• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Then they could be run by the Unions and spend 3 weeks out of 4 on strike, and we could have power cuts and.....................................

Or you could have a railway that was decently priced and run for customers rather than shareholders. Where billions are paid to lazy, useless contractors and nobody gets fined when work is;

a) Dangerously incomplete.
b) Ludicrously over budget and over time.

Where you could do maintenance without companies like Virgin sticking their nose in and cancelling it because they want to run trains 24hrs a day. Where the workforce have no morale due to an incompetent board that give it more spin than the dark days of Labour.

British Rail was far from perfect, but the current system is an absolute joke and more public money goes into NR than ever went into BR, not to mention how many fat Tory scumbags made a killing in Privatisation.

if immigration is so good for this country?? why are the goverment trying to deter people from entering our borders ?ie making recent rules in an attempt to stem the tide.

people with young kids have my sympathy as these children will have little future with either job training or learning any trade,if they are lucky they may obtain work in one of the fine fast food eateries.

british people are leaving this country in record numbers,taking their wealth and skills and being replaced with persons who have no skill thus will always earn low wages which in turn means less revenues

can anyone explain the following?

the council tax has risen sharply in the last 4/5 years its seems unlucky these massive increases have coincided with mass influx.

the council tax has risen sharply in the last 4/5 years its seems unlucky these massive increases have coincided with mass influx.

Teh invested it for quick returns in Iclandic bonds. also its over blowen with local quangos and people employed just to fill holes and get money.

I.e poor managment

Teh invested it for quick returns in Iclandic bonds. also its over blowen with local quangos and people employed just to fill holes and get money.

I.e poor managment

not sure if your reply is in jest?

lets go back to early 2000 where young british persons were on the council waiting list for many many years,with councils nationwide explaining the housing stock is very limited.

2003 and onwards suddenly the councils can find properties for vast amounts of people ie renting from private landlords at between £600 to £1100 per month,the said councils have to by law pay these rents and if we do the following basic math

1 family claims £800 per monthe in rent = £9600 per year
10 familes=£96,000 per year
100 families =£960,000 per year
1000 families = £9,600,000 per year

its not rocket science

1000 familes = 1000 more council tax bills?

Far too simplistic to blame immigration for all of societies ills - but they're the easy target especially for a lazy media that can't think outside of stereotypes and scaremongering headlines.

not sure if your reply is in jest?

lets go back to early 2000 where young british persons were on the council waiting list for many many years,with councils nationwide explaining the housing stock is very limited.

2003 and onwards suddenly the councils can find properties for vast amounts of people ie renting from private landlords at between £600 to £1100 per month,the said councils have to by law pay these rents and if we do the following basic math

1 family claims £800 per monthe in rent = £9600 per year
10 familes=£96,000 per year
100 families =£960,000 per year
1000 families = £9,600,000 per year

its not rocket science

Go back further original sell off of council houses to residents and then wholsale to property developers. Later co-habitation with said developers and local councils ensures nice profits for all.

A society is made to look after the individual , it works or dies dependent apon each and every individuals contributions and change , as history shows this involves the migration of peoples between socities and of course contries .

Or you could have a railway that was decently priced and run for customers rather than shareholders. Where billions are paid to lazy, useless contractors and nobody gets fined when work is;

a) Dangerously incomplete.
b) Ludicrously over budget and over time.

Where you could do maintenance without companies like Virgin sticking their nose in and cancelling it because they want to run trains 24hrs a day. Where the workforce have no morale due to an incompetent board that give it more spin than the dark days of Labour.

British Rail was far from perfect, but the current system is an absolute joke and more public money goes into NR than ever went into BR, not to mention how many fat Tory scumbags made a killing in Privatisation.

I used to use the trains in the 70’s and they were rubbish. Dirty, overcrowded, always late and often on strike. The “Tory scumbags” were given an opportunity to make money and they took it but that’s ancient history now so you have to move on. Whats the cause of the NR problems? Bad management? People on the take? Or is it just de-motivated staff who can't be bothered to put the extra effort in?

1000 familes = 1000 more council tax bills?

Far too simplistic to blame immigration for all of societies ills - but they're the easy target especially for a lazy media that can't think outside of stereotypes and scaremongering headlines.

why is it far too simplistic?

do you honestly believe that the many millions who have settled here recently all have well paid jobs to support rent/food ect.

I used to use the trains in the 70’s and they were rubbish. Dirty, overcrowded, always late and often on strike. The “Tory scumbags” were given an opportunity to make money and they took it but that’s ancient history now so you have to move on. Whats the cause of the NR problems? Bad management? People on the take? Or is it just de-motivated staff who can't be bothered to put the extra effort in?

Yeah, they took your money. The money you sweated for they creamed off the top for their 3rd/4th/5th house. You already owned BR as its was a public asset.

Steveo I could give you a long involved post on why the railway is such a terrible state. I'm facing having a 23yr old graduate as a boss because his face fits yet he's going to rely on me or he's going to get eaten alive.

Yes, terrible management. Management that thinks the best way to motivate staff is to constantly reorganise them. To offer them a job in Milton Keynes when they live in Kent or Sussex. When we get a bonus of £800 the top brass get £250,000 and for what exactly?

why is it far too simplistic?

do you honestly believe that the many millions who have settled here recently all have well paid jobs to support rent/food ect.

Yes I do believe the vast majority have jobs. The jobs that you and I don't want to do: Cleaning toilets, plucking chickens, picking fruit,working the late night shift in hotels and bars - but in no way are they "well paid".

When we get a bonus of £800 the top brass get £250,000 and for what exactly?
Cos they are the top brass MK. You need to get to the top, lol.

Must be pretty soul destroying working for something that is so badly run. I suppose the top blokes are all interested in making themselves secure ad it goes down the line form there. Sounds like a new man is required at the highest level. Can you give them Irate Ians number?

Yes I do believe the vast majority have jobs. The jobs that you and I don't want to do: Cleaning toilets, plucking chickens, picking fruit,working the late night shift in hotels and bars - but in no way are they "well paid".

my point exactly

we all know the cost of renting private property is expensive and the jobs you mentioned will give these people a possible net weekly pay of £200? which again we know would be impossible to rent and buy food for the family and if they run a car.

so the authorities step in with hand outs

my point exactly

we all know the cost of renting private property is expensive and the jobs you mentioned will give these people a possible net weekly pay of £200? which again we know would be impossible to rent and buy food for the family and if they run a car.

so the authorities step in with hand outs

Or the live in a big shared house like the lovely Polish people in my street who work hard, never cause a problem and are nice and polite.

Counteract that with the British born family who are on benefits, the house constantly stinks of dope, the 17yr old has just given birth and has no idea who the father is and are an absolute nightmare and (used to at least) play music until the early hours and threaten people with violence who ask them to turn it down.

I'd rather live in a street full of the former than the latter thanks.

in fact i have 7 people from the eastern region(cannot remember the countries name but its the same place where "hostel" originated from)living next door to us,you are indeed correct they all chip in with the rent which is £1200 per month.

they are very nice polite hard working lads and lasses and i have no complaints against them at all.

however how do the familes ie mum dad and kids survive on low income?

Strange how that works. When I was in Krakow last year, the locals were saying they have massive problems with the youth which are largely down to drugs and drink. We seem to have the same problem with some of our English youth but foreigners dont seem to be as bad.

Strange how that works. When I was in Krakow last year, the locals were saying they have massive problems with the youth which are largely down to drugs and drink. We seem to have the same problem with some of our English youth but foreigners dont seem to be as bad.

I guess they're motivated to get off their arses and seek a better life.

You want to visit Fraserburgh in North East Scotland......most of the town is a no go area for British people unless you want to get a beating form the gangs of Polish guys that walk the streets

There's a simple solution for this:

The compulsory serving of asparagus at breakfast and free corsets for the under fives.

Back