• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who was the greater Southendlegend?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thanks for the correction on Gary Moore. Was in what is now known as the Brook Road stand - and distinctly remember Eddie C chasing Mr Fussey all over the pitch for a minute after the non goal. I stood there with mouth open, so maybe it was the shock that made me miss the scorer.

Eddie Firmani - or as he was known in the dark days of Alvan Williams - Eddie Firmanager.

Eddie was sent back to Charlton on transfer deadline day in 1967 (or thereabouts) by Williams so that he didn't take his job.

My recollection is that his goals saved Charlton from relegation that season but my memory may be playing tricks.

Sadly without Eddie we missed promotion.

Eddie Firmani - or as he was known in the dark days of Alvan Williams - Eddie Firmanager.

Eddie was sent back to Charlton on transfer deadline day in 1967 (or thereabouts) by Williams so that he didn't take his job.

My recollection is that his goals saved Charlton from relegation that season but my memory may be playing tricks.

Sadly without Eddie we missed promotion.

IIRC(and I do)your Dad used to play golf with EF back in the day.No Tilly like golf stories for us?;)

Gary Moore had a poxy season that year, didn't have a definate goal ruled out at Mansfield as well, when ref ruled the ball hadn't crossed the line.

68/69 was big Gary's debut season starting with a hat trick against Kings Lynn and 4 against Brentwood. In the Mansfield game he smashed a shot against the crossbar from about 4/5 yards out a few minutes before full time. I swear the bar was still vibrating when the ref blew to end the match.

. In the Mansfield game he smashed a shot against the crossbar from about 4/5 yards out a few minutes before full time. .

Remember that as it was the 4th round of the F.A.cup, and had he scored we would have drawn 2-2 and had a replay at home. As we know, in the 5th round they got a home tie against West Ham, Moore, Hurst, Peters etc and beat them 3-0!.

Thanks for the correction on Gary Moore. Was in what is now known as the Brook Road stand - and distinctly remember Eddie C chasing Mr Fussey all over the pitch for a minute after the non goal. I stood there with mouth open, so maybe it was the shock that made me miss the scorer.

All I can remember about Brentford's ground is that there's a Fullers pub on every corner.
IIRC I was watching this game with my Aunt, which means we would have been sitting in the stands near the HW line and not behind the goals.That's why we would have got a good view of the (non)goal. :report:

Back