• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I've had a double on Takam to win by KO/TKO and Parker to win by decision.
Think and hope Takam v Chisora will be toe to toe but think Takam can take more punishment than Chisora and eventually Takam will take Del boy out.
Think Parker is definitely better than whyte but don't think he has enough to blow him away and will probably take a leisurely points victory.

Could be wrong as I haven't seen a lot of either Takam or Parker
Screenshot_20180728-161220.jpg

Loved Eddie Hearn’s tweet after Dave Allen’s fight:

I quite liked the interview after where Hearn said that he put a decent win bonus in because he didn't think he'd have to pay it haha

I don't know how Hearn kept a straight face when he said Katie Taylor is one of the biggest names in boxing, not womens boxing, the whole boxing world. What a load of bollox

I quite liked the interview after where Hearn said that he put a decent win bonus in because he didn't think he'd have to pay it haha

I don't know how Hearn kept a straight face when he said Katie Taylor is one of the biggest names in boxing, not womens boxing, the whole boxing world. What a load of bollox

They really are trying to force it and it’s the same with women’s football. If people want to watch it they will watch it. Stop trying to force it on us! Women’s football and boxing doesn’t interest me.

I do enjoy a good women’s tear up in UFC though.

Well that’s your bet ****ed but what a fight and performance by Chisora! He really stepped it up for this one.

Dave Allen wins by KO
Chisora wins by KO

Now just need Parker to win and that’s a great night for me.

I got a couple of last minute floor tickets from an auction, for 70 the pair. For an event I was only partially looking forward too, it was a fantastic night.

Dave Allen was walking around the floor afterwards spending time with everyone and posing for pics, so pleased for him. Such a nice guy, if only he could be disciplined, and let his hands go a bit more. Chisora in another fight of the year contender, and Fowler loves a scrap. Excellent night, and atmosphere was one of the best I'd been too for a while. Unexpected great night of boxing.

Re: Garcia, not sure what's next for him. I hope it isn't moving up to 147 to face Spence, that's madness. Garcia and Crawford should be looking at each other, maybe at a catch weight, don't know why either of them think they'll get anything out of Spence. He's brutal at the weight, and would comfortable dispatch either of them. Interesting to see what happens there, though.

Listening to TalkSport earlier, they were saying that a Tyson Fury V Deontay Wilder fight is in advanced stages and should happen in December.

I'm guessing, if that fight goes ahead, Wilder will dodge the AJ fight yet again, for the long promised fight in April??.

If the Wilder V Tyson does happen, (if it happens after December 5th) it will technically be only just one fight in 13 months???

An honest question for all those true boxing fans out there, on this thread....

.... is there a time limit on a world champion that has to defend his belt?... I tried to google it. but never got an accurate answer......At a guess I would say it would be every 6 months,..but to be fair, i know nothing.

Last edited:
10 rounds in the bank for Fury. His foot work looks good and this can only go in his favour for a fight against Wilder in December. So many idiots out there saying Fury is rubbish and won’t beat Wilder. It was a warm up fight and Fury got some much needed rounds under his belt. He’s stripped the weight down which is a feat in itself, now he’s blown off some cobwebs. Fury is not a KO artist and never will be, his ringcraft and skill is how he wins fights which is how he dethroned the dominate Klitschko.

Fury can only perform on what’s put in front of him, just like BJS looked average in his two previous fights before he went out to Canada and schooled Lemieux! I really do think Fury will put on a performance reminiscent of the 2015 one against Klitschko. It’s going to be a great build up and way more exciting than a Joshua v Wilder build up would ever be.

Hearing they’re struggling to sell out the Joshua v Povetkin fight. Two average fights against his last two and people falling off the bandwagon. This imo has a better fight written all over it, Povetkin is better than Takam and Parker put together. I’m looking forward to it and thanks to the hype train being halted slightly I actually got decent seats for the fight. I’m excited and Povetkin could really **** things up for Hearn and his cash cow.

Not a fan of Fury Vs Wilder later this year. It’s too soon for Fury, who should have had another 2-3 fights before even entertaining this one.

Obviously I want to see him win, but I’ve got a bad feeling about this one.

Back