• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Should Phil Brown be sacked?

• Yes - sack him

Votes: 165 55.6%
  • No - he deserves more time

Votes: 132 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Only wanted, and still only want one man to replace Brown - Danny Cowley. Hungry, youthful, bright, articulate, and is only going to get better.
As other have eluded to, he appears to be a real student of the game, and his preparation is seemingly meticulous.

Unfortunately, we have missed that boat (short to medium term at least).

Only wanted, and still only want one man to replace Brown - Danny Cowley. Hungry, youthful, bright, articulate, and is only going to get better.
As other have eluded to, he appears to be a real student of the game, and his preparation is seemingly meticulous.

Unfortunately, we have missed that boat (short to medium term at least).

I don't see why we've missed out. If we're willing to pay to prize Orient's prize asset away I doubt Cowley will cost as much in compensation and wages. Lincoln may be ****** off but stranger things have happened...

OMG!.. and you had a pop earlier at OBL about marketing research regarding the content for match programmes!!

We now have 3 pages of when Phil will get his P45??.... this Shrimper zone is sadly sounding as divided as I have ever known for many years.

Listen up people... we have just lost 2 games.... against only one team, and they are a strong club, with promotion credentials.. We will probably lose to them again, when we face them away... but believe me...

It is a fact!!.. we will lose again this season... many times... both home and away!... but I believe we will win and draw many times also!! and comfortably avoid the drop.

There is no need to panic just yet. Can we not just focus on the other 21 clubs (other than gillingham) that we have to face this season.

There must be someone with more than a 0% chance of getting us promoted.
Fair point actually:hilarious:

Maybe not 100%. But I do think everyone's being a bit over tthe top. Sacking a manager 2 games into a season is silly. I've not as yet heard a suggestion which I personally find attractive or is possible at this time

League 1 would have been a massive step up for Danny Cowley, I'm not so sure he would have been ready..

Very suprised by the lack of fitness given the amount of publicity shots of training and the emphasis of how fit and ready our squad was, maybe PB should stay away from the dressing room at HT based on the dreadful 2nd half displays against the Gills?

Before tonight I said 15 or 16 games will tell, now I'm thinking the next 3 are make or break.

Things are pretty bad right now - hard to say how the next month will pan out, what a mess

Is it really a lack of fitness? Or laziness/lack of desire?

Either way.....Cotterill, Coughlan, Powell. Almost anyone but Brown at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sayin I love Phil Brown. In fact as a person in not really a massive fan. But I 100% believe we will not get anyone in who has a better chance of getting us promoted at this point in time. Please stop this nonsense!

Ha ha ha, u are joking right? Seriously think he can get us promoted, we won't stay up, let alone get promoted. Tactically naive and despite to his credit making some decent signings we still have the same issues, whether it be defending set pieces, hitting the target, midfield dominance the list goes on.... Said for a while Edinburgh would be a good shout, well he has done PB big time in the space of four days

Get dicked by port vale and Sheffield utd and I'm convinced that Ronald will pull the plug and I'm sure in his mind he is already thinking of a replacement.

He has backed PB and put up with a lot of nonsense.

Steve Cotterell or Chrissy powell would be my first choices.

OMG!.. and you had a pop earlier at OBL about marketing research regarding the content for match programmes!!

We now have 3 pages of when Phil will get his P45??.... this Shrimper zone is sadly sounding as divided as I have ever known for many years.

Listen up people... we have just lost 2 games.... against only one team, and they are a strong club, with promotion credentials.. We will probably lose to them again, when we face them away... but believe me...

It is a fact!!.. we will lose again this season... many times... both home and away!... but I believe we will win and draw many times also!! and comfortably avoid the drop.

There is no need to panic just yet. Can we not just focus on the other 21 clubs (other than gillingham) that we have to face this season.

**** me, do u live in a bubble or been on Mars since January. Our form since then is relegation material, give me one glimmer of hope that PB can turn this round. He has alienated players, publicly criticised them in the media. He has had the summer to resolve glaring issues, yet in the space of two days has shown his complete lack of motivational skills, tactical awareness, no plan B. Yes he has brought in some decent players, yet the same old **** occurs. How can anyone seriously with a love the for club see anything other than serious trouble ahead with this guy in charge. Given the first chance he would jump ship, let's not think otherwise. Go now fir gods sake

I'll probably get some flack for this but IF Brown gets the sack and I don't think there is any need for him to leave just yet, then I would take Martin Allen in a heartbeat. He gets judged on his old school demeanour and the fact that he couldn't be less continental if he tried but if you look at the jobs he's done. Could easily do a great job in league one

Get dicked by port vale and Sheffield utd and I'm convinced that Ronald will pull the plug and I'm sure in his mind he is already thinking of a replacement.

He has backed PB and put up with a lot of nonsense.

Steve Cotterell or Chrissy powell would be my first choices.

I have to Disagree with you there Tommy.

Port Vale have an awesome squad, and again I expect to lose again 3-1 (that result sounds familiar??)... just like we did last away to them.

Their chairman, Smurf has spent a stupid amount of money on new players and his new Portuguese manager, also they still have Ex shrimper Anthony Grant (that was in the league one team of the week last weekend). I think they will be also promotion contenders come Christmas.

As for Sheffield Utd? A big club, with quality supporters, and a solid team. My prediction is that we might get 1 point from those 2 games... where we get it from though is anyone's guess.

Anyway, Ron won't pull the plug so soon, more likely end of September or October.

I have to Disagree with you there Tommy.

Port Vale have an awesome squad, and again I expect to lose again 3-1 (that result sounds familiar??)... just like we did last away to them.

Their chairman, Smurf has spent a stupid amount of money on new players and his new Portuguese manager, also they still have Ex shrimper Anthony Grant (that was in the league one team of the week last weekend). I think they will be also promotion contenders come Christmas.

As for Sheffield Utd? A big club, with quality supporters, and a solid team. My prediction is that we might get 1 point from those 2 games... where we get it from though is anyone's guess.

Anyway, Ron won't pull the plug so soon, more likely end of September or October.

Wouldn't be so sure.

As I've said it's not just about losing its the manner of the defeats that's the concern. Of course there are going to be games we get beat it's just we have to be competitive in every game.

Saturdays and tonight's performances have been so bad that it's a joke.

I sit near our bench/dugout and Brown shows plenty of passion.

Errrrr not at the moment as the orange **** has to sit in the stand. Plus, shouting and screaming at the players achieves nothing. It's having the ability to comunicate in a positive manner or change something when it's not working that counts, it appears he is incapable of either

Errrrr not at the moment as the orange **** has to sit in the stand. Plus, shouting and screaming at the players achieves nothing. It's having the ability to comunicate in a positive manner or change something when it's not working that counts, it appears he is incapable of either

Very true, that's why we are in L1 and not still in L2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back