• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

sussex by the sea

SZ Fantasy League Champ 08/09.
Apologies if this is somewhere else or a similar thread has already been deleted, but the local rag down here in Brighton has 'rival football fans clash in street brawl' at the top of the front page tonight.

The story itself on page 5 states;

Football fans from opposing clubs hurled bottles at one another in the street as terrified passers-by looked on...Between 20 and 30 men clashed in Clarendon Road, Hove at about 12.10...Some of the men had been in The Exchange Inn in Goldstone Street before the trouble flared. Bartender Michael Leach said 'There were about 25 Southend fans. Then a load of Brighton fans came in...police were called and the Brighton fans legged it [my note: the most believable bit of the article so far]. Then the Southend fans were sat down in a line outside the pub and interviewed by police. Some of them had their photos taken but I don't think any were arrested...'

I am not interested in the actual details, more whether my local paper is spinning a bit of a yarn or not. Smiffy has indignantly told me about a football risk register or something that he is on but I know he wasn't there as he was driving erractically down the A11 at the time...more a risk to me as a fellow motorist.

The website story for the paper doesn't explicitly say it was our fans so I was wondering whether this was a standard Brighton punch up instead !

I was in the thick of it as usual, leading the line for our firm.Another victory notched.

Last edited:
Wow, I hope your proud of yourself! Surely this post could be used as evidence if the police are looking into catching people involved?

Err, other than the fact that he is clearly joking. The clue was in the phrase "Another victory".

Err, other than the fact that he is clearly joking. The clue was in the phrase "Another victory".

Depends what he calls a victory? Maybe it was a gay stag do of people from Southend against the bum boys of Brighton. And a victory is a good bumming?

Wow, I hope your proud of yourself! Surely this post could be used as evidence if the police are looking into catching people involved?

Oh dear...moronic people like you should be banned from using the net.I seriously cringed you actually made a post like that.I would feel such an utter plank(shakes head)
This is the first time i'm going to dish out RED.You deserve it.THINK,ENGAGE BRAIN THEN POST.

Last edited:
Oh dear...moronic people like you should be banned from using the net.I seriously cringed you actually made a post like that.I would feel such an utter plank(shakes head)
This is the first time i'm going to dish out RED.You deserve it.THINK,ENGAGE BRAIN THEN POST.

HAHA quality... Reel him in...

Plank? Well obviously your the plank as seeing as your in the Red you cannot 'dish out red'. Go back to your boyfriend on your little supporters site, and enjoy playing Aldershot and Accrington Stanley next season.

Well, i'm reliably informed that apart from the victory on the pitch, there was one off of it too.

Plank? Well obviously your the plank as seeing as your in the Red you cannot 'dish out red'. Go back to your boyfriend on your little supporters site, and enjoy playing Aldershot and Accrington Stanley next season.
Ricey calling someone gay !!

haha

Back