• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

World Athletics Championships

Frightening. The guy is only 22 as well! By the time he retires he could set records that will last for 50 years or more, and have 20 gold medals.

Slightly dissapointing to hear him say that he wont be doing BOTH next time around and will just concentrate on just one event, be it the 100 or 200 metres!

Kev

Slightly dissapointing to hear him say that he wont be doing BOTH next time around and will just concentrate on just one event, be it the 100 or 200 metres!

Kev

That is a shame....Id like to see him have a go at the 400m as well to really ensure his legendary status!

I think Bolt just mentioned it as an option, he didn't seem to definitely rule it out. To be honest his training and build up has been stop start and he's had an operation on his foot... so it's understandable he might be a bit sore and tired.

Agree that it would be amazing to see him go for the 400m, maybe at the expense of the 100m. Perhaps he'll try that shift later in his career though

tish, you chaps need to lighten up, its nice to see a mascot getting involved a bit rather than walking around like a cliché just shaking a couple of kids hands

No, he is simply annoying. I can imagine him being funny if you're about 10 years old ... but other than that, i dont think so!!

Rodríguez had to go; I called it in-running, a blatant bit of cheating. She knew and the crowd did too.

By the way, how dappy is Dobriskey? I get the impression you couldn't spend more than thirty seconds with her before wanting to hit her over the head. Well done on the silver though.

Cracking race there by the 4x400m relay boys, we really do have a great tradition in that race.

So six medals in all, an excellent return for Great Britain. In fact, an excellent World Championships overall; the most enjoyable one I can remember.

The best I can remember was Tokyo in 1991, particularly in relation to our 4 400 lads. Got to agree that ****ing bear apart this has been a great spectacle, and a probably better than expected result for the British team. Now let's bring the Ashes home.

The best I can remember was Tokyo in 1991, particularly in relation to our 4 400 lads. Got to agree that ****ing bear apart this has been a great spectacle, and a probably better than expected result for the British team. Now let's bring the Ashes home.

Tokyo '91 did of course have 'that' long jump duel between Powell and Leiws as well, which was superb. Not necessarily disagreeing re 1991, but in terms of highlights from Berlin, there have been so many:

• Usain Bolt
  • Isinbayeva crashing and burning
  • Kenenisa Bekele doing the double again
  • Jessica Ennis announcing herself as a truly world class athlete
  • WR in the women's hammer
  • Robert Harting going mental after winning the men's discus
  • Jamaica's overall dominance in the sprints

Back