• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I would hazard a guess that you neightbours water tank is behind that bit of wall just tucked behind his door, and that he has a leaking pump. Im no expert, but i've seen it before.

Is there any odour? Might help diagnose whether it's a waste pipe leakage or not. Having had an inordinate amount of trouble with leaky windows, under sink pipes and dishwashers recently I would suggest you don't leave it too long to get someone in. However, I'd make sure your landlord is informed that's what you're doing, or give him an ultimatum that if he doesn't call someone in himself by a certain time then you will. Never having rented I'm not sure on the protocols.

No odour, if anything maybe a soapy feel but that could just be the carpet. The protocol is that the leak is outside and no visible issues inside so it's up to the conscierge who is in charge of the building. If they want me to get a plumber out then I have to go through my letting agent. They need to get in next door and see what's going on (any bodies in the bath etc)

Well, whatever it is, I'd get on with it. Once water has a route to follow, it can be a bloody nuisance.

Have you tried taking a water meter reading before leaving for work and then seeing if any has been used whilst you are out. Would indicate of a fault on the supply side

Have you tried taking a water meter reading before leaving for work and then seeing if any has been used whilst you are out. Would indicate of a fault on the supply side

Meters are locked away somewhere only the conscierge can get them. Will ask him though if he could keep an eye on it

Have you tried lifting the carpet to see if any better clues underneath. Is the carpet wetter in morning than evening?

Should be all sorted. Apparently it's a leaking dishwasher hose from next door. Apparently they sent someone around to fix it yesterday, although to my eyes it seems to have got worse... so I will keep an eye on it over the weekend. I promise to keep all of you posted too because I know you're literally on the edge of your seats.

pubes xx

You ought to get a heater on the damp patch to dry it out or it will start to smell.......

You ought to get a heater on the damp patch to dry it out or it will start to smell.......

Apparently the other residents in the block are saying stuff like "thank god for that damp carpet smell, its really masking the pong coming from that flat that belongs to the guy with the pubic thatch on his head"

i imagine

:raspberry:

Apparently the other residents in the block are saying stuff like "thank god for that damp carpet smell, its really masking the pong coming from that flat that belongs to the guy with the pubic thatch on his head"

i imagine

:raspberry:

Incidentally, my other neighbours' car reg is OBL, so it's either SZ's favourite Sawyer-hater, or Osama!

It probably would get worse before it gets better. Chances are the plumber that mended it split a fair amount of water whilst mending the leak...

Back