• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sky are now saying that Posh have made a new bid of £1.9m for Barnett and McFadzean. Crawley have put a statement on their site saying that no players will be leaving today.

Sky are now saying that Posh have made a new bid of £1.9m for Barnett and McFadzean. Crawley have put a statement on their site saying that no players will be leaving today.

....unless Evans gets a little brown envelope filled with paper printed by the offices of the Bank of England

That would just be too good to be true..... Barry Fry and Steve Evans dealing with each other...... blimey... I dread to think what might happen behind closed doors!!!

Crawley did recently accept a £900,000 bid for the striker from fellow Championship rivals Blackpool, but Barnett couldn't agree personal terms with The Tangerines.

What? he couldnt agree terms with a Championship side!? What an idiot.....

If they accepted it then why is he not for sale now ?

If crawley were to sell those two they would have made nearly 3 million in the window. Crikey.

If Crawley were to sell the other two and have takings of close to 3M, could this be the moment the backers choose to cut and run.
I imagine that taking the 3M would be a mark up of maybe 40% on the investment, which is not a bad rate of return in 2 years , take the initial investment + profit then sell the club whilst they are top of league two , seems a fairly good business option

I thought money was no object in terms of Crawley? It was all going to come crashing down around their ears at some point, maybe that point is closer than we thought if they are entertaining offers for their star players with promotion a probability.

Couldn't happen to a nicer club, I take no delight at all in seeing their team dismantled..... :smile:

Back