• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

J

The Chameleon
99.99% Of the people that read this post, need to sort themselves out.
We have absolute jokers on here, who think the booing and shouting at the players today was unjustified. I ask you, did you go to the game?
Today has shown, that the last 3 seasons, have really been a fluke.

I ****ing love tilson, so much! But he is not built for this at the moment. The stats do not lie, how many points over the holiday period? against teams we should have beat? 1.

Something isn't right at roots hall, for leon clarke to be ready to sign with an X on the contract, to leaving for personal terms? Hmmmm...

Tilly, will not and cannot attract a decent pedigree of footballer to this club. Let's not forget, Freddy didn't make southend, southend made him. But that was a gamble that paid.

Today, not one of the players was fit to wear that shirt. And yes, i did sing that. (TTS!!)

I love half that team, and i, as i'm sure many of you would, give one of my testicles to play 5 minutes for southend.

Today, no one was interested in playing in that team...

What honestly needs to happen -

Collis to be dropped - what have we got to lose? Other than another game?

Hunt - Utility player, a good sub, but hanging out of his **** after 10 minutes in the first half, no skill and no football brain, was at fault for the goal.

Barrett needs to take himself a side and have a word as well. Blue through, but lacking something at the moment.

A striker that can score needs to be signed now, with the money that ron's hiding.

Maher is now officially past it, sluggish, wasn't interested, and i counted at least 5 times lost possession in dangerous areas.

People, we need something to happen now. A clear out is needed, No wonder Richie F is loving at darlo, no wonder Hammels off. Tilson cannot handle this at the moment, i love him as much as anyone, but what is he gonna do with 6 games left and 3 wins to secure our place in the league. This is a real possibility.

The fans have every ****ing right to say what they want (within legal terms) as long as no racism etc, personal abuse then the players should be criticised vocally for the shower of ****e they are. And i will argue with anyone in the ground who thinks otherwise...

We are a sinking ship, and unless tilly finds the hole and plugs it, we are finished as a middle sized team in this religion we call football...

Last edited:
You make some fair points about some of the players. The squad needs a massive overhaul in the transfer window and with us having several home matches that we now need to pick points up in I really think this is the biggest month Tilly has ever had.

That said, I think some of the chants from the West today were a f**king disgrace and I don't care who knows it. Tilly got his tactics (if he had any) completely wrong today and that's where the fault was rather than Morgan, Hunt, McCormack or whoever else you want to be your scapegoat this week.

We have absolute jokers on here, who think the booing and shouting at the players today was unjustified. I ask you, did you go to the game?

I ****ing love tilson, so much! But he is not built for this at the moment. The stats do not lie, how many points over the holiday period? against teams we should have beat? 1.

Something isn't right at roots hall, for leon clarke to be ready to sign with an X on the contract, to leaving for personal terms? Hmmmm...

Tilly, will not and cannot attract a decent pedigree of footballer to this club. Let's not forget, Freddy didn't make southend, southend made him. But that was a gamble that paid.

Today, not one of the players was fit to wear that shirt. And yes, i did sing that. (TTS!!)

I love half that team, and i, as i'm sure many of you would, give one of my testicles to play 5 minutes for southend.

Hunt - Utility player, a good sub, but hanging out of his **** after 10 minutes in the first half, no skill and no football brain, was at fault for the goal.

Barrett needs to take himself a side and have a word as well. Blue through, but lacking something at the moment.

A striker that can score needs to be signed now, with the money that ron's hiding.

Maher is now officially past it, sluggish, wasn't interested, and i counted at least 5 times lost possession in dangerous areas.

People, we need something to happen now. A clear out is needed, No wonder Richie F is loving at darlo, no wonder Hammels off. Tilson cannot handle this at the moment, i love him as much as anyone, but what is he gonna do with 6 games left and 3 wins to secure our place in the league. This is a real possibility.

The fans have every ****ing right to say what they want (within legal terms) as long as no racism etc, personal abuse then the players should be criticised vocally for the shower of ****e they are. And i will argue with anyone in the ground who thinks otherwise...

We are a sinking ship, and unless tilly finds the hole and plugs it, we are finished as a middle sized team in this religion we call football...

Superb post James

You make some fair points about some of the players. The squad needs a massive overhaul in the transfer window and with us having several home matches that we now need to pick points up in I really think this is the biggest month Tilly has ever had.

That said, I think some of the chants from the West today were a f**king disgrace and I don't care who knows it. Tilly got his tactics (if he had any) completely wrong today and that's where the fault was rather than Morgan, Hunt, McCormack or whoever else you want to be your scapegoat this week.

Certainly not Macca, because everytime he pulls on that shirt he seems to be hungry for success, we wouldn't do much wrong with appointing alan mac captain.

Certainly not Macca, because everytime he pulls on that shirt he seems to be hungry for success, we wouldn't do much wrong with appointing alan mac captain.

The guy cannot control his agression. The reason he was so poor today was because he was trying so hard not to get sent-off given recent discipline problems that he went completely the other way and lost the edge that makes him such an asset to our squad.

He needs to find a fine balance and soon, because his performance today was worse than anonymous.

The last half hour he was probably the best player on the pitch. You can't fault his effort either as he looked like he'd run himself into the ground by that stage.

The last half hour he was probably the best player on the pitch. You can't fault his effort either as he looked like he'd run himself into the ground by that stage.

Agreed when he actually stayed out right for the 20 minutes or so we looked better, he was getting sucked into the middle quite alot before that.

Agreed. Macca towards the end, playing out of position lets remember, AB & Bailey for me are the only ones to come out of today as the real triers. Clarkey was ok & Collis had nothing to do but the rest were nowhere near good enough in either ability or committment. Pah!

Maher couldn't control his mouth for season after season but it didn't stop people demanding his automatic inclusion as captain every week. At least Macca's discipline problems are generally related to the ball rather than something that happened 30 mins before as with Capt Crab.

Agreed accept: I think Collis is as good as Darryl just has different qualities.

I agree accept: I think Collis is as good as Darryl just that they have different qualities.

Whilst I agree everyone has the right to express their opinion, to pick on Hunt and Collis today was out of order when others on the pitch deserved critcism more than them! Gower imparticular.

There is criticism and then there is outright abuse.

Criticism is fine, abuse isn't. There were so many examples today of people just abusing our players. Certainly saying things they'd never say to their face. We've one guy in the South Stand who relishes to prospect of Harrold coming on so he can "rip into him". Pray tell me, what is the point in that? How is that going to improve the team. People shouting "Flavs" at Collis, why? The wholesale booing of Morgan, who just got worse and is probably relieved to be going somewhere else next week. Even AB came in for some stick which was frankly ridiculous.

It was the same on Saturday where Hunt, (who was dreadful) was called every "F" and "C" under sun. I am sure he felt really good about that.

Just because I pay £20 does not give me the right to hurl abuse at anyone.

I'm in a od postion on this one. Lord Football's post is true and concur wholeheartedly.

I disagree with some of what J wrote, but for the first time on here somebody has explained their opinion with evidence and i accept that. I agree with a lot that is said in the post, bar the bit about abuse at the bottom.

Can't agree with this. As anyone knows who has played football knows confidence is a massive contributing factor to a good performance. The players know when they do something wrong, OK we all moan but then slagging them off only serves to make them more tense which causes the downward spiral of poor balls due to the lack of confidence to try something.

Todays performance was dire - against mediocre opposition but we still have to keep behind the team. How would all the posters on here feel if they were at work and all the other people were chanting for someone else to do their job?

We need to get out of this bad patch but the nerves showed today with the number of bad balls straight to the opposition and nobody having the confidence to try a shot from outside the box. Likewise long high balls to McDonald will never work plus a midfield that plays alongside the defence doesn't make for goalscoring.

The new signing Scannell was sitting in the Directors box today - I wonder how he feels now he's had first hand experience of the "supporters". I just hope he gets a decent chance before the boo boys start on him.

It is reckoned that 50 points will keep you out of relegation that means we still need 17 more. Not looking a gimme at present

clap clap clap.

what a post. put into writing exactly what i was thinking. i think we need a clear out to. some players just aren't good enough or just don't want to play. this needs to happen as soon as possible.

I thought in general the "support" today was quite good given the recent form and results from the team. there was a period of massive frustration in the second half and yes, there will always be idiots who single out players no matter what, but on the whole the crowd got behind the team for most of the match and tried to encourage without getting anything in return

Back