• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rizla01

Hi all.

New to the forums but was connected to SUFC back in the 60's when I used to sell little blue money prize tickets to help raise funds for the club.

Anyone remember them?

Anyway, thats not what i have posted for.

I hope that you don't mind an important but non - football related topic.
:unsure:

Let me ask you all -

Is GENUINE Rossi's Ice Cream important?

For me it certainly is and I firmly believe that this is so for thousands of us.

It has a unique flavour and I put it on par with Cornish or Devon ice cream.

Rossi - The original, has been in business since 1932 with the Crown on the logo. They are about as iconic as Southend Pier, the Kursaal, the Golden Mile and Leigh cockle sheds.

Rossis is the company that set up in last couple of years (in Shoebury) buying their ice cream from Kettering in Northampton.

Their logo is in script writing.

NOW, they have changed their vans again and are pretending to be THE Rossi of Southend and using the same colour scheme, but they are selling inferior products.

This has to be stopped. It is passing off. I also urge you to make a point of NOT BUYING their products.

Why does it matter?

If we lost The Original & Iconic Rossi ice cream, we would forever have to suffer the same rubbish that every other town puts up with.

Like Cornish ice cream, Rossi is made using fresh milk & cream, unlike the shaving foam sold by the immitators.

I have always sought out, wherever possible, Rossi ice cream and have enjoyed it for over 50 years and if it was to disappear then that would be a great loss to all of us.

IF you are bothered - or if you have been conned by these cowboys (Thinking that you are buying the genuine article), then please contact Trading Standards who will do something about it BUT ONLY IF ENOUGH PEOPLE COMPLAIN!!

Is the original Rossi's important to you?

Then lets support them.

And remember to always check for the Rossi logo with the crown.

Thanks for reading.:smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't know there was two Rossi's, I only really but it when they come down my road but they do a good job I reckon.

Surely there is enough evidence for TS already? Pretty scandalous! Will keep my eye out - anyone seen the fake stuff on sale anywhere?

Mmm, Rossi's ice-cream.

Can I also add **** off Ben and Jerry, you're not a patch on Rossi's.

Sounds to me like the Rossi crew needs to get its ****ing shy in order.

Massive copyright issue there . Rossi's would have a good claim especially if the other lot have just used their logos colour and same designs . Cant see them lasting long doing that .

I know how angry the real Rossi people got when ice cream vans purporting to be real Rossi's icecream (but wasn't) went out on the road, they're still out there people! Proper Rossi's straight from the tub or the lemon ice from the machine are two of the best ice-creams ever!

I once nearly OD'd on the lemon stuff. Bought 2 litres of it from the shop, then found in one night I had practically polished it off and felt very ill, but content!

Actually Francis Rossi IS related to the original firm but he is involved in the Whiskey (Or is it Whisky) business now.

Massive copyright issue there . Rossi's would have a good claim especially if the other lot have just used their logos colour and same designs . Cant see them lasting long doing that .​

Sadly they are NOT using the same font or name (No apostrophe in ROSSIS) and they aren't silly enough to use the crown logo either.

There still is a copyright issue however but the local Trading Standards Office will do nothing until people complain that they have purchased an ice cream and genuinely believed that they were buying the real thing (Therefore misled) because of the same name being used.

I am no expert here though, and the copyright laws are extremely complex hence the huge costs needed to pursue a claim with no guarantees of success.

FWIW if anyone was to complain to the TSO then it would be helpful if you take the registration number of the vehicle that you bought from. The reg of the chap that visits Hockley, incidentally is N939 XOM and its a Ford Transit. (Just so you can compare notes, of course)

Actually Francis Rossi IS related to the original firm but he is involved in the Whiskey (Or is it Whisky) business now.

Sadly they are NOT using the same font or name (No apostrophe in ROSSIS) and they aren't silly enough to use the crown logo either.

There still is a copyright issue however but the local Trading Standards Office will do nothing until people complain that they have purchased an ice cream and genuinely believed that they were buying the real thing (Therefore misled) because of the same name being used.

I am no expert here though, and the copyright laws are extremely complex hence the huge costs needed to pursue a claim with no guarantees of success.

FWIW if anyone was to complain to the TSO then it would be helpful if you take the registration number of the vehicle that you bought from. The reg of the chap that visits Hockley, incidentally is N939 XOM and its a Ford Transit. (Just so you can compare notes, of course)

I was surprised to hear they were , yes sadly its all about having the money as you say (friend of mine is a Dr of Law in Copyright whos sadly in Oz at the mo ), so this comes down to the IP of the brand of Rossi/s which is all the rage (i think a court would find it suspicious that another brand of ice cream maker in a similar area was using a name very similar to a more successful existing firm).

Won,t trading standards come in if teh product is faulty and not under the copy right issue ?

This has been going on for years,the rossi family sold the ice cream parlor to a posh bint and her dopey husband and carried on making ice cream.
Rizla what is your connection to all of this because you must have one.

This has been going on for years,the rossi family sold the ice cream parlor to a posh bint and her dopey husband and carried on making ice cream.
Rizla what is your connection to all of this because you must have one.

I promise you I have no connection whatever (Other than a life of devouring the stuff whenever I could - still got a 34" waist too)).

I have, however seen lots of old established companies disappear without trace over the years.

I just thought we should do our best to keep some of the more notable ones, if we can.

I promise you I have no connection whatever (Other than a life of devouring the stuff whenever I could - still got a 34" waist too)).

I have, however seen lots of old established companies disappear without trace over the years.

I just thought we should do our best to keep some of the more notable ones, if we can.

You're the one for me, Fatty! :smiles:

Back