• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fantastic final.

Proctor just pipped for gold with the last jump.

Absolute star is Schippers, especially as she has only just started dedicating herself to sprinting

I see there is very much a trend for female sprinters to doll themselves up like they are off on a night out. The days of Jarmila Kratochvílová are long gone!

You won't see the like of Mo again, that's for sure. Fantastic runner. Shame about those Quorn ads though. And he's an alumnus from my uni.

I've only just happened across these - three articles from The New Yorker discussing the recent worlds. This link is th the third one, as that also has links through to parts one and two.

If you like track and field, you'll really enjoy these

http://www.newyorker.com/news/sporting-scene/the-most-awesome-female-runner-in-the-world

The secondhand pot-smoke inhalation slowed me by about three seconds a lap.

M: That’s the Brooklyn version of running at altitude.

:smile:

Enjoyed that. will read the first two parts later.

In part one, the 'Kipsang number' is a frightening thought! Gladwell can do an 18 minute 5k, so is clearly no slowcoach.

Yeah definitely, he's clearly hugely passionate about running and T&F (as well as lots of other things - big Gladwell fan)

I like the idea of finding the fair distance for a Bolt vs Farah show down. I think 600m feels about right.

Back