• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Davros

The Whippet
twas an interesting night last night...

Left work at 6... got home at midnight!

After my short tube jourmey, i arrived at Fenchurch street at about 6.25 to be greeted by no trains... however, then a train came in, and was told it was the delayed 6pm and would be leaving soon... happy days, i thought.... anyway, 20mins later they told us that it wouldnt be moving, and that we could either get the Tube to Barking, where C2C services would be running, or go to Liverpool Street...

it was now that i wished i wasnt so lazy and had walked to Liverpool Street....

Anyhow, having got a seat on the first District Line train out of Tower Hill, we were going along nicely......

anyhow, having just left Upton park, with only a couple of stops to go to Barking, i put my PSP away, and this is about the time that the train grinds to a holt...

20 mins later the train driver says that the electic is going to have to be turned off...

2 hours later we are told there is someone tresspassing on the track, and that the service will be stopped unforseeably...

30 mins later, we are told that we're gonna have to walk along the track to East Ham...

30 mins later we do this.....

anyhow, having just endured a quarter of a mile walk over ankle breaking stones in the dark i arrive on the platform at East Ham, greeted by a BTP asking if were ok, and telling us to follow the stairs out the station...

get to the top of the stairs, and a LUG worker is holding the door open... here a lot of traffic outside... assume there wil be rail replacement or something... get outside, the door is litually shut behind us with sweet F**K ALL outside... not one LUG worker or anything..

there was a group of 4 of us by now, all wonering wft to do... we ask an unlicensed mini cab driver how to get to Barking, he tells us you can get a 238 or number 5 bus from that bus stop.... points to the bus stop where there are about 500 people!

anyway, one of our group (none of whom i know the names) says he knows the way to Barking.. is only about 2 miles...

anyway, so we walk 2 miles through some of the most de-generated area i have ever come across, and arrive at Barking about 10.15... we look at the board... train to Shoeburyness 10.20... excellent...

anyway, about 10 mins later, the train time changes to 10.55...

then at 10.57 the train is now at 11.05 and on platform 7...

still, at least its a seat.... oh no... the train pulls in at platform 7... full to the rafters, and i have to stand to Basildon...

got in at about 5 to midnight...

all in all... a cracking journey!

(oh, and just to cap it off, C2C finally took the money out of my bank account yesterday!)

(oh, and just to cap it off, C2C finally took the money out of my bank account yesterday!)

hahahaha.. you couldn't make these things up! C2C, great when it works.. a nightmare when it doesn't!

The trespassing was passengers on my C2C train who forced the doors and decided to wander along tube and C2C tracks causing the power to be shut off. Once the doors are forced they all have to be reset is my understanding which meant we were always going to be there for a while.

This is all close to Bromley-by-Bow, what a lovely area and was a good reality check in terms of appreciating where I live and I will not moan about Langdon Hills for a while.

Got bus to Stratford,a train appeared out of nowhere,4 hours for me,in just before 10pm.

My friend was on a C2C train last night where they were told the train would be switching over to the Liverpool street line. No movement. They are then subsequently told the driver didnt know the way and was not authorised for a change of route, so they had to wait for a new driver. Took him 4 hours to get home...

Yup, an absolute nightmare last night on c2c. I got to Fenchurch St around 6.15 and no trains and then heard the announcement we could either get the Tube to Barking, where C2C services would be running, or go to Liverpool Street. I decided, as I always do in these situations to head to Liverpool St, after all even if there are trains from Barking it's likely to take a while anyway.

So I strolled along to Liv St and got the 18.35 train. As I had a ShrimperZone FC committee meeting that night at the Spread, I wasn't too worrried about using this line as it meant I could get off at Prittlewell, which I did so around 19.35.

At 19.40 I was sitting on a stool at the bar of the spread having my first pint of the evening (first of several I should add). At around 5 to midnight, I was sitting in my front room having "one for the road" watching Sky Sports News. All in all not a bad evening.

another day, another C2C feck up

glad I'm on the ONE service now

trains may be s h i t but at least I get home relatively on time

From my experiences, and others at my work, ONE are consistently late and the trains are **** poor compared to the modern c2c trains. As for it being a c2c **** up, I think its more the case of school holidays result in bored kids ****ing up the lines, and then not helped my passengers trespassing on the line.

fair enough Shags, but in the 6 months I've been using ONE there has been about 2 major incidents.

as for the trains, yeah C2C are better I'm not disputing that, but I'm willing to sacrifice 45 minutes of mild discomfort for getting home on time

Last edited:
fair enough Shags, but in the 6 months I've been using ONE there has been about 2 major incidents.

as for the trains, yeah C2C are better I'm not disputing that, but I'm willing to sacrifice comfort for getting home on time

I would say that thats about the same as c2c in terms of major incidents.

I've been there myself with C2C, i know exactly how pi$$ed off you must have been. Luckily i use ONE Railway now and i was home ok last night. I agree though, our trains are sh!ttier but i'd rather have an on time service.

Bloody hell, and I thought being abandoned on Pitsea for about 50 minutes last night was bad.

It has to be said that communications on c2c are fcuking abysmal, and that bloody witless automated voice telling us bloody sorry c2c are (not) for delaying our journey pi$$es me off totally. Why the bloody hell don't they try something radical like employing a human bloody being.

And whilst on the subject, anyone seen the new queuing system at Benfleet, completed with an automated voice like a demented Dalek? I wonder how long it will be before someone smashes that up.

:fury: :fury: :fury: :guns:

Its bloody school holidays .......some chavs in Barking hang objects off a bridge in Barking which a train hits thus bringing the overheads down and everyone blames C2C ........

5.45 from Fenny crawled past limehouse , turned left at Bow triangle and back to Barking via the Gospel oak line ended up about 45 minutes late.

The trains in front would have been in mess though as they would have passed the link line.

Definitely a bit of a nightmare last night. I didn't get home until about 9:30pm.

I heard there were problems, because some ****wit decided to get onto the track therefore forcing all the tubes to be closed down so I decided to walk home instead of catching the tube. Left about 8:40pm and didn't get back until about 9:30pm as I stopped off at Sainsburys on the way back.

Its bloody school holidays .......some chavs in Barking hang objects off a bridge in Barking which a train hits thus bringing the overheads down and everyone blames C2C ........

5.45 from Fenny crawled past limehouse , turned left at Bow triangle and back to Barking via the Gospel oak line ended up about 45 minutes late.

The trains in front would have been in mess though as they would have passed the link line.

I don't disagree. But c2c do have control over communications and their effort last night was utterly pitiful in the extreme. There is no excuse for not telling people stranded on platforms or trains what the hell is going on.

i dont blame C2C for the chavs ruining the servie... what i do hold them responsible (and LUG to that extent) is being dumped outside East Ham station with not one pillion of rail staff with some advise!

Communication is the problem. Every method of transports is subject to delays caused by situations out of their control.

Leeboy just seems to have an issue with C2C and will take great delight in knocking it whenever he can. I guess the stats do not lie the fact C2C was the most reliable and prompt train operator this year seems to have no bearing on you. From the same bunch of stats ONE is one of the worst performing train operator, so I can conclude that you were extremely unlucky whilst travelling on C2C and very lucky whilst using ONE to have views that seems to contradict industry stats.

Anyway the one I feel C2C should start working on is be the top operator for Communication and Customer Relations. Although Leeboy will still probably complain.

Also to help everyone else using C2C , I will post the next time I work from home as it does always seem to coincide with major problems on C2C. the last time I have experienced a major issue was when both ONE and C2C were having issues due to signal/overhead wires during the hot July.

Last edited:
Back