• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jon Shaw is prolific. But I've seen him linked with a couple of League Two clubs in the last few days.

Why on earth would you do that?

Because he should take ultimate responsibility for our failures, and the credit when we're doing well. Whilst Tara has injected cash (I think) and seems to be a good CE who's running the club well, RM recognised that things probably weren't working with him trying to organise FF and run the club, so he did well in bringing Tara (and his bags of cash) in.

Because he should take ultimate responsibility for our failures, and the credit when we're doing well. Whilst Tara has injected cash (I think) and seems to be a good CE who's running the club well, RM recognised that things probably weren't working with him trying to organise FF and run the club, so he did well in bringing Tara (and his bags of cash) in.

Thank you!

Precisely. If we lost our top players you can bet that some would be blaming martin, whether it's his fault or not.

Quite nice to not be worrying about having to get players in at the last minute. Kudos to Luggy and the board for getting players in early.

BUT there must be a serious concern for our wage bill. Benyon, Martin, Baldwin, these players will not be on cheap wages. We have not managed to ship a single player out on permanent deal, this must be a concern. Loans are ok, but do the likes of Thurrock and Gt Wakerign Rovers really pay any of the wages for Nesbit, Asante?

Yeah ok........:nope:

Quite nice to not be worrying about having to get players in at the last minute. Kudos to Luggy and the board for getting players in early.

BUT there must be a serious concern for our wage bill. Benyon, Martin, Baldwin, these players will not be on cheap wages. We have not managed to ship a single player out on permanent deal, this must be a concern. Loans are ok, but do the likes of Thurrock and Gt Wakerign Rovers really pay any of the wages for Nesbit, Asante?

Sturrock made some comment the other day about how getting Paterson off of the wagebill had been a big help. Now I'm not sure how we have managed to get Paterson off of the wagebill but his wages would likely cover a couple of the signings.

We've got a huge squad and I'm as curious about how the wagebill is being maintained as anyone, but in the context of this Club's recent history the wagebill will still be relatively small. It's just been spent a bit better.

Yeah ok........:nope:

I think the picture you probably wanted is...

Spoiler:  
spazz.gif

Anyway, do you not think that Martin deserves some credit for having the kahunas to admit that it wasn't working, and stepping out of the limelight and getting someone in who could do a better job?

I think the picture you probably wanted is...

Spoiler:  

Anyway, do you not think that Martin deserves some credit for having the kahunas to admit that it wasn't working, and stepping out of the limelight and getting someone in who could do a better job?

*sits on hands*

Back