• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Prodigal Son

Manager
Dear SUFC,

I am posting this open letter because whenever I have emailed the club over the years I have never received a reply. I am a season card holder with my young son in the West Stand and was appalled at the lack of segregation on offer at today's match with West Ham, and consequently found myself surroundered by away fans despite being seated in our usual position. It made for an unpleasant and uncomfortable match day experience. I think the very least I can expect is to watch the match without regretting that my son was wearing his new navy blue home shirt sitting in his usual seat.

There were a series of distracting and unsavoury incidents in the West Stand throughout the match and we subsequently left the match early to get away from the undercurrent of violence.

I am not in denial that South East Essex is hugely populated with West Ham fans but why not go to greater efforts to segregate them?

I had planned to introduce the club to another young boy and his mother today but, thankfully, they could not make it as I would have been ashamed for them to witness today's proceedings.

I also recognise that the club is a business and do not expect the people that manage the club to have even remotely any emotional attachment, and on that basis I am glad that 9,500 paying £20 a ticket was a real money-spinner. However,taking a business view,just how much all round damage did you do to the franchise and the SUFC brand today to make a quick buck?

Stop for a moment, consider today's proceedings in the West Stand (some are not coming back),we were the only season card holders there today in an area normally 99% populated by SC holders,and you choose to play a Centenary Match against our most disliked opposition in our 101st year (correct me if I am wrong) despite announcing that the May Ball concluded our 'celebrations'.

With hindsight, many had the good sense to boycott today's match but for those who backed the club by turning up (in the West Stand) today I think you owe them an apology and a potential refund. Please don't take the fans for granted again.

I don't publicise my surname on a public site like ShrimperZone but I understand this site is monitored by club personnel and you can easily reach me if you want to discuss any of the contents of this letter.

Check me out: two season card holders,my son is a Junior Bluesmember, does the soccer courses and the club shop tell me I am their best customer as I buy stuff to send to people around the world who have become fans. What I am saying is I would not whinge for the sake of it. Today was a bad day at the SUFC 'office'.

David (Prodigal Son).

good post. i was also considering doing the same thing. i was sitting amonsgt 20-30 spammer heads and felt the match which was meant to our celebration of 100 years was completely ruined.

Are you sure you're not from Tunbridge Wells?

;)

Again, no idea what you mean about Tunbridge Wells, but days like today could turn kids away from the game forever, I am going to make a wild guess and say you have not got kids, but when you are a parent you get all kind of protective,and don't see why I have to be like that in the West Stand of all places.

Good post there fella , i was in the west stand today with a big bunch of pals all between the age of 25-40 and saw mainly everything that went on today.
Now the fact i stated our age was that little scuffles in pubs and clubs never really tend to bother our group, but when your sitting next to a family and they are generally terrified it doesn't make easy viewing.

I can't really see a solution as to stop away fans that live within the london area purchasing tickets in the home end as how would the club now that this is going on ????

I seems to me that unfortunatly in todays society there is a element of individuals that are hell bent on causing trouble and they don't care who gets caught up in it.

The way people reacted today could of been a little over the top as yes it was a friendly and i did expect a few spammers to creep there way into our end , but the stewards dealt with it quite promptly and for once should get a little praise.
I hope that the club respond to your letter and i hope it hasn't caused you not to bring littlelens along again as that would be a shame , don't let a few mindless human beings spoil what is a passion for most of us .

It was hardly surprising there were West Ham fans in the home ends, but even so I was surprised at just how many.

In the East Blacks Id say nearly 50% were West Ham fans, when we scored it was like we were the away fans.

Unfortunately the bunch of West Ham fans behind us lived up to every single stereotype portrayed on here in recent weeks.

Arrogant patronising idiots basically. All they kept on about was every time we shot about how many balls we must get through. Unless Im mistaken they smashed one over the South Stand and Zamora missing an empty goal from a yard out was hardly showing a gulf in finishing...

prodigal son is making a perfectly valid point about his day today and its actually pretty serious and after he posts you come back with sly and stupid coments that don't really make much sense. take a look at yourself mate

prodigal son is making a perfectly valid point about his day today and its actually pretty serious and after he posts you come back with sly and stupid coments that don't really make much sense. take a look at yourself mate

To be fair you're doing just as much to keep the comments going by responding

Should I be crying? I ceased reading the comments in the profile some time ago when the system was being abused by the SZFC clique.

you havn't got a clue mate. there is no szfc clique, im part of it and its a football team, its people like you who are so in the red they try and think of anything to put us in the red and throw there dummy out of a pram,

you think setting our rep to -25,000 bothers us, think again. sad old git.

Enough please! Mike,whilst you generally post very valid points on here,and are entitled to your views..I dont see what you are gaining by winding up most people tonight on most threads, (mostly youngsters) when you were not even at the game. I had you down for a much wiser man.

Lets all play nice eh.

John.

Good post there fella , i was in the west stand today with a big bunch of pals all between the age of 25-40 and saw mainly everything that went on today.
Now the fact i stated our age was that little scuffles in pubs and clubs never really tend to bother our group, but when your sitting next to a family and they are generally terrified it doesn't make easy viewing.

I can't really see a solution as to stop away fans that live within the london area purchasing tickets in the home end as how would the club now that this is going on ????

I seems to me that unfortunatly in todays society there is a element of individuals that are hell bent on causing trouble and they don't care who gets caught up in it.

The way people reacted today could of been a little over the top as yes it was a friendly and i did expect a few spammers to creep there way into our end , but the stewards dealt with it quite promptly and for once should get a little praise.
I hope that the club respond to your letter and i hope it hasn't caused you not to bring littlelens along again as that would be a shame , don't let a few mindless human beings spoil what is a passion for most of us .

We will be there throughout the season.I would email the club and not go public but they have never replied to my emails, and to set the record straight, I am talking about 4 emails over the years and some have just been basic questions, not complaints. I do fear for the SUFC brand damage though(hate to use that term to describe a football club).

I started watching the club in 1972 so have seen a few things happen over the years,maybe I am too protective,but I was glad I was not closer to the 'action' today and glad the other young lad and his Mum did not go.

you havn't got a clue mate. there is no szfc clique, im part of it and its a football team, its people like you who are so in the red they try and think of anything to put us in the red and throw there dummy out of a pram,

you think setting our rep to -25,000 bothers us, think again. sad old git.

I live with happiness that I have no idea what you are talking about. I live with equal happiness that I have no interest in the repping system anymore.

Enough please! Mike,whilst you generally post very valid points on here,and are entitled to your views..I dont see what you are gaining by winding up most people tonight (mostly youngsters) when you were not even at the game. I had you down for a much wiser man.

Lets all play nice eh.

John.

this will be my last post as xabia has managed to **** me right off.

the reason i brought this up is because he constantly mocks many members on here and tries to be-little them and make them feel stupid when he knows nothing about them. as he has down to me tonights over many pm's. this bully like behavour should be looked by mods i feel.

good night

this will be my last post as xabia has managed to **** me right off.

the reason i brought this up is because he constantly mocks many members on here and tries to be-little them and make them feel stupid when he knows nothing about them. as he has down to me tonights over many pm's. this bully like behavour should be looked by mods i feel.

good night

At least I didn't resort to foul and abusive language in PMs.

It has come to an end. We move on ...

It was hardly surprising there were West Ham fans in the home ends, but even so I was surprised at just how many.

In the East Blacks Id say nearly 50% were West Ham fans, when we scored it was like we were the away fans.

Unfortunately the bunch of West Ham fans behind us lived up to every single stereotype portrayed on here in recent weeks.

Arrogant patronising idiots basically. All they kept on about was every time we shot about how many balls we must get through. Unless Im mistaken they smashed one over the South Stand and Zamora missing an empty goal from a yard out was hardly showing a gulf in finishing...

I don't like this either,but is better than scuffles breaking out behind you.
I wonder if the atmosphere would have been worse if West Ham had not taken a comfortable 2-0 lead?

Back