• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It seems that MM has in effect been replaced already ...

or is it that RM has simply joined his team of assistants -

not good signs.

The whole thing has Ron's fingerprints all over it Mccormack, Hart, Eastwood, Barnard, Freedman, Barratt etc. Not much success there? Classic case of interference
For clarification I am highlighting the return of Lee, Adam and Freddy not their highly successful earlier spells.
Agree with most of the others but how was Barratt's return not a success? He was a big part of our League 2 run of wins at the end of the season, keeping 7 clean sheets in a row for us, and he started for us in all 3 playoff matches.

Spinner and edwards too.

Freddy wasnt bad on his return.

It can work so shouldnt be ruled out, its a lot to do with character, precisely the reason why this one shouldnt happen.

Last edited:
Not to start the MM agenda again because I have been enjoying the *slight* progress we have been making but does Molesley actually have a say in transfers?

From what I gather Ron had big influence in signing Sam Hart, Macca and Akinola. Now we're being conveniently linked with Mohsni.

MMs only singings are Kyle Taylor, ANG, Hobson and Sterling.

Olayinka was actually done to Ricky Duncans credit, due to his close contacts at Arsenal. MM even admitted at much himself.

Not sure where I am going with this, but something very worrying that our transfer policy is mainly being conducted by Ron. I pray to God that MM isnt a yes man that will roll over.

Agree with most of the others but how was Barratt's return not a success? He was a big part of our League 2 run of wins at the end of the season, keeping 7 clean sheets in a row for us, and he started for us in all 3 playoff matches.

Re: Adam Barratt, I was referring to his fallout with Brown, his last days with us didn't end well.

Normally I keep my tabs in my own pocket, a sad state of affairs that the club is in such a parlous position that we can't be trusted with them and need to enlist someone on the outside to carry them around for us.

Not to start the MM agenda again because I have been enjoying the *slight* progress we have been making but does Molesley actually have a say in transfers?

From what I gather Ron had big influence in signing Sam Hart, Macca and Akinola. Now we're being conveniently linked with Mohsni.

MMs only singings are Kyle Taylor, ANG, Hobson and Sterling.

Olayinka was actually done to Ricky Duncans credit, due to his close contacts at Arsenal. MM even admitted at much himself.

Not sure where I am going with this, but something very worrying that our transfer policy is mainly being conducted by Ron. I pray to God that MM isnt a yes man that will roll over.

Interesting. Where did you get them from on the Olayinka and Akinola signings?

Interesting. Where did you get them from on the Olayinka and Akinola signings?

MM when Olayinka was signed kept saying stuff like that "got to to thank the 'team' here for that one" "He's been well identified to us"

So I then asked around to a fellow on here and someone else who I know associated with the club and had it confirmed that Ricky Duncan pulled in a favour at Arsenal.

For Simeon Akinola, Ron knows his agent very well. (Hence the persistent Darren Currie rumours for Southends last two manager vacancys) Both have done work with Catalyst Sports Management

I know a few players who played with Bilel said he was the best player they had ever played with.
I remember that being said by a lot of our players.technically he was/is very gifted and he certainly didn’t used to be bullied of the ball.

I appreciate I am saying this with rose tinted glasses, and I have no idea of how fit he is but,
In matches where we have only been trailing by one goal with 10 mins left, I would have been very happy to have seen bilel come on as CF and told to “cause havoc “.
Even if he was fit and playing close to the top of his game,we know he is going to xxxx up. The question is how many matches do we get until that happens and is is worth the risk.

mid we had bilel at his best in any match this season either plying up front , at the back on out wide (NOT centre mid) we would have done better or MUCH better IMO.

i would love for him to return and for it to be a master stroke but deep downI know that both points are unlikely.

however- we have all been surprised before by certain signings so who knows.

it is fast approaching the point where we need a miracle to survive

One of the most exciting players we’ve had in my whole time supporting Southend. If we ever got half of the player we had before then it’s a huge improvement on what we currently have.

Get him back! Cannot understand why people got so annoyed over the idea of him returning.

Back