• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It was a genuine grudge match neither fighter liked each other. It wasn’t a made up rivalry like Tony Bellend and David Haye.

Rumour is its 23rd April at Wembley...looking forward to it but can't see past a Fury beat down...
Meanwhile we have Taylor this Saturday and Okolie Sunday...

Should be a formality for Taylor, I like Catteral but he's not fought anywhere near the level Taylor has...

Okolie has improved a lot under Shane McGuigan and is now good to watch

Rumour is its 23rd April at Wembley...looking forward to it but can't see past a Fury beat down...
Meanwhile we have Taylor this Saturday and Okolie Sunday...

Should be a formality for Taylor, I like Catteral but he's not fought anywhere near the level Taylor has...

Okolie has improved a lot under Shane McGuigan and is now good to watch
Don’t underestimate Catterall! He’s a tricky southpaw, not a formality. If anything it has banana skin written all over it. However, big Josh Taylor fan and think he is one of the UK’s best boxers. I’d like to see where he goes from here. Talks of going up to 147. Or even Crawford coming back down and then you have the 140 undisputed champion against the former 140 undisputed champion! That sells! Shame Crawford as great a fighter he couldn’t sell crack for nothing to junkies! The man can’t sell a fight! Has absolutely nothing about him!

Okolie is a funny one, I've never been a fan. I was at Wembley for the hug fest with Matt Askin! And I’ve watched a lot of shocking performances. It seems Shane as you say has turned him around. I’ve written him off before and I’ll do it again. He won’t be Makabu or Bredis. That’s if Bredis stops being a **** and chasing a fight with a ****ing YouTuber! Rumour has it that Okolie will be going up to heavy in the not to distant future. Again I don’t see him winning against Fury, Joshua, Usyk, Wilder or Ruiz.

I'm not a boxing fan but I watched that tonight and now I know why I don't watch it.

Rotten judges
I’m fed up with the sport after that! The judges and officials are ruining the sport. It’s corruption of the highest order. It’s embarrassing that our great sport is being destroyed by these shocking decisions.

Yeah wasn't expecting that
Neither was I! Did you see the pictures of him last year. He really didn’t look in shape and I wasn’t surprised when the fight was pushed back. Think he has really struggled to keep the weight down. Moving up is the best option for him.

I bet on a Taylor win and it felt like dirty money when it came in. There are too many fights where the fighter needs a KO or they will lose regardless of what they do in 12 rounds.

I bet on a Taylor win and it felt like dirty money when it came in. There are too many fights where the fighter needs a KO or they will lose regardless of what they do in 12 rounds.
That’s what they say about the UK for the away fighter. They need a KO to get a draw. It used to be Germany but I don’t remember them being this bad.

Just as I was thinking how can I watch boxing anymore after the Taylor / Catteral fight along comes Gill to remind me why I love this sport:Clap:
And just like that Okolie reverts to type after looking good in his last 2 fights:Frustrated:

Just caught up with the fight. I’ve been saying this for years now, unless there is severe consequences for those who have gravely misjudged a fight, then this kind of stuff will continue indefinitely.

There is only two reasons for scoring that fight as a Josh Taylor win. Incompetence or corruption.

I scored it 114-111 and even then I felt I was somewhat generous with a few of the rounds gave to Taylor.

Glad to see the BBBoC are going to investigate it, but I don’t expect much to come out of it. They certainly won’t reverse the decision & even if they did, that career defining moment has already been cruelly ripped away from Catterall. First thing they can do though, is send Ian John Lewis packing. He’s by far the worst official we have in Britain and his CV is littered with mind-boggling, controversial moments.

Back