• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Films you've watched recently.

Not a Queen fan particularly but Bohemian Rhapsody was very very good 9/10

Re the Oscars. I haven't seen a star is born but I'd be surprised if there is a better performance than Rami Malek's.

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society.Plays the nostalgia and romance buttons to the limit.On the plus side,nice views of Guernsey and always good to see Tom Courtney on the screen.

Isle of Dogs - animated dog movie that only Wes Anderson could have made. Enjoyable enough. 7/10

Overlord- 2/10 Nazi lab where they are creating super soldiers that are virtually indestructible, all explosions and special effects no substance. Would give it a miss

Haha to be fair I've seen a lot more good films than bad ones lately, the cinema is a 5min walk from my house too so very easy to watch a crap film instead of crap TV. I watched a few turkeys in the summer but it was worth it for the air con.

Peterloo 6.5/10 - didn't really know anything about this episode of British history so found it very interesting. Doubt it will win awards but worth a watch IMO

Haha to be fair I've seen a lot more good films than bad ones lately, the cinema is a 5min walk from my house too so very easy to watch a crap film instead of crap TV. I watched a few turkeys in the summer but it was worth it for the air con.

I was on the train yesterday with some young Americans (obviously resident here).They said they go to the cinema maybe 3/4 times a year.Tops.

They shall not grow old- on bbc2 last night. Unbelievably good. The colour and audio really brought everything to life in a way no other ww1 footage has

Overlord- 2/10 Nazi lab where they are creating super soldiers that are virtually indestructible, all explosions and special effects no substance. Would give it a miss

Saw it saturday, bloody awful at best. It was a cross between the worst 'B Movie' ever and the worst 'B Movie' ever. Steve Reeve would have been proud. Can't even give it a rating.

Back