• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

But 18 months ago we couldn't pay our players. Now, not only can we pay them, we can carry a fairly big squad, and we seem to be able to afford small transfer fees. What is going on?

18 months ago we had players on big contracts on long term deals. Now we have players on much smaller wages on short-term deals (giving out 1 year contracts with an option for a second has happened quite a lot since Sturrock and Tara has come in).

Tara and Stuart...thats what happened

And what does that mean to the club? When/if the stadium is built how will SUFC be self sufficient? With the continued bail out from sainsburys, Tara or A N Other what are the implications? Who are we actually racking the debt up with? How are we more stable than 18 months ago? The list goes on. I keep being told TB is our saviour and yet no one actually knows how or why?

We are going off topic here chaps..maybe a new thread for these "Other" questions?

Will Tara be the saviour or not the saviour? Who knows. I guess we'll find out one of these days. Don't you think?:winking:

Besides I thought some members on here believe that things are running smoothly anyway at the Club so I guess there is your answer?:stunned: Oh if you know the people who say the Club is hunky dory thus claiming there are too many conspiraciesand made-up stories ask them their sources. Then insist how knowledgable they really are? Will their be a saviour anytime soon - ask my people(sources). Some of us have'em some of us haven't. I know which I have:winking:

And to monies owing to Uncle Ron for the rent for Roots Hall and the training ground £502,000 a year. 400,000 for Roots and 102,000 for the training ground. Which Ron has said at the AGM he will not ask for, but it remains in the accounts as owing !!
A number of years supposedly owing .

Not sure we need anymore players in now after latest signings.
Promotion will be ours this season, hopefully automatically now.:smile:

Isn't there still a question for another left back? Did anyone hear anything more about the un-named defender who was supposed to play for us against West Ham? Do I presume correctly that, now we have signed Baldwin, we will not be signing Fortune?
Questions, questions, questions.......

Isn't there still a question for another left back? Did anyone hear anything more about the un-named defender who was supposed to play for us against West Ham? Do I presume correctly that, now we have signed Baldwin, we will not be signing Fortune?

..... and unfortunately, no answers yet.

Well here we are folks.

Will we get anymore in? Will any leave?

We'll know by 11pm...

Cant see why we would sign another centre back, with Phillips , Barker and Baldwin we have 3 good defenders with Prosser and Moshni for cover. Unless it was a loan fro free would we want to be spending even more wages there ?

If we keep hold of our players I would actually say Thanks and Well done to Mr Martin. Credit where it is due.

Back