed to wriggle their way out, the vast majority survive. Somehow, we should still manage to keep going if and when Martin bails out.

wasn't it Chester?

And that unfortunately in one sentence sums up just exactly how Ron Martin can stumble from one disaster to another with the (formerly) good name of Southend United FC being dragged through the mud. He's been clever and worn pretty much everybody down so that people's first thoughts when asked to protest (or even show their disatisafaction) are exactly that there's nothing they can do so why bother.

Not a direct dig at you too there by the way FBM.

Excellent - indirect ones are far more satisfying. :smile:

can I comment about today?

Please do. The fact we're only 4pts above the relegation places (and the danger of doing a Luton really rings true), in my opinion necessitates the need for some form of debate. This is Sturrock's team (I don't give a **** how "quickly" it was assembled) and as far as I'm concerned the buck stops in his office.

Please do. The fact we're only 4pts above the relegation places (and the danger of doing a Luton really rings true), in my opinion necessitates the need for some form of debate. This is Sturrock's team (I don't give a **** how "quickly" it was assembled) and as far as I'm concerned the buck stops in his office.

You say that mate but I bet if Tilson had still been in charge we would have been looking at others to blame

You say that mate but I bet if Tilson had still been in charge we would have been looking at others to blame

but he isnt so you got what you wanted and the problem was never resolved! No manager in the world could of sorted out a team to do well this season under Martin.

Who knows anymore?
It was obvious when all the signings started that RM decided he felt able to allow the manager to go out & sign players which was something he had unfortunately forbidden Tilson from doing. That is just as much of a crime in my eyes as in the way T&B were ousted from the club.

If only the egomaniac would admit his wrongs, e.g we should have gone into admin April 2009, sacked Tilson & Brush at the same time, tried to strike a deal with the players over wages so they at least still got something & didn't just stop performing out of spite, etc etc etc

I still maintain though that PS knows this group of players, mainly, from having worked with them before & therefore should really know their true strengths and weaknesses. I know some others will claim my negativity towards him is because "he's not Tilson" but it's not, I'm definite I'd be just as anti PS no matter when we appointed him. Also as somebody else posted on FB the other day Sturrock = Ron's puppet...

Out of interest, does anyone know which of the players signed have worked with Sturrock previously and who he signed that hadn't worked with him. ?

Obviously the boy Blair, who else ?

Out of interest, does anyone know which of the players signed have worked with Sturrock previously and who he signed that hadn't worked with him. ?

Obviously the boy Blair, who else ?

Easton & Gilbert for starters.
Rhys Evans at Swindon I think too.

but he isnt so you got what you wanted and the problem was never resolved! No manager in the world could of sorted out a team to do well this season under Martin.

Why does everyone blame Ron Martin for everything...We didn't play well today so it's Ron's fault.......absolute classic.

Back