• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

CC51DAS

President
Ok lets face it , its been a rotten Christmas with only one point when we might have hope for 7.

Yesterday's performance was quite frankly appalling . In fact it was the worst away display I have witnessed since , well , Swansea .

But on the positive side alot of our promotion challengers have also slipped up and we are only 3 points of the pace .

We need to rally behind the team , starting on Tuesday against a Brizzle Rovers team that will be ****-a-hoop after a 3-0 win yesterday . It is vital that we get January off to a flyer - maybe the new guy Scannel will get a run out and may add a bit of spark and provide a better service to the front two .

If we don't the boo boys will soon be in full voice and we will end up in a sea of negativity looking over our shoulders - some people on here are already using the 'R' word - so lets get behind the BLOOOOOOOOZ

That sounds like glossing over the subject?

We should be allowed to discuss our opinions on here, and actually comment on how **** things arem if we want...

That sounds like glossing over the subject?

We should be allowed to discuss our opinions on here, and actually comment on how **** things arem if we want...

Not denying you your right to make a point - not saying you don't have a point either - just saying that if we don't want the rest of our season to disintegrate into a sea of recrimination we need to put yesterday and the whole Christmas period behind us and give the team and the club our best support .

After all when things start getting difficult that is the time you need support most of all

Not denying you your right to make a point - not saying you don't have a point either - just saying that if we don't want the rest of our season to disintegrate into a sea of recrimination we need to put yesterday and the whole Christmas period behind us and give the team and the club our best support .

After all when things start getting difficult that is the time you need support most of all

Why should we give them support? When they can't be arsed to do their Job? Support is not what they need, (cotton wool effect) a swift kick up the backside is much more appropriate.

Why should we give them support? When they can't be arsed to do their Job? Support is not what they need, (cotton wool effect) a swift kick up the backside is much more appropriate.

I agree.Anyone who went to Donny could see some players trying harder than others.For me,Black needs to up his work-rate or find another club.Same applies to L Clarke.
Francis looked to be playing the whole game through with an injury,well done that man for wanting to stay on and compete.
We need to be digging in more away from home,not enough players willing to do that right now.
Hunty,ever heard of the term "overlap" ??

I suspect they may already have had that !!

Anyway I will read your further comments with interest when I get back later !

Hopefully T+B will deal with this and administer the kick up the ar5e to boot ( excuse the pun ) by making a number of changes for the starting team against B R

Difficult to know who he has to chose from but assuming that we have not retained Morgan, Che is still injured , as is Hammell ( or he's on his way )and that Scannel and LeonC are available and Richards has recovered from the flu

I would go with

Flahavan

Hunt Clarke Richards Barratt

Bailey Maher Macca Gower

LeonC MacDonald

Bench - Collis , Harrold , Scannel , Francis , Herd

If we do retain Morgan , then I'd give him a start and drop Gower to the bench . I also think that the choice is bit harsh on Francis who I thought did alright on Saturday - (especially as I don't particularly like barratt at left back) - but we have to bear in mind that LB is not Hunt's preferred position and he has performed pretty consistently this season at RB.

It is the management team's job to administer a kick up the ****. I mentioned to a couple of people at HT on Saturday I hoped that T&B would get the proverbial "hairdryer" out as it was severely needed.

However, as supporters, it is our job to (and it's not Rocket Science) SUPPORT - please refer to other various posts I've made on this topic since Saturday. As much as the team were a disgrace on Saturday, so were the vast majority of Southend fans in attendance.

I was as pi55ed off as anybody was having spent a lot of time, effort & cash to get to the game on Saturday and to be rewarded with such a dire display. However, I was prepared to keep cheering them on as Southend fans are renowned for, a shame hardly anybody else wanted to join in! The time to show your disapproval for the performance is after the game (I was just going to ignore their half-ar5ed show of appreciation but felt Charlie Mac was worth a round of applause at the end)! Expectations levels seem to now be too high amongst the majority of the support, I guess this needs to be kept in check before the atmosphere can return to games!

It is the management team's job to administer a kick up the ****. I mentioned to a couple of people at HT on Saturday I hoped that T&B would get the proverbial "hairdryer" out as it was severely needed.

However, as supporters, it is our job to (and it's not Rocket Science) SUPPORT - please refer to other various posts I've made on this topic since Saturday. As much as the team were a disgrace on Saturday, so were the vast majority of Southend fans in attendance.

I was as pi55ed off as anybody was having spent a lot of time, effort & cash to get to the game on Saturday and to be rewarded with such a dire display. However, I was prepared to keep cheering them on as Southend fans are renowned for, a shame hardly anybody else wanted to join in! The time to show your disapproval for the performance is after the game (I was just going to ignore their half-ar5ed show of appreciation but felt Charlie Mac was worth a round of applause at the end)! Expectations levels seem to now be too high amongst the majority of the support, I guess this needs to be kept in check before the atmosphere can return to games!

Me too - I spent well over £100 for this match and Swansea - and not a penny on beer as I was driving on both occasions .

FWIW - I tried to get a few '4-3 , we're gonna win 4-3' chants going but no-one seemed interested .

Me too - I spent well over £100 for this match and Swansea - and not a penny on beer as I was driving on both occasions .

FWIW - I tried to get a few '4-3 , we're gonna win 4-3' chants going but no-one seemed interested .

I was the mad idiot standing up when we got a corner after about an hour trying to get the "Come On Southend" chant going. I then had a couple of rants about "support the f**king team" but nobody was having it :(

drop maher, put bailey in middle (where he is most effective) and put scannel out wide.

Maybe . However Scannel won't have had much chance to train with our team yet and needs to adjust to this level . Maher did some good things on Saturday - including the little ball into the box which set up the cross for Charlie's goal and Bailey has been a bit subdued in the last two matches even tho he was playing central .If you leave out one of Maher Macca Bailey then Francis on the right is also an option - but please lets give Tommy Black a rest

Maybe . However Scannel won't have had much chance to train with our team yet and needs to adjust to this level . Maher did some good things on Saturday - including the little ball into the box which set up the cross for Charlie's goal and Bailey has been a bit subdued in the last two matches even tho he was playing central .If you leave out one of Maher Macca Bailey then Francis on the right is also an option - but please lets give Tommy Black a rest

bailey has to partner macca in middle and yer francis is not a bad shout either. dont think we wil get any where with maher playing.

Blimey, you are on the booze early.

Southend fans aren't known for supporting their team, they are known as a fickle lot who are quick to get on the back of the team, which is why visiting teams to Roots Hall are told to keep it tight for the first 10 or 15 minutes so that the home fans will turn on the home team.

Blimey, you are on the booze early.

Southend fans aren't known for supporting their team, they are known as a fickle lot who are quick to get on the back of the team, which is why visiting teams to Roots Hall are told to keep it tight for the first 10 or 15 minutes so that the home fans will turn on the home team.

Not as away fans though we're not! Which is the crux of my arguments I've got running on various threads!

Take Sheff Weds or Ipswich away last season when you sat near me & you'll know what I'm getting at! :p

Not as away fans though we're not! Which is the crux of my arguments I've got running on various threads!

Take Sheff Weds or Ipswich away last season when you sat near me & you'll know what I'm getting at! :p

That is true.....Gillingham was very quiet aswell which was a surprise given the number of people there stuck up on the scaffolding in the sunshine. :(

That is true.....Gillingham was very quiet aswell which was a surprise given the number of people there stuck up on the scaffolding in the sunshine. :(

Its hard to get a real atmosphere going in an open stand I was near the front and a few of us were singing down there but you can only really hear yourselves.

Its hard to get a real atmosphere going in an open stand I was near the front and a few of us were singing down there but you can only really hear yourselves.

There were sporadic bouts of singing from where I was at Gills as well. Any sound you attempt to make on open stands just tends to drift away.

It's probably an indication of our recent performances that the last few away game atmospheres have ben very muted, though.

There were sporadic bouts of singing from where I was at Gills as well. Any sound you attempt to make on open stands just tends to drift away.

It's probably an indication of our recent performances that the last few away game atmospheres have ben very muted, though.

So when the team needed our support the most, our support went missing. Typical.

Our fans don't deserve a team in the top half of the table. In terms of support we are a mid-table 4th division team.

Back