• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The elms is surely the best value boozer in town, permanent wino prices.. the booze is back in house at Southend now. Getting better in the East and I hope it spreads round the ground soon.

(despite the fact i dont go to home games anymore) I know a lot of drinkers in west and they can drink!!! and rumour is there all going to start going up the Nelson....poor poor buisness losing the few hundred a game these guys spend......get your finger outta your arse Sufc.

(despite the fact i dont go to home games anymore) I know a lot of drinkers in west and they can drink!!! and rumour is there all going to start going up the Nelson....poor poor buisness losing the few hundred a game these guys spend......get your finger outta your arse Sufc.

Yeah, Martin out!

If they are anything like you, I hope they stay in the bloody Nelson ;) :net:
By the way just a thing about the Nelson, I heard some people talking about it the other day, apparently you are only allowed in there if you have a Southend Season ticket or Southend Home end ticket.

Oh and cheers for red rep, I guess I deserved it to be honest. HA!

Wait & see...
(You're lucky I'm in a good mood today and wouldn't stoop to such low behaviour...)

Haha, In a good mood? I don't think I've ever read you say such a thing.
I wasn't complaining about the red rep, because It does appear that it was possible to read one of my posts as I was comparing Sturrock to Tevez!

Just so those of you that drink in the west stand know. The club will not be turning the taps back on again this season.

I asked when the taps where going to be back on like the rest of the ground and was told they arent going back on because the club feels there is too much wastage in the west.

So last year we had to put up with all that **** with those silly pre pay cards

We have to wait until the half time whistle to get a pint (i mean bottle) whilst the rest of the ground is already in before the whistle and we also get marched out about 2 mins before the second half kicks off as the bar shuts its doors again whilst the east is comfortably still sitting.

We now have to put up with warm bottled lager for the rest of the season whilst the east has all beers on tap.

If thats not treating the west like 3rd class citizens then i dont know what is.

There is no way i am having that. Spread nelson all the way from now on.

**** you Ron martin you odious little hobbit

I spoke with Sharron on Saturday and she said it was because the cooling in the west was rubbish.....They are now tying up a deal with a large brewery and all will be sorted soon.

We will see I guess.

Surely the staff would have known this was coming? So why was i told on saturday catagorically that no draught beer will be on sale in the west this season?

Maybe its not just the beer there changing!

Being positive , its good to see that the only 'our club is xxxx' thread I have seen in days/weeks is regauarding the beer, and not the team is crap. the manager is crap and the chairman is crap etc .

The fact that this is the main gripe this week shows how far we have come in the last few months

(and yes I apprecaiate that the stadium has not been started, Tilson has (I assume) not been paid , no doubt others have not been paid etc etc)

it looks as if there will be draught beer in the West stand. This is what the Official site says, "To launch the new supply deal Southend United is introducing a happy hour in the Shrimpers, Far Post and West Stand Bars from 1 - 2 for the Morecambe game on Saturday 18th September 2010. Turnstiles will open to allow fans with a valid season card or match ticket to access these bars and enjoy all draught lager, beer and cider or bottles of lager for just £1.90."

and onions of course in the burgers.

Back