• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pubey

Take a bow. Missed a good chance, missed a pen, but his head never dropped - worked his absolute nuts off. Stevenage couldn't handle him and his build up and support play was immense. Piggot was great too.

What a man. I'd lose my **** if he scores at Wembley.

Fair play for letting Timlin take the glory:smile:

I grant his head never dropped, but Phil Brown had to give him a strong show of support before extra time, ruffling his hair and saying "keep your head up". All credit to PB.

No denying that BBBC had a poor game though, showboating a good chance in the first half and then failing to blast the penalty. Hopefully he'll have got all his missed chances out of his system this game and convert three at Wembley.

Agreed Pubey. Took the penalty under immense pressure and some OTT gamesmanship from the Stevenage players. Unfortunate that he missed and also should have tucked away a couple of other chances but what a servant he is, how hard working, a real team player. Top, top bloke.

I grant his head never dropped, but Phil Brown had to give him a strong show of support before extra time, ruffling his hair and saying "keep your head up". All credit to PB.

No denying that BBBC had a poor game though, showboating a good chance in the first half and then failing to blast the penalty. Hopefully he'll have got all his missed chances out of his system this game and convert three at Wembley.

He had a great game, two kicks of the ball aside. Everything good that we did (and we did a lot of good stuff tonight) went through Barry Corr.

I don't ever want to see him taking another penalty though. He seems to think that he's Pirlo now.

Barry showed today he can hold the ball up and has good feet, add that to the obvious passion, strength, heading and scoring ability (barring tonight), he'll be the first one on my teamsheet.... pure legend, hope he stays next season....

We also saw a level headed Barry tonight against those cheating *****

I though Barry Corr's play as a target man tonight, hold up and linking play, was all you could ask for and he took a battering to boot.

However his finishing was ssssssooooooo poor I wondered if he had a grand or more on a Stevenage win.

For his sake it was just as well we won and I'd like nothing better that to see him get the winner at Wembley.

He has 9 days to work on what "on target means." lol

This thread. Sums my thoughts perfectly. Glad he didn't have the misses cost us the game. Would be a horrible thought to have.

He was immense, worked incredibly hard, passed well, held the ball up well, and you have to get in the right places to miss and he did that. Hope he sends us up.

Missed some big chances, but his hold up play was first class. Seeing him sprinting to chase down their defenders in the final minutes of extra time was fantastic.

How anyone can say he had a poor game is crazy, he gad one if those in front goal games, but his all round work rate, effort and commitment was first class.

He always takes penalties high and hard and this one was no different, he was due one miss.

Hopefully he's saving all his goals for Wembley!:loyalsupporter:

I can't fault his overall contribution last night, it shows just how committed he is, and not a little skilful. As for the missed chances, better not to dwell on those, after all we all knew we would score three last night didn't we, and none of them from BBBC.

Last night Barry showed why he is a lower league player,should have scored 3 with easy sitters,his overall play was good however.

No more pens Mr Barry.

I am torn between wanting BBBC or AB to score the winner at Wembley.

Come the day I wouldn't care if it ricocheted in off Jack Payne's arse of course, but I began to fear for Barry's confidence last night. He missed three very good chances plus the biggest penalty of his life.

We could do worse than offer him a contract *before* Wembley, cos his workrate last night was immense and he took an absolute battering. The stoicism he showed in the face of all that will be worth its weight in gold whether we're League 1 or League 2 next year.

I am torn between wanting BBBC or AB to score the winner at Wembley.

Come the day I wouldn't care if it ricocheted in off Jack Payne's arse of course, but I began to fear for Barry's confidence last night. He missed three very good chances plus the biggest penalty of his life.

We could do worse than offer him a contract *before* Wembley, cos his workrate last night was immense and he took an absolute battering. The stoicism he showed in the face of all that will be worth its weight in gold whether we're League 1 or League 2 next year.

Why not both! and Timlin again to wrap it up!:winking:

Ha! That is one of the worst statements I've ever seen on Shrimperzone (and this IS Shrimperzone we are talking about...)

Corr was immense - and I'm not a fan who thinks he is 'god' and buy into all the BBBC nonsense, but he was outstanding last night. Sure he fluffed a decent chance - and pens can be missed, its 50/50 - but apart from that, it was an absolute clinic in how to play the target man role.

Back