• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Should Phil Brown be sacked?

• Yes - sack him

Votes: 165 55.6%
  • No - he deserves more time

Votes: 132 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your stats are even worse. We lost to Gills and Port Vale this season in the league so we have lost 2 league games, not 1

Keep up Dave.. That's exactly my point about fudging the figures to suit an opinion

I said we have only lost one league game in 3 months:

9th May - 9th August = 1 game lost in 3 months
10th May - 10th August = 1 game lost in 3 months
11th May - 11th August = 1 game lost in 3 months
12th May - 12th August = 1 game lost in 3 months

I wasn't going to mention the games lost between the 8th of May & the 8th of August, as that wouldn't suit my agenda. :smile:

We have one more point than we had at the start of last season! If we win on Saturday, we would have 4 more points compared to two points in first 4 games. Let get behind the lads, leave the booing until after the 90 mins!

We have one more point than we had at the start of last season! If we win on Saturday, we would have 4 more points compared to two points in first 4 games. Let get behind the lads, leave the booing until after the 90 mins!

Absolutely right that last sentence. Booing our team during a game is unforgivable IMO.

Having said that, it can try your patience a bit if you capitulate so totally in the first few minutes at home like Sheffield United did. Even then though, encouragement / noise and support would surely be a more helpful response than booing. Just look at Liverpool in the 2005 Champs League final. It's possible to come back but I can't remember when booing contributed.

I'm not happy with the squad assembly and certain management decisions but I will give the boys my full support. I only ever boo after the HT or FT whistle anyway.

Absolutely right that last sentence. Booing our team during a game is unforgivable IMO.

Having said that, it can try your patience a bit if you capitulate so totally in the first few minutes at home like Sheffield United did. Even then though, encouragement / noise and support would surely be a more helpful response than booing. Just look at Liverpool in the 2005 Champs League final. It's possible to come back but I can't remember when booing contributed.

We were impressed how the Sheffield crowd responded to being 3-0 down. Some did walk out after 20 minutes but the rest made an effort. Their shooting may have not been the best but we certainly had plenty of good defending to do. You could even say their fans may have saved them from a 5-0 score line.

Not sure how RH will show that sort of support if we are 3-0 down to Bristol on Saturday.

We were impressed how the Sheffield crowd responded to being 3-0 down. Some did walk out after 20 minutes but the rest made an effort. Their shooting may have not been the best but we certainly had plenty of good defending to do. You could even say their fans may have saved them from a 5-0 score line.

Not sure how RH will show that sort of support if we are 3-0 down to Bristol on Saturday.
Can't forget how the Blues faithful reacted when 5-1 down in a play-off semi-final...

[video=youtube_share;e2N4cuXYzkg]https://youtu.be/e2N4cuXYzkg[/video]

Fair play to the bloke for attracting some very decent players to the club (Demetriou, Ferdinand, Cox, Ranger). But if you can't get them to play together then it doesn't count for much. We shouldn't be going 2-0 down at home to the likes of Fleetwood.

If we do get rid of Brown, I would genuinely love us to give Dean Austin a chance. He's a real football man who loves the game, is very well respected, knows the club, has a real talent for spotting good players and was outstanding for us in the double promotion Tilson years. He's always promised and never been given a chance.

Last edited:
I couldn't make it today so can't comment on the game. Saw enough last week though to see that this is a really unenthusiastic, dull side heading for relegation. A new manager should be able to spark some life into them. I think we've got the basis of a reasonable side once injuries have cleared up..... I just think Browns time here has run its course

Brown out......not yet. He is trying to fill some key positions with better players. It's coming together slowly for most of our liking. When we have Cox, Ranger, Demetriou, Ferdinand, plus others coming in, and Timlin and Wordsworth are available, then you can judge whether Phil Brown should go. I still believe we will climb the table with that much better quality. Today we saw a prime example of two dominating centre backs for Fleetwood. No wonder Cian Bolger can't get in their side. Our centre backs were shown up in comparison. Our goalie looks a bad signing, that second was such a soft goal, a bit like the Gillingham soft goals. Bridge has shown he is not ready, and O'Neil's passing was terrible half of the time. He had a nightmare. Keep with them guys, the season's only just started.

That's the worst performance I've seen in over a decade. Not a clue what to do with it when we got their side of the half way line

"No one wants to win more than me"!
Ok Phil think a few supporters may differ.

His career and livliehood are on the line of course he wants to win as much as us. We were his route back into football, get sacked here and thats his last chance gone.

If we lose games its not because he doesnt want us to.

That's the worst performance I've seen in over a decade. Not a clue what to do with it when we got their side of the half way line

This is a re-occurring PB theme, no attacking idea.
Never does PB offer any advice on how the ball needs to get forward faster and out wide quicker. If he really wanted to he would be working on the back line being part of the team and not a section apart.

Fair play to the bloke for attracting some very decent players to the club (Demetriou, Ferdinand, Cox, Ranger). But if you can't get them to play together then it doesn't count for much. We shouldn't be going 2-0 down at home to the likes of Fleetwood.

If we do get rid of Brown, I would genuinely love us to give Dean Austin a chance. He's a real football man who loves the game, is very well respected, knows the club, has a real talent for spotting good players and was outstanding for us in the double promotion Tilson years. He's always promised and never been given a chance.

He was in the Directors box last week with Tilson, who's often there.

Agree with that, drastic as it may sound. Can't remember a worse performance in recent times. There was some soulless dirge towards the end of Sturrock's reign but this was worse. I've never left a game early, but I nearly did today.

That said, I don't buy this "we shouldn't be losing to teams like Fleetwood". They have assembled a decent squad. They have a big physical presence, but can play a bit too. They are streets ahead of us and comfortably beat us without needing to get out of first gear.

The key is in the word team...Fleetwood have built a team that can play the way their manager wants to...we've added a couple of quality individuals, but around the same core of team that hasn't beaten anyone but Sheffield United for 6 months.

It is going to be a long long season.

Isn't that Tilson guy the one who got us up to the championship and playing classy football on the fraction of the budget PB has used?

And then got sacked by the current chairman for his troubles. Never go back to a club that sack you is normally the rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back