• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kent Shrimper

Mike Reid
Im sure most people received an email from ron but if you didnt here it is, basically we need one final show of support for the stadium as the inquiry comes to an end on the 16th

Dear Andy

Last week I wrote to you with a request of support by e-mailing the Government Office.

There has been an overwhelming response and the Government Office has advised that hundreds of e-mails have been received. Some have been copied to me personally to which I will respond shortly.

Firstly I wish to thank all of you for once again demonstrating to the decision makers how important the new stadium is to our Club. The Inquiry stopped “sitting” at the end of last week but will re-adjourn on next Tuesday 16th October for closing speeches. The Club’s Barrister (Christopher Lockhart-Mummery QC) will commence the Club’s case at 2.00pm in the Council Chamber.

It would be wonderful if we could gather in numbers this one last time to leave everyone in no doubt of our serious intent.

I know, once again, that Tuesday is a work and school day for the majority but if you can make yourself available – in colours – to march to the Civic Centre (or gather there) to just listen to the closing statement as a final show of support for your Club.

Let’s push this over the line and make Southend proud!

You can park at Roots Hall and will need to be ready to leave at 1.30pm. The Inquiry will close at about 3.30pm.

Just two hours of your time could mean so much.

All the Players and Management – Steve Tilson, Paul Brush and the backroom staff – plus Directors and of course I will be there also.

Please try and make it - I look forward to seeing as many of you as possible.

Thank you and Up the Blues!!

Also on the OS
http://www.southendunited.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewStadiumDetail/0,,10444~1133078,00.html

Last edited:
Shame this was not last Tuesday...

But Anyone whos on the Rock and roll I 110% stress u go and support this last push....

WE ALL MARCH TOGETHER

we ALL need this to get the go ahead to keep up with the Ipswich and Norwich as they say ..... SOUTHEND UNITED FC HAVE MASSIVE POTENTIAL mark my words.....

SAY YES TO THE NEW STADIUM

HAPPY DAYS :) :) :)

If you cannot get off work, just phone in sick (pretend to be ill) then you will be at Civic Centre to show your support, if we get 200+ fans there, that would be fanastic.

Double Post Please Delete

Last edited:
There has been an overwhelming response and the Government Office has advised that hundreds of e-mails have been received. Some have been copied to me personally to which I will respond shortly.

What, as in Uncle Ron is going to email individual people as a thank you or collate the ones that impressed him & send out a generic email much like tonight's one?

Nice to see there's been a decent quanitity of emails sent to the government office. Shame I can't get there on Tuesday but I'm sure we'll muster up a hundred or so supporters for the cause...

The Club’s Barrister (Christopher Lockhart-Mummery QC) will commence the Club’s case at 2.00pm in the Council Chamber.

It would be wonderful if we could gather in numbers this one last time to leave everyone in no doubt of our serious intent.

I know, once again, that Tuesday is a work and school day for the majority but if you can make yourself available – in colours – to march to the Civic Centre (or gather there) to just listen to the closing statement as a final show of support for your Club.

Let’s push this over the line and make Southend proud!

You can park at Roots Hall and will need to be ready to leave at 1.30pm. The Inquiry will close at about 3.30pm.

Just two hours of your time could mean so much.

All the Players and Management – Steve Tilson, Paul Brush and the backroom staff – plus Directors and of course I will be there also.

All the players ? That's just when the reserves are kicking off !

we ALL need this to get the go ahead to keep up with the Ipswich and Norwich as they say ..... SOUTHEND UNITED FC HAVE MASSIVE POTENTIAL mark my words.....

SAY YES TO THE NEW STADIUM

HAPPY DAYS :) :) :)

Sadly we even need this to keep up with Colchester. Driving up the A12 this week, saw the shell of their new ground going up. Thinking about it, judging by their standards, it's probably finished.

The Club’s Barrister (Christopher Lockhart-Mummery QC)

An expensive choice, but with good experience

High profile court cases
12/08/06 Judicial Review sought by Fladgate Fielder regarding Westminster Council's Decision to grant planning consent to a Land Sec project.
28/03/06 High Court in Belfast hears Sprucefield challenge
Planning and transport cases in the House of Lords include Bromley v GLC ("fares fair"), Westminster v BWB, Westminster v Great Portland Estates and Tesco Stores v Secretary of State.

Court cases
11/07/07 High Court rejects challenge to Secretary of State’s decision not to call-in an application for urban extension
R v. Flintshire County Council ex p. Somerfield Stores Ltd (1998)

Inquiries
Dukeminster Quarter, Dunstable (2007)
2005 Liverpool Pathfinder CPO
Recent planning cases include the Kensington and Chelsea UDP, D5 in Belfast, the ICI site at Avonmouth, Blue Circle's cement works for the South-East region, Upper Heyford airbase and Chelsea FC's training academy.

2003 - Proposal for the site of Britain’s Olympic Bid
June 2003 – July 2003 Redevelopment of Ascot Racecourse
August 2002 – July 2003 New Stadium for Arsenal FC
He has acted for a wide range of major commercial developers, housebuilders, retailers, and infrastructure providers. Clients have included HMG (Channel Tunnel), London Transport (Docklands Light Railway and London Underground lines), many local authorities, retailers (such as J Sainsbury, Safeway, Waitrose, Westfield Shoppingtowns) and football clubs (Sunderland, Chelsea, Arsenal & Fulham).

Sadly we even need this to keep up with Colchester. Driving up the A12 this week, saw the shell of their new ground going up. Thinking about it, judging by their standards, it's probably finished.

Is it that close to the A12 then? Whereabouts exactly, the north side of Colchester near the A120 turnoff for Harwich?

An expensive choice, but with good experience

High profile court cases
12/08/06 Judicial Review sought by Fladgate Fielder regarding Westminster Council's Decision to grant planning consent to a Land Sec project.
28/03/06 High Court in Belfast hears Sprucefield challenge
Planning and transport cases in the House of Lords include Bromley v GLC ("fares fair"), Westminster v BWB, Westminster v Great Portland Estates and Tesco Stores v Secretary of State.

Court cases
11/07/07 High Court rejects challenge to Secretary of State’s decision not to call-in an application for urban extension
R v. Flintshire County Council ex p. Somerfield Stores Ltd (1998)

Inquiries
Dukeminster Quarter, Dunstable (2007)
2005 Liverpool Pathfinder CPO
Recent planning cases include the Kensington and Chelsea UDP, D5 in Belfast, the ICI site at Avonmouth, Blue Circle's cement works for the South-East region, Upper Heyford airbase and Chelsea FC's training academy.

2003 - Proposal for the site of Britain’s Olympic Bid
June 2003 – July 2003 Redevelopment of Ascot Racecourse
August 2002 – July 2003 New Stadium for Arsenal FC
He has acted for a wide range of major commercial developers, housebuilders, retailers, and infrastructure providers. Clients have included HMG (Channel Tunnel), London Transport (Docklands Light Railway and London Underground lines), many local authorities, retailers (such as J Sainsbury, Safeway, Waitrose, Westfield Shoppingtowns) and football clubs (Sunderland, Chelsea, Arsenal & Fulham).

How many has he won though?

Back